Imber Village Hall

Guest Toe Knee

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I found this wonderful site with details and fantastic pictures of dancers https://www.tafsc.com/Imbersoul.htm

I am argueing with a couple of friends as to whether this place does really exist or not

Even if if doesnt the site is fantastic

Appologies if I have posted this on the wrong part of the forum - wasnt sure where better

Of course it exists, I was the first ever female DJ to play there, many years ago mind :rolleyes:

I found this wonderful site with details and fantastic pictures of dancers https://www.tafsc.com/Imbersoul.htmI am argueing with a couple of friends as to whether this place does really exist or not

Even if if doesnt the site is fantastic

Appologies if I have posted this on the wrong part of the forum - wasnt sure where better

Yes I was There "Check Out The DJ's" This was where I first played "The Drifters Harlem Child" covered up as Ray Pollard wink.gif

Memories ps go to www.bbc.co.uk type in Imber on the Search there is a lot about it there

Jon Buck

Edited by jonbuck

brilliant,wonderful site

cant remember going to imber. but as there seems to be lots of scots in your photos i probably was

(just can,t recall, memorys not so good these days)

is there any other scots on site that can remember going down.

jolly

Imber is well known among Bob Dylan aficiano..thingys.....he did a quiet gig in 66/7.....i suggested a lyric revision to "highway 61 revisited" which he took on board.........happy days :D
wink.gif:lol:

CANT BE TRUE I know for a fact it was not highway 61 revisited,Bob was buying a few of us

Fish and chips at Imber village chippie when he was told the cost was 5 shillings and 2 pence now back in the day the 6ts the exchange rate was about 4 dollars tut pound so five shillings and 2 pence was about a dollar 6 cents, so came the idea for his classic 6ts track which came out on a single late 6ts on CBS records entitled " FROM A BUICK 6" of which he also added to the classic album "Blonde on Blonde a track all about IMBER entitled Desolation row.and the chips were crap

wicked.gifshhh.gif

100% real ,I still go to the reunions thumbsup.gif I'm on there WONDER WHO I AM thumbsup.gif

I have to say I learnt all I know at Imber! It was there that I first started doing a bit of DJing! Broke many records there!! I have DJed at some of the reunions as well always a great crowd in!

Cheers

Paddy :lol:

Guest Matt Male

I am argueing with a couple of friends as to whether this place does really exist or not

gasp! yes it was real. There's a picture of me in the dancers photos section... thumbsup.gif

my hair grew back eventually after it closed down.

there's was a documentary on telly about it a month or so back, it's an army training facility now but they still let 'Imberites' back in for revival nights. It's just not the same dancing in a biological warfare suit though thumbsup.gif

M.

Edited by Matt Male

I recall the night when Dave Rimmer closed the Milk bar early in order to start writing the very first manuscript of the Rare Soul Bible (written on the back of the Milk bar meat pie menu, so legend has it)

There were riots and the police were called. I think only Karen Crane was arrested - for having criminal records thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif:lol:

Guest Matt Male

Ahh Cmon Mak you as much as anybody should know, that when we got our membership if we ever divulged that information that wed be flogged senseless with a knotted rope and have electrodes attached to our genitals,

Geeoooordie

Yep, memberships were blue for boys, pink for girls, yellow for the locals... :huh:

Guest Toe Knee

Ahh Cmon Mak you as much as anybody should know, that when we got our membership if we ever divulged that information that wed be flogged senseless with a knotted rope and have electrodes attached to our genitals,

Geeoooordie

Normally have to pay extra for that sort of service :yes:

Seriously though I am grateful for the replies - does anyone know when the next reunion is as I would love to go - ( can one go to a reunion as a newby ?? )

I recall the night when Dave Rimmer closed the Milk bar early in order to start writing the very first manuscript of the Rare Soul Bible (written on the back of the Milk bar meat pie menu, so legend has it)

There were riots and the police were called. I think only Karen Crane was arrested - for having criminal records :D:D:D

and I still have them to this day :yes::D:D