Nick Brown @ Solid Hit Soul

Nick Brown, promoter & DJ from the much missed Scenesville nights will be the next Guest DJ at Solid Hit Soul on Saturday 8th October playing I’m sure, some of the tracks from that great venue along with lots of other goodies.

Solid Hit Soul is held on the SECOND Saturday of alternate Months at the wonderful Bar Vivo, 17 Watling Street, London, EC4M 9BB. Nearest tubes are Mansion House, St Pauls and Bank. Liverpool Street is a few minutes and loads of night buses also run very close by.

DJ's are: Dave Greenhill (Soul in the City), , Martin Thomson (These Old Shoes), Stuart Tyler (Gothenburg) & Gene Robertson (all over the place) plus special guest Nick Brown.

Music Policy is fresh and tasty northern soul for the floor - plenty of classics, current nighter spins plus forgotten and neglected oldies with an emphasis on QUALITY.

The venue is absolutely fantastic with a lovely wooden talc friendly dancefloor.

Admission is a mere 5 pounds, doors open at 9pm until 2am.

More info on https://www.solidhit.co.uk as it happens & more info from

Dave 0797 1876661

• Replies 38
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Toe Knee

Looking forward to hearing / Seeing Nick - well worth the journey even if he was all alone, but with the rest of the line up - definately !!! whistling.gif:thumbsup::lol::P

Look's like the making's of a top night. Not to be missed!! :good:

Looking forward to this one, Nick always plays a top class set & it seems quite a few others think so as well, taking quite a few phone calls about tomorrow, see you all @ ViVos

Dave G

0797 1876661

Guest Stuart T

Looking forward to it meself too - seems like ages since I heard a spot from Nick.......

See you all there bright and early, for my opening spot at 9pm! :lol:

Gene-R

Chairman, The Whitehouse Flexidisc Collective

I thought I was doing the 9.00 pm spot?

Guest Stuart T

Well I was on 1-2am last time, so that shifts me to the first spot this time. You lucky sod Stu; you've got a prime time 10-11 spot!

Rats' cocks, I was going to play obscurities to an empty room. :lol: And Janine may have arrived by then, better get my crayons out and colour a few labels yellow.

Rats' cocks, I was going to play obscurities to an empty room. :lol: And Janine may have arrived by then, better get my crayons out and colour a few labels yellow.

You're very welcome to swap spots if it makes you a happy bunny! :lol:

Edited by Gene-R

Rats' cocks, I was going to play obscurities to an empty room. :D And Janine may have arrived by then, better get my crayons out and colour a few labels yellow.

Oh boy your going to suffer now :thumbsup::yes: relly looking forward to tonight, fink we managed to convince Driv to do the driving so plenty to drink (hope the bars well stocked)

Top night of music, lot's of yellow records played :rolleyes: have stuck some photos up in the gallery :thumbsup: was good to catch up with people, and nice to see some northerners who came down that I normally only see at Prestwich. Only got slightly lost on the way home which was Dave Greenhill's fault :yes:

Any chance of some playlists, please gents.

Top night of soul, yet again! :rolleyes:

Thanks Ian - really good to see you again! Will post my playlist up later tonight (Monday).

Also thanks again to Nick Brown, who did us proud with an excellent guest spot! And thanks to all who supported us and enjoyed themselves, especially the couple who came down from Telford for the weekend!

Gene

Top night of music, lot's of yellow records played thumbsup.gif have stuck some photos up in the gallery :thumbsup: was good to catch up with people, and nice to see some northerners who came down that I normally only see at Prestwich. Only got slightly lost on the way home which was Dave Greenhill's fault :ohmy:

I wasn't lost I knew exactly where I was at all times...........!!!!

It's just that cars were banned from where I wanted to go :ohmy:

Anyway I'll take full responsibility on a night that a miracle occurred the likes of which may never be seen again. Janine & Dave were bloody early !!!!!! First through the door! Nick drove 'em tho' :shades:

Thanks for the lift Chaps & Chappess, thanks for a great spot Nick good to see you mate

Thanks to everybody who came down & hope to see you for the Christmas bash on December 10th

Dave G

Playlists should be up tomorrow

I wasn't lost I knew exactly where I was at all times...........!!!!

It's just that cars were banned from where I wanted to go :D

Anyway I'll take full responsibility on a night that a miracle occurred the likes of which may never be seen again. Janine & Dave were bloody early !!!!!! First through the door! Nick drove 'em tho' :thumbsup:

I will have it known that it was because of ME that we got there (I know Nick or Janine wont back me on this, but inside my heart of hearts, I am the one who got us there, ok, it was only the last 2 turns but it was ME)

ooh dave you liccle fibber! :D:D

Should have Nicks play list in a min to post up :thumbsup:

Can't make the december one as off to Gambia (see below which we posted out a few weeks ago to people) please feel free to help out :D

Some friends of ours who many of you will know Pete (lagerlout) and Julie go to the Gambia a few times a year and help fund the building of a local school, they take with them for each visit things such as school books, pencils & reading books. They also sponsor a kids football team, this is for children at senior school age so approx. 10 - 18 years old

Because we were so impressed with all the good work they do we have decided to join them later this year in December, and take over with us as much stuff as we can. We are looking mainly for decent football boots, and this email is to ask you all to please look through the shoe box's at home and see if there are any old pairs off boots which you can donate for us to take. If we get more than 2 suitcases full we will pay for them to be shipped out with us, kids to adult sizes will be great, and what a better way to donate than to have them personally given to these kids eh!

Of course there is nothing to stop you sticking a pack of pencils in your shopping basket next time your in tescos.

Just let us know what soul do's you can take the stuff too for us to collect it

Thanks guys

post-1171-1128977549_thumb.jpg

Here's my bit from Saturday. Many thanks to the Solid Hit folks for asking me to have a go - I very much enjoyed it! Any time you want me back, just ask - I had a great night all round.

Nick Brown 12:00-1:00

EDDIE GILES - Losing Boy - MURCO

DANNY MOORE - Somebody New - ALLRITE

TRAITS - Someday Someway - CONTACT

CHARADES - I Don't Want To Lose You - MGM

CAROL & GERRI - How Can I Ever Find The Way - MGM

PIC & BILL - What Does It Take - CHARAY

JACKIE WILSON - I've Lost You - BRUNSWICK

JACKIE LEE - Wanted & Needed - COVER UP

JACKIE LEE - Darkest Days - ABC

DOC/INTERNS - The Love That You Give - EDGEWOOD ACETATE

SHIRLEY EDWARDS - Dream My Heart - SHRINE

TOMMY NAVARRO - I Cried My Life Away - DE JAC

DOLLS - The Reason Why - TOY

LES CHANSONETTES - Don't Let Him Hurt You - SHRINE

FI DELS - Try A Little Harder - KEYMEN

RINGLEADERS - All Of My Life - UNISSUED M PAC

ROYAL FIVE - My Baby Cares For Me - COBRA

ROBERT TANNER - Sweet Memories - MEGATONE

HERMAN LEWIS - Who's Kissing You Tonight - MERCURY

MARY LOVE - You Turned My Bitter Into Sweet - MODERN

JOE WALKER - This Is My Last Goodbye - BOLD

BILLY KEENE - Wishing & Hoping - VAULT

JJ BARNES - Please Let Me In - RIC TIC

CLYDE MCPHATTER - Lonely people Can Afford To Cry - AMY

Note: from Janine :D Nick started off with 6 yellow lables :thumbsup::D:D

ooh dave you liccle fibber! :D:D

Should have Nicks play list in a min to post up :thumbsup:

Can't make the december one as off to Gambia (see below which we posted out a few weeks ago to people) please feel free to help out :D

Some friends of ours who many of you will know Pete (lagerlout) and Julie go to the Gambia a few times a year and help fund the building of a local school, they take with them for each visit things such as school books, pencils & reading books. They also sponsor a kids football team, this is for children at senior school age so approx. 10 - 18 years old

Because we were so impressed with all the good work they do we have decided to join them later this year in December, and take over with us as much stuff as we can. We are looking mainly for decent football boots, and this email is to ask you all to please look through the shoe box's at home and see if there are any old pairs off boots which you can donate for us to take. If we get more than 2 suitcases full we will pay for them to be shipped out with us, kids to adult sizes will be great, and what a better way to donate than to have them personally given to these kids eh!

Of course there is nothing to stop you sticking a pack of pencils in your shopping basket next time your in tescos.

Just let us know what soul do's you can take the stuff too for us to collect it

Thanks guys

Have PMed you Janine :D

Here's my playlist:

GENE ROBERTSON: 9pm - 10pm

DOROTHY BEERY: Don't Give Me Love (Big 3)

THE MODS: Dry My Eyes (Fona)

THE MAJORS: Which Way Did She Go (Imperial)

THE MAGIC TONES: It's Better To Love (Mah's)

BIG DON'S REBELLION: It Was True (Ethon)

THE DYNELS: C'mon Little Darlin' (Natural)

SOULMASTERS: I'll Be Waiting Here (Raven)

THE INTENSIONS: I Love You (Blue Light)

THE AMBASSADORS: Too Much Of A Good Thing (Pee Vee)

JR. WALKER & THE ALL STARS: Brainwasher Pt. 2 (Harvey)

THE ADMIRATIONS: Heaven Is In Your Arms (Paree)

THE INTENTIONS: I'm Losin' Your Love (Up Tight)

AL REED: Let Me Know (c/u)

THE LOST SOUL: A Secret Of Mine (Raven)

VINCE APOLLO: Can't Turn My Back (Pentagon)

L. ALLEN: Can't We Talk It Over (Green Dolphin)

THE LAVELLS: Share Him (CTB)

MAGNIFICENT MEN: All Your Lovin's Gone To My Head (Capitol)

DAVID & RUBEN: (I Love Her So Much) It Hurts Me (Rampart)

THE INVITATIONS: Watch Out Little Girl (MGM)

THE NOTATIONS: You Should Know (Sue)

EDDIE FOSTER: I Never Knew (IN)

THE EDSELS: If Your Pillow Could Talk (Capitol)

THE FOUR VOICES: Summer Kind Of Love (Voice)

DANNY WHITE: One Little Lie (Frisco)

SONNY CRAVER: I'm No Fool (Teri De)

Gene

soul content and sociably this was a brilliant night. Music throughout was top notch. And Stu Tyler laying down the gaunlet with 5 yellows in a row (to the disgust of Nick Brown who tried to plead a cheat with the primrose yellow Bay Brothers lol) and then Nick just took up the challenge and it seems overtook :thumbsup:

the 2 top spots for me - Nick was of course class; but set of the night (it really hurst to say lol) for me was Stu Tyler's :D:D:D

Guest Stuart T

Note: from Janine :D Nick started off with 6 yellow lables :D:thumbsup::D

If Nick is going to call a beige label default on my Nicky C I have to point out that MGM demos just don't count. Thems the rules, I didn't write them. Well, actually, I did write that bit, but that does mean that I win, hurray for me!

Playlist (how do I get rid of the double spacing on this list?):

Face Up To The Truth - Doris Troy - Capitol

Everyday Worries - Irene Scott - Midas

My Lover - Arlene bell - Velvet

I'm Your Yes Man - Clarence Reid - Wand

I Won't Believe It Until I See It - Jimmy Armstrong - Jet Set

My World Is On Fire - Jimmy Mack - Palmer

Put that Woman Down - John Leach - Lawn

Love Is The Only Solution - Martha Starr - Thelma

Brand New Faces - Brand New Faces - Lujuna

Say Girl - Lonie Russ - Kerwood

I Lost You - Holidays - Groove City

Just A Teenager - Marilyn Barbarin - Nola

I Can't Forget About You - Decisions - Sussex

Love Slipped Through My Fingers - Sam Williams - Tower

I'll be Back - Jimmy Wallace - Alpha

What More Do You Want - Gene Toones - Simco

Why You Wanna Treat Me The Way You Do - Hyperions - Chattahoochie

In Other Words - Fascinators - Bombay

You Do - Verma Lewis - Gold Token

I Feel In My Heart - Mary Wheeler - Atom

I Couldn't Care Less - Carol Fredericks - Stonel

Little Bit Longer - Anita Andersen - Contact

I'll Be Right Here - Tommy Soul - Gaslight

Lady Lady - Colt 45s - Jerry

Why - Nat Hall - Loop

I Can't Hide It - Appreciations - Aware

You Didn't Tell The Truth - Celebrities - Boss

Those Good Times - Nicky C and the Chateaux - Bay Sound

Edited by Stuart T
Guest Stuart T

Just heard from Nick and he agrees Janine was faffingh and if it wasnt for me they woulkd have turned right, not left :thumbsup::D

Had you been approaching the venue from the correct direction you should have turned right. :D

Guest Stuart T

Just cos i complimented you earlier; dont push it :angry: left is the way :D:thumbsup:

Sorry, I missed that. Can I congratulate you on an innovative choice of routes? I just mentioned the way you went to a London cab driver and he reckoned that you must have the Knowledge. The mayor believes that you may have singlehandedly resolved London's congestion problems and is considering putting up a blue plaque to commemorate your genius forever. Is it okay to give the people from MENSA your number?