Just Soul Five

Guest Adam G

Guest Adam G

Now my head is a little clearer a look back on what was another excellant night.

Musically for myself practically faultless.

I think the night doesnt really need advertising or promoting as word of mouth is a good indicator of quality and this is a quallity night.

As usuall we were there early around 5.45 and the bar was already half filled with regulars of the night from north south east and west.

Too many great records played to mention but Paul Kelly's Lion to a lamb sounded awsome, suffice to say if you you like your music soulful irrespective of tempo then you need to try Just Soul

I was there from the first set to the last record.

I had a knee op in Jan so hadnt been on a dance floor since the November Just Soul so it was nice to have a shuffle without crying in pain and even better that it was to George Jacksons -Aretha play one for me . Thanks Tats

Full of friends and friendly people . A great night and had some funny funny moments D'Arcy that Desperados given me the squitters!.

Also as I have already written the Olde Belle is sold out of rooms already for Just Soul 6 and are doing a waiting list.

which shows that the lads are getting it right.

:thumbsup:

• Replies 19
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Kev Briscoe

Thanks for mentioning the rooms Adam, I was going to post myself and let people know.

There is a wedding on at the Belle the same night as the next 'Just Soul' (2nd July).

As a result most of rooms had already been taken and those that weren't were snapped up on Sunday morning!

I think there is a travel lodge down toe road and I'm guessing demand will be high!

Once again another great night!!

Kev

Now my head is a little clearer a look back on what was another excellant night.

Musically for myself practically faultless.

I think the night doesnt really need advertising or promoting as word of mouth is a good indicator of quality and this is a quallity night.

As usuall we were there early around 5.45 and the bar was already half filled with regulars of the night from north south east and west.

Too many great records played to mention but Paul Kelly's Lion to a lamb sounded awsome, suffice to say if you you like your music soulful irrespective of tempo then you need to try Just Soul

I was there from the first set to the last record.

I had a knee op in Jan so hadnt been on a dance floor since the November Just Soul so it was nice to have a shuffle without crying in pain and even better that it was to George Jacksons -Aretha play one for me . Thanks Tats

Full of friends and friendly people . A great night and had some funny funny moments D'Arcy that Desperados given me the squitters!.

Also as I have already written the Olde Belle is sold out of rooms already for Just Soul 6 and are doing a waiting list.

which shows that the lads are getting it right.

:thumbup:

Thanks Adam,

It was one helluva night.

Big thanks to all those who travelled from far and wide to hear what the 'Just Soul' team have in the locker!

We're still blown away by the massive support for what we're doing and the sheer enthusiasm and appreciation out on that dancefloor, from the most Soulful crowd I've ever witnessed, makes all the effort worthwhile.

Thanks everyone.

It was a blast.

And it'll soon be Summer, so be sure to make it a date for the July early start 'Summer-Sizzler'!

:thumbup:

Sean

First time for us at Just Soul & have to confess to getting my boyfriend there under false pretences,telling him it was a purely northern night as he hates modern & I dont :D . Bri,his face was a picture when you asked him if I'd converted him,he was that off his head that he hadnt noticed the modern played :thumbup: Spent the rest of the night sat with Victor Meldrew :):thumbup:

Andy Jackson,it was lovely to meet you & put a face to the name.

We stayed in the White Horse Pub across the road,which was a really lovely place to stay. He only has 4 bedrooms & I know that 2 have already been booked,so if you want to get in do it quick. Its £20.00 each a night & if you want brekkie its another £6.50. The rooms arent ensuite but bathroom is close by & they are very nice rooms. We had our tea & brekkie there & it was lovely. He's just bought the building behind & is converting it into 3 more ensuite rooms for future ones x

Guest sharon k

Bloody fantastic night guys !

shame we missed out on the accomadation for july but on the waiting list (fingers crossed)

and whats wrong with breakfast in bed coops ? oh yeah petes says the footy was good on sunday afternoon just finished the weekend off :thumbsup: x

Whats the november date so we can book it off work ?

Sharon x

Likewise Kirsty and thanks for the muffin it was lush thumbsup.gif

I have to admit, I turned down an offer from Kirsty to put my hand in her Muffin Box ohmy.gif

It was the last one and I didn't think It would lie well on top of Irelands black stuff so I said no :D

Made up for it at breakfast by sharing her table though :no: - I did keep a low profile however :thumbsup:

Regarding the night though, its all becoming a bit predictable methinks, Great Music, Great people, Great Venue, and so on

I think its time we dressed it down a bit because...........we breakfasted fairly early and after that I went to rebook and was told we'd only just made it :ohmy:

So the less we broadcast the fact that it was soooo good, the less new visitors will turn up and steal the rooms :D

So...........................keep shtum

Counting the days to part six

M.:thumbsup:

loved it, loved it, loved it... :lol:

That's what I was saying about your white chocolate chip chunk :lol: muffins Kirsty. They were delicious, thanks :lol: x

FIRST TIME FOR US

2 WORDS TO SUM IT UP - TOP NIGHT

PETE

:hatsoff2: Didn't realise you & Av were there. Mind you, it was that busy & I'm such a short arse it's no wonder I missed you both :( x

:hatsoff2: Didn't realise you & Av were there. Mind you, it was that busy & I'm such a short arse it's no wonder I missed you both :( x

SORRY WE MISSED YOU ALI BUT THE PLACE WAS PACKED TO THE RAFTERS! :lol:

TO SUM IT UP JUST SOUL WAS JUST PERFECT! :lol: LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT ONE ALREADY.

THANKS TO D&G FOR THE LIFT.

AV :lol:

Edited by LittleAv

I have to admit, I turned down an offer from Kirsty to put my hand in her Muffin Box :lol:

It was the last one and I didn't think It would lie well on top of Irelands black stuff so I said no :(

Made up for it at breakfast by sharing her table though :D - I did keep a low profile however :lol:

Regarding the night though, its all becoming a bit predictable methinks, Great Music, Great people, Great Venue, and so on

I think its time we dressed it down a bit because...........we breakfasted fairly early and after that I went to rebook and was told we'd only just made it :(

So the less we broadcast the fact that it was soooo good, the less new visitors will turn up and steal the rooms :D

So...........................keep shtum

Counting the days to part six

M.:lol:

I always keep a low profile :D

Am so pleased I booked our room for the next one as we arrived on Saturday! I'm not normally quite that organised...

glad that everyone that got one enjoyed my muffins - personally I thought the banana, fudge, pecan ones were rank... if anyone wants the recipe for the white choc ones I'll happily give it :hatsoff2:

Guest Dave Turner

Where were Wigan stompers and soul sam spins then :lol:

Don't think they found any last trip mate.

Now officially recognised as a couple of half wits :yes:

Edited by Dave Turner

Source Advert