Help Im In Earls Courtlondon

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Ray,

I looked at the events page and the only thing I could find in London tonight was a night in Highbury Corner at the Buffalo Bar (Victoria tube line) 9pm til 3am £6. It is a night put on by Bob Stanley, who plays a mix of northern, 60s girl groups, pop etc. It is a mixed night musically. In the past I have been to a couple of things that Bob has put on and have really enjoyed it, but it depends how strictly you want a northern night, I suppose.

Bob is a nice bloke and used to attend our Scenesville soul nights with his wife Annalise(?) who was also really friendly.

Hope you find something you will like.

All The Best

Dawn

Have also just found another night in Stoke Newington called the Mod Generation, which appears to play lots of vintage soul stuff. Have never been to this night and Stoke Newington is a bit more difficult to get to, but if you need more details come back on here and I will give you the details.

All The Best

Dawn

Hiya Dawn

Thanks for the info - Definatley going to make one have just looked at the tube routes and it's about 30 mins from Earls Court Tube station !

So thanks again and I will let you know how we get on !

It's strange down here for a northerner from Sheffield !

Regards - Ray

Another thing I have found in Islington is a free pub event at The Hobgoblin, 73 White Lion Street. 9pm til 2am. Paul Aaron's Groove Lineage Sessions playing 'Eclectic Freestyle Dance' Soul, Jazz and Soulful House. Nearest tube is Angel on the northern line, and is meant to be very near the pub. This event and the Bob Stanley event are at pretty much opposite ends of Upper Street in Islington. About a 15 minute walk between them.

I will stop 'stalking' you now! Whatever you do, hope it's a good one,

Dawn

Are you down for just the one night, Ray? There's Boogaloo soul in Greenwich tomorrow night, if you are down and at a loose end. Friendly crowd. London is a really 'fast' , anonymous place for most, especially when you are used to seeing the odd green field!