Ebayers "beware"

John Elias

Don't know if any of you have come across this when buying from the States/non EU countries.Today postman delivered a denim jacket won on ebay from USA,£9.12 to pay sir,fcuk I said wot the fcuk for? IMPORT VAT !,pays the man,does some homework off www.hmce.gov.uk.... search..notice 143,there's the info,seems that this can be charged as a% of anything over £7.00,and if that's not enough the carrier,e.g. Royal mail charges you a clearance fee,buggers.

So,take mine for example....seller has filled in green label with value $53,so I pay £5.12 import vat and Royal Mail fee of £4.00,also please be aware if he undervalued item and is randomly picked out and revalued then the buyer has to pay the percentage/ or the item can be seized.

Can I hear some arses twitching?

Edited by dancingcollector
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 9
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Matt Male

also please be aware if he undervalued item and is randomly picked out and revalued then the buyer has to pay the percentage/ or the item can be seized.

Can I hear some arses twitching?

Ooh was just gonna say friendly dealers usually undervalue.. then read the second half of your sentence.

Do you reckon they have Soulie double agents down there pricing records for them?

'Yep Professionals... $1? Ha i don't think so!'

Social source share

Been doing it for years....

Got stung for one a few months ago.

They seem to have purges, obviously monthly or quarterly.

Or perhaps they are starting to build up a fund for the Posties at Xmas.

My old Post Office waived loads of these charges for me (mind you I did bung them £20 bonus every xmas).

Social source share

Ooh was just gonna say friendly dealers usually undervalue.. then read the second half of your sentence.

Do you reckon they have Soulie double agents down there pricing records for them?

'Yep Professionals... $1? Ha i don't think so!'

My kids played Ice Hockey and I used to get all the gear from Canida as it was half the price of the stuff in the UK. To get round the import duty & the Vat you just get the vendor to put on the green label, Gift, and that gets round it, Thats the best way for brand new stuff or planely of value, Second hand 45s are not so valuable to the average punter in the street so you should get away with undervalueing it but even so, if you were to get a few sent from 1 dealer you dont need a lot to go over the £ 7 mark even if they a valued at $1

Social source share

My kids played Ice Hockey and I used to get all the gear from Canida as it was half the price of the stuff in the UK. To get round the import duty & the Vat you just get the vendor to put on the green label, Gift, and that gets round it, Thats the best way for brand new stuff or planely of value, Second hand 45s are not so valuable to the average punter in the street so you should get away with undervalueing it but even so, if you were to get a few sent from 1 dealer you dont need a lot to go over the £ 7 mark even if they a valued at $1
Apparently they can get DONE for misleading customs with wrong info on green label but suppose the chances are quite low,squeeze cheeks!
Social source share

This is not a new policy. It's just that they only snare a very low percentage. I would think that over the years out of maybe 10000 imported packages I've had about 20 that have been snagged. Not a bad ratio. Problem with lowering the price is when the thing goes mising and you've no insurance. Numbers game I suppose. Pays yer money (or not! LOL!), and yer takes yer chance eh? :huh:

Regards,

Dave

https://www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Talking of ebay.

I have bought a few things in the last month or so. I have two items to pay for two more, but Paypal tell me I have spent my limit.

I didn't even know we had limits.

Can anyone tell me how long before I can make paypal payments again please?

Social source share

Talking of ebay.

I have bought a few things in the last month or so. I have two items to pay for two more, but Paypal tell me I have spent my limit.

This happened to me Mike, you have reached the limit on your credit card. I had to put another card on my account to cover it. Or you may be able to increase your credit limit on your current card. Either way you've been buying too much vinyl, stop it. :huh: Phil.
Social source share

Talking of ebay.

this happened to me with paypal and it was because i was unverified. All you have to do is become a verified member and you'll be ok.

Tubbs

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!