2011-06-11: Nuneaton Co-Op - Hinckley Revival All-Niter

Event Title: NUNEATON CO-OP - HINCKLEY REVIVAL ALL-NITER

Event Author: wiganer1

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Sat 11 June 2011

-------------------------------------------------

WIGANER1 SOUL PROMOTIONS PRESENT

HINCKLEY DAYS OF OLD COME TO THE CO-OP....

ALLNITE OLDIES SOUL SESSION

9PM - 6AM

DJs

MARK FREEMAN

CHRIS KING & CLIVE JONES

BRIAN RAE

+

OTHER GUESTS TO BE ANNOUNCED

REMEMBER THE LEISURE CENTRE IN ALL ROOMS ..WHAT DAYS THEY WERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FURTHER INFO RING 07718 496968

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

Edited by wiganer1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

• 4 weeks later...

JUST TO CONFIRM THIS ALL-NITER IS STILL TAKING PLACE,,,

CONFIRMED DJS

BRIAN RAE,,CHRIS KING DAVE EVISON AND ROB SMITH

PLUS MYSELF IAN JAMES AND IAN STACEY

ADMISSION IS £7 BEFORE 11PM AND £10 THEREAFTER

NO ADMISSION AFTER 12PM....

ATB

MARK :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Basingstokie Sarah

Another one Harpo!

You're like the blooming Queen...or it is that we haven't seen you since your last one!

Looking forward to this...me a nd the old boy, it will be great to catch up with eveyone.

As a little snippet of useless information, Hinkley was my first ever nighter, and the first time I ever met Dave!

All say...AAAAAHHHHH!

yes lee been a few weeks mate,,look forward to seeing u both on saturday

just reminiscing today on the live acts who were on at hinckley

had some brill nites there,,,,,,tommy hunt,,,eddie holman,,edwin starr,the rictic revue

hoping for more of the same this week

atb

mark

just to update everyone Brian Rae will not be able to make Saturday nite...:lol:

however rest assured there will non - stop 100% oldies all nite and my spot will be dedicated to Brian and will be spnning the sounds he used to spin at the time

gonna be a hot and sweaty night at the Nuneaton Co-op you can betch thumbsup.gif

bring a spare top and just to confirm entry to the allniter is £7 before 11pm. £10 thereafter

see you at the gogo..:)

last shout for the coop...allniter tonight.

dj times

0830-1000 - ian stacey

1000-1100 - fay jones

1100-1200 - harpo

1200-0115 - chris king

0115-0230 - mark freeman

0230-0345 - dave evison

0345-0500 - rob smith

remember 100% oldies and admission is only £7 before 11pm

see u at the gogo

Just returned from the Nuneaton all-nighter and gotta say had an absolute ball. 1st time there for us but it wont be the last, its got it all large good dance floor, loads of seating and a great host !!.THE dance floor was packed all night, music very good ,and a great crowd of people.Well done Marc be seeing you down there again mate, if not before.

Now back home in not so sunny Essex, what a night. Fantastic music great crowd if Carlsberg did oldies nights this would be it.

Nice to see you Mark we will not leave it so long until we come back up for more.

Looking forward to seeing you bring a piece of the Co-Op to Southend in a couple of weeks time.

Could someone please let me know the title and artist of the last record played by Fay Jones a great slab of Southern soul.

See you soon.

Guest sandi

What a great night, music,venue,people, what more is there!!!, arriving at about 8pm as we like to be at any venue from the start and stay to the end (pair of diehards that we are).

Mark and a few others milling around were there to greet us, yet it did'nt take long before others followed in our footsteps, the place steadily began to fill up, as so did the dance floor.

I was pleasently suprised throughout the night to hear the odd great record or two that l had'nt heard in maybe 30+ years, reminds you that there are still great underplayed records and some (never played , deserve to be played fantastic records out there ).

Stacey did the business and set the venue on fire, once the feet were on that floor, on the whole thats were they stay as track after track set the dance floor up for the next DJ to keep the momentum going. Fay Jones being that next DJ did just that, and to think how nervous she had been before her spot.... if she still was while doing her spot it certainly did'nt show, fantastic full hour of pure dance beat music, it kept me on the floor, and thats saying something these days !!.

Harpo followed Fay and yet again another hour followed with equal excellence in musical taste and again keeping the dancers on that floor...............................Now thats a refreshing site to behold, a dance floor full of happy paying punters being where they long to be on the DANCE FLOOR.....DANCING ph34r.gif.

Chris King was next, the original promoter of Hinckley Leisure Centre All-Niter, and still the dancers carried on :lol::thumbsup::lol:sweatingbullets.gif, then Mark Freeman, Dave Evison (played a fav of mine "Jodie Mathis- Dont You Care Anymore), Rob Smith ( who played "New York In The Dark - The Ad-Libs"...Great record one l once owned and alas sold, yet no sense in crying over spilt milk :no:.Anyway, Mark did the last bit just to finish the night off.

Oh What A Night.

many thanks to all who turned up to make another FANTASTIC night at the Co-opbrill atmosphere allnight long with great people and all the djs again did me proud...chris king absolutely loved it as did Dave Evison,,rob smith did an absolultely great spot and my thanks go out to them but equally to a couple of stand in djs who did brilliantly...Harpo and Faye big hats off to you..also to Ian Stacey as always getting us off to a great starthuge thanks to all the travellers (you know who you are!) and my regulars ,,,its you guys who make the night as good as it is...by 6am after 2 brillaint allniters id had enough and i finished off with golden world strings - supertime, which by judging the floor most punters had at nuneatonnext ones at the coop are :- August 13th with guest djs Dave Raistrick and Ian Gee and Ian James will be backOctober 8th sees Ted Massey and Kev suchDecember 10th being our final event of the year with more great guests once again many thanks for your continued support regardsmark

Guest aaz19tdi

Although we left early for us 3.30laugh.giflaugh.gif through being mullered after a hard days work and 6 hours on the co-op floor we still had our usual top night , looks to be even more class music heading the co-op way with those dj,s Mark , cant wait mate.yes.gif

• 5 weeks later...

Just returned from the Nuneaton all-nighter and gotta say had an absolute ball. 1st time there for us but it wont be the last, its got it all large good dance floor, loads of seating and a great host !!.THE dance floor was packed all night, music very good ,and a great crowd of people.Well done Marc be seeing you down there again mate, if not before.

Must say . goota pay it a visit thumbsup.gif

Source Advert