Buying And Selling Virtual V's Venue

Dylan

Just curiosu on this. I took a small sales box to kings hall last week. About 4 people looked and all I did was 1 trade.

typed up 80% the contents of that sales box on here and within 6 hours 4 had sold and also got enquiries on a couple more.

So is it worth taking sales to venues or just do it on the net.

In an ideal world I would much prefer face to face transactions but it seems that it is a thing of the past.

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I think people still wheel and deal at venues but not as much, heard horror stories of major sellers going to the weekend events for example and not selling a single record, fact is you can pretty much satisfy the collecting bug without leaving your house, most major dealers have websites, sales on here alone is a good way to move records, Ebay etc. etc.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Lifeline always has a busy record bar, it helps that it is on a balcony as well and can see and hear everything going off below.

See others that aren't in the same room as the dance floor and business looks poor. I can't speak for all venues or sellers though.

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

all depends where you was with your sales box, was you in the main sales area or just at a table with the lid off, selling or trading something is another matter cos that all depends on whats in the box, selling records at the moment aint good by the looks of all the sales threads as maybe there aint as much money about at the moment :D

Social source share

all depends where you was with your sales box, was you in the main sales area or just at a table with the lid off, selling or trading something is another matter cos that all depends on whats in the box, selling records at the moment aint good by the looks of all the sales threads as maybe there aint as much money about at the moment :D

all fair points.

but as I said the same records that were in the box at a venue were listed on here so the whats in the box comment is no longer an issue for my example.

4 sold quickly virtually and none sold in a venue. I was in the same place as all the otehr sellers which was a run of tables in the back room at stoke.

chalky yiou are right the lifeline record bar is good and ideallly located so you can still hear the music of the venue. Baught a few cheaper bits on my last visit but didn't bring a sales / trade box myself. Will do next time I visit :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!