New Sheffield Record Shop-Opening Postponed

"A couple of years after closing my old shop in Sheffield (Spin City) I have decided to open another called Vinyl Demand on Saturday 12th March.

Like Spin City it will stock lots of Northern Soul and other types of black music.

It is situated at the bottom of Rockingham Street in the City Centre opposite where the fire station used to be before it was demolished like most of Sheffield City Centre.

I hope to see all my old customers and new ones of course.

Having recently retired from my 9 to 5 drudgery I am looking forward to being in the shop although I will not be opening every day, though I will be open every Saturday.

Opening times will be relaxed although I am prepared to open specially for any visitors should they contact me in advance.

It's a relatively short-term venture as the shop is also on Sheffield Council's hit- list, no doubt to be replaced by a car park!

If you come in a car there's no problem parking as the shop is surrounded by car parks where buildings used to be.!!

It 's only half the size of Spin City and won't be as well -organised without Pauline but there should be plenty to browse through..

The phone number for any enquiries is 07597629901. "

Please note that following advice I have decided to postpone the official opening until Monday. This is because of the anticipated problems in Sheffield City Centre with the Lib Dem Conference and an anticipated demonstration. I will be at the shop on Saturday sorting records if anyone wants to still come but suggest they contact me on the above number or e mail me at spincitysheffield@hotmail.com. Meter bay parking has been suspended although I have space available behind the shop and I believe the Car Park opposite will still be open.

Andy

Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!