2011-04-23: York Soul Club....easter Weekender....soul-A-Thon

Guest Ranger

PS At least my baggie shorts would look a bit Kevin Keeganish on you :thumbsup:

Only because I'd fill them out in all the 'right' places. :lol:

Anyway i'm with Tom ford on this,

Men Shouldn't wear shorts

I think Pauline is going to ring Lynn tonight, looks like we might be free next weekend.

Kev

• Replies 84
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Good news about the camping, thanks for sorting that out for me, anyone else camping or will we be on our own?

looking forward to it.

If anymore people decide they are stopping at our house, I might have to join you....:thumbsup::ohmy::yes:

At the moment, I've been relegated to the large settee in the living room....:lol::D :D (Linda's got the small settee... LOL).

Guest tony hatfield

Hi Rich, we are having room 3 (OLDIES ROOM) as demand requires it, this will be opening from 7pm till midnight sunday only its booked for a wedding o saturday, may go on a little later a little after depending on staffing arrangements and demand, hope that solves that one. cheers T

Kev

Lycra shorts & a vest it is.............maybe not then :yes:

Not given it a thought but sounds a good idea for Sunday.

Cheers

Martyn

PS At least my baggie shorts would look a bit Kevin Keeganish on you :thumbsup:

Martyn

So you had the perm as well or is it the syrup again :ohmy:

Guest tony hatfield

Well, its finally here and I cant wait. Anyone who is travelling have a safe journey & see you tonight.

The dj line up for tonight in the main room

8.00-8.30 Tony

8.30-9.30 Pete Richer & John Alden

9.30-10.30 Trev Thomas & Ronnie Pedley

10.30-11.30 Bri & Dave Pinches

11.30-12.30 Phil Shields

12.30-1.00 Don Kitchen 1.00-2.00 John Parker & Tony Hatfield

The chillout bar will start around 9.00pm till 12.30am with all the above DJ's playing varied sets.

Also any one wanting tickets for the Bridlington Weekender I have some for sale.

Till tonight :thumbsup:

TRACY

Edited by tony hatfield
Guest soulmaguk

hello Tony & Tracy,

Sorry we cannot make it tonight, but the Scarboro' crowd will be there tomorrow for sure. Patto has asked me to ask you what time I will be on as he wants to come and take the p*ss.

Jock

great day with great crack and great people all for a great cause !!

lots of drink and food,

a real fun time with the posse of Mick,. Bridgette,Mo,Martyn and Lynne,Tony and Tracy,Trevski,Richard,Nev and Jo,Johno,Mouse,Mark and the Sheffield partymaster who will now be known as ''sleepy king''................let's leave it at that biggrin.gif

plenty of other good people in attendance !

and that Kirsty,well what can you say about her..... :rolleyes:

Edited by headsy
Guest tony hatfield

Just coming round from what has been a mad mad weekend :yes: Firstly i thank everyone who came along to the weekend and showing your support for a worthwhile cause :rolleyes: as you are all aware the olympics have taken president in all forms of sports fundings and alas, York sports Club (includes Rugby, Cricket, Tennis and squash includes many kids teams etc.) missed out on any form of funding via Lottery or government sports so decided to go it alone and borrow from the bank, as they had only 1 year left on the plans for the new buildings. Last year we did the easter all dayer with some success, so this year decided to have a go at a mini weekender, hopefully we achieved some margin of success. We await to find out, but myself and Tracy seem to think it went down very well :yes:

Thankyou to all the djs over the weekend for giving your efforts and valuable time towards the weekend, top quality soul Music is what York Soul Club is all about and ive got to say every one who went behind the decks in both rooms Delivered first class top rate tunes "Please all of you take a bow" you did us and yourselves proud :P.

Also thanks to Dy and Andy for being such excellent company this weekend Tigger, peppa, Cinderella and Big Ted will never be the same laugh.gif we just had a ball. I think all at York sports club will appreciate what we have achieved for them over the weekend, a fantastic effort again i thank you all.

My poor head is still in bits so will sign off for now.

Me & him indoors had a great time at alldayer. The weather was absolutely gorgeous,so an afternoon sat outside with great company,good music & a barbie,followed by an evenings dancing was just perfect.

Bridgey,Dee really like your set,did it show :D At one point I thought I was gunna have to sedate him,he was that giddy :lol::g:

Headsy,I'm still trying to get over being wrapped in a curtain,bent over a speaker & taken from behind :ohmy:

Lastly a big,big thank you to my gorgeous & very barmy boyfriend for getting me The Fabulous Peps for Easter from the alldayer :ohmy: xx

Well it was good for me and her :D

Just as we did last yr ...we had the sense to book a room and take in the whole of the Sunday session.

We set off from the hotel ,a few doors down from the venue ,and were instantly drawn by the smell of a well established B-B-Q and coupled with belting sunshine we got our drinks and headed straight for the great outdoors :ohmy:

Seems most people had the same idea ,which sadly for all those dj'n meant not as many in the room as could or should have been.

But as it was a charity do and all for a good cause, i hope we can be forgiven for being a tad rude to those who were dj'n ,for not being in the rooms and dancing ,however we could hear all what was played and trust me ,it was top drawer all day and night :ohmy:

As usual Tony and Tracy worked there arses off trying to keep things running smoothly ,which i'm sure was a mammoth task ..so many dj's and two rooms etc etc ...

All thats left is to say a big big thankyou guy's for your hard work and i hope it all paid off we'll seeya again real soon :lol:

Guest yorks old boys

this has got to be the warm up for brid had a great time and sat one off the djs played an out standing set if you got me to dance in the chill out room awesome sounds from the dover crew and jp double decking was out off this world did i win the raffle had to leave at 12 sunday work you know cheers tony and the good lady t thanks again for a good weekend lots and lots kenny and his 2 wives caz alli and for all the ones that felt i could not keep up with the girls drink habbits i gave it my best shot lol

Guest Dyan Reaveley

oops sorry about that Tony...the things soft toys get up to eh.?? lol. Thankyou for a fabulous weekend, the best time we've had for ages. Your hospitality was second to none, even though we invited ourselves lol. Expect the favour to be returned anytime.

The event was first class, music outstanding, company wonderful but still think you cheated at chess, lol.

Loves you both muchly XXX

The haze has just about cleared now...... yep, was a great weekend, with (as always at York) excellent company and top music. At one point on Sunday evening, Brett Franklin appeared so still, I assumed he'd reached some sort of nirvana, with crossover being played in both rooms :lol:

Thanks for all the hard work, T&T - and a big hand to the DJ's, who all played for free :lol:

awesome sounds from the dover crew and jp double decking was out off this world

:lol: :lol: Well I'm not sure if two of us makes a "crew" but yes, we were there in force! Glad you liked it although I should point out that JP was firmly in the driving seat for that particular set................

We had a great time and loved every minute - tiredness and lager took it's toll I'm afraid and led to a rather grouchy drive home, survived it though (almost)!!!

Loved the photo of Brett and me, I wonder if you remember all the thing you were saying mate? I do!

Superb music all weekend with a big shout towards Mark Etheridge for playing Billy Stewart - What Have I Done in the chill out room. A record I have loved for years but never had the nerve to play. Nice one!

Well done Tony & Tracey for putting on this splendid weekend event and for raising money for a very worthwhile cause. It was a pleasure to be able to make a small contribution to your success.

Great to see everyone again - see you again at Bridlington!!

Best,

John.

T n T

Well I blame you both for the late reply as I've been knackered all week yes.gif

Made both Saturday & Sunday & loved both events,both different but for me worked really well in there own way.The common factor was quality music all the way.I had the usual dilema with two rooms of not knowing which one I wanted to be in,all I can say is whatever room I was in & whoever was on it all sounded rather good to me.

So well done T n T another great time was had by all & hope you raised plenty for a great cause :hatsoff2:

See you both tomorrow.

Cheers

Martyn & Lynn

T n T

Well I blame you both for the late reply as I've been knackered all week :lol:

Made both Saturday & Sunday & loved both events,both different but for me worked really well in there own way.The common factor was quality music all the way.I had the usual dilema with two rooms of not knowing which one I wanted to be in,all I can say is whatever room I was in & whoever was on it all sounded rather good to me.

So well done T n T another great time was had by all & hope you raised plenty for a great cause :lol:

See you both tomorrow.

Cheers

Martyn & Lynn

Ayup Martyn,

Firstly...... Many thanks for the CD, I put it in the car and forgot all about it (Newky Brown kills the brain cells... LOL). I'll be taking it away with me next week and I can play it again & again in peace....:hatsoff2:

Both Linda & myself really enjoyed the Charity Soul-A-Thon. Unfortunately we could only make the Sunday, but we did get there at 1.30pm and stayed until the end.

Choons as always "Top Drawer" at York Soul Club. It was a pleasure to play a Rare set in the afternoon and then a Northern set in the second room at night. The B-B-Q was outstanding washed down with plenty of "Newky Brown"....:lol:

Thanks once again to Tony & Tracy for putting on this great weekend (although we didn't make Saturday, we heard it was the usual "Top Night"). Well done....hatsoff2.gif

Bridgey & Linda....:lol:

Edited by Bridgey

Could only make the Sunday night and it was a top night.

Top tunes + good craic + Beer = :hatsoff2:

Cracking atmosphere at a club where you can properly let youself go...

I know a few had to make their way home before it finished, but for me personally, the last set by Tony and John was top top drawer. Probably because Id been chatting most of the night and by 1am my legs were suitably oiled enough for a dance!!

Nice one TnT - and hats off to all the other DJs

Gaz

Great afternoon, Nice to spin a few for those present. I had a grin with Blackpool's Geoff ****** I won't give his last name as he probably won't admit to clearing the dance floor along with myself, only because the BBQ was fired :lol: up.WOW the club staff worked really hard, pondering to our needs. It was great to see so many people that I hadn't seen for a while, Andy C from Manchester and Dy, Charly M, Mouse, Tony I hope the tooth is sorted. Gary Brown, sorry I never said tarrar, but we left in a rush, thats another story :hatsoff2:

Big THANK YOU to T & T hatsoff2.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tony hatfield

Just like to say a big thankyou to all concerned, we raised approx a massive £3,500. :yes:MANY THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT, We are now looking forward to next years SOULATHON event.

Source Advert