Alfreton All-Dayer

NOTE: Ticket sales are OK up to Noon on Sunday - from this point on Tickets will not be posted, you'll receive an email with full instructions.

Limited Number of Tickets Now available online

Paypal, Credit Cards / Debit cards

Click Here

If you don't want to use Paypal we can process debit cards over the phone on Friday only from 9am to 5pm call 07943 002181

All-Dayer for some Summer Soul on Sunday July 10th 2011

2pm 11pm in the Famous Bowls Hall

Alfreton Leisure Centre

(Over 18's only)

DJ's booked so far:

Sean Chapman

Dave Evison

Ginger Taylor

Brian Rae

Nige Brown

Graham Weaver

Glyn Sisson

Pete Davies ('Casper' Blackhearts Soul)'

Glyn Williams

:thumbsup:

Click Here!

Traders / record dealers please PM me if you want a stand

Edited by Glyn Williams
  • Replies 56
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hasn't been an event at Alfreton for five years now.

Thought I'd address the balance :yes:

All-Dayer for some summer soul on Sunday July 10th 2011

2pm - 11pm in the famous Bowls Hall

DJ's booked so far:

lil old me :thumbsup:

Dave Evison

Ginger Taylor

Brian Rae

More to be confirmed - watch this space

Will be ticket sales and on the door.- not yet available but will be in the next few weeks.

And about time too Glyn :thumbup:

We've had some great nights there in both rooms , but I must admit I thought the bowls room was the better one .

We will be there thumbsup.gif

All the best

Steve B

Good comments so far :thumbsup: nice to hear.

hey, you talk of the bowls hall - get this.

No more 'half' of the hall - there is no longer a dividing curtain in the place so whatever you can remember, double it!

Dependent on ticket sales might end up using 3/4 or even the whole room - but it does hold around 900 fully open!

Shit, what have i done! lol

Edited by Glyn Williams

Note that i'm not promoting this as a re-union, that would be unfair as Ian isnt involved in this event.

However, for those who have never been - here's some memories and an idea how big the place is - these pictures dont even show half of the room. Low ceiling, floor flat as a fart (its a bowling green in the winter) great acoustics.

Also for info - around 12k sound system going in with surrounds - cables would be too long so we're actually going to be broadcasting on an FM link from one end to the other lol

see last picture - ahh the days when you could have a fag indoors lol

post-4283-0-25953800-1300530457_thumb.jp

post-4283-0-33986100-1300530467_thumb.jp

post-4283-0-19802300-1300530478_thumb.jp

Edited by Glyn Williams
Guest Grumpy

Hi Glyn

Great news, had some great nights at Alfreton

and also loved DJ'ing there,

I agree with Steve Brown that was the better room.

I'm sure you'll fill the room no problems.

I will be there. :thumbsup:

Mick Moylan.

Guest SoulSceneRob

What an awesome thing to do mate biggrin.gif The Grosvenor boys will be in attendance in the evening due to work commitments but we WILL be there.

Well done thumbup.gif

Rob

Glad you are doing Alfreton Glyn....pete used to go and told me how good it was...ive never been,really looking forward to it

(i think i'll have a new circle skirt for the occasion lol)

bye for now :hatsoff2:

see you soon

susan x

Edited by casper
Guest soul over easy

fantastic news loved alfreton venue best by far round this area back in its day i wil deffinately be passing the word for this one ... and if the likes of carl piper,andy and debbie riley,mark and jarvis,mona from chesterfield turn up we off to a great start ... just to name a few of the old regulars ... ktf.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a few short weeks now until the Summer Soul Northern All-Dayer in Alfreton.

(see the soul source diary page or the official website)

Fresh news - The evening session will be broadcast 'Live' around the world.

In the local area it will be covered on Amber Sound 107.2FM with a simulcast on the internet at www.ambersoundfm.com.

It's great news for those overseas and too far away that have been in touch saying they're gutted they cant attend. - Well at least you'll be able to listen and i'm going to try and get a webcam or two around the hall too. :lol:

Tickets are moving well so get yours now and save £2.50 on the door price - Tickets are limited to first few hundred so do not leave it till the week before to get yours.

They are available from the official website alfretonalldayer.com From Sue and Alan Jones, Mind Body and Soul clothing or the Amber Sound FM studio's in Ripley Google map here

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Oggie

I used to love Alfreton....in both rooms..the atmosphere in the big sports hall when it was rammed was amazing, I also remember the heat in Bowls room in the Summer!....take spare shirts people! We had the priviledge to DJ at the Reunion (was it really 5 years ago!) The MELTON MAFIA will definately be in attendance!

Oggie.

I used to love Alfreton....in both rooms..the atmosphere in the big sports hall when it was rammed was amazing, I also remember the heat in Bowls room in the Summer!....take spare shirts people! We had the priviledge to DJ at the Reunion (was it really 5 years ago!) The MELTON MAFIA will definately be in attendance!

Oggie.

See you there!

Perdita

• 2 weeks later...

NOTE: Ticket sales are OK up to Noon on Sunday - from this point on Tickets will not be posted, you'll receive an email with full instructions.

Click Here

If you don't want to use Paypal we can process debit cards over the phone on Friday only from 9am to 5pm call 07943 002181

Looking forward to Sunday.

DJ Times

2pm Pete Davies (Casper)

3pm Graham Weaver

4pm Glyn Sissons

5pm Nige Brown

6pm Brian Rae

7pm Sean Chapman

8pm Ginger Taylor

9pm Dave Evison

10:30 Glyn Williams (Voice Willing!)

LOOKING FORWARD TO SUNDAY!!

Been a few years since iv visited this Fantastic Venue!!

Plenty of room for the Dancers,,,, i l have a few nice toons fore sale too!!!:lol:

Heres to a Fine Dayer!!:thumbsup:

Nige

All last minute stuff now - sorting out the float, food van booked for outside, gotta find some bloody lamps for the jocks - b&q i guess!, new ortofon cartridges and styli arrived this am for the three decks, been testing the compressors etc and last minute ticket sales have gone nuts.

Tomorrow it's all loading up the kit, testing the FM links and optimod unit, getting the sennheiser mics charged, making the bass side mono so it doesn't feedback (betcha didnt know that!) and doing some weight training to get ready for installing 15k of pure heaven sound :lol:

It's coming home, it's coming home, it's coming ....................... :thumbsup:

LOOKING FORWARD TO SUNDAY!!

Been a few years since iv visited this Fantastic Venue!!

Plenty of room for the Dancers,,,, i l have a few nice toons fore sale too!!!:lol:

Heres to a Fine Dayer!!:thumbsup:

Nige

Ooooh No !! ,Nige , leave all the nice ones I like at home please .

Tony

Well, what an anti climax.

Never missed the Alfreton nights in their heyday. Really looking forward to seeing all the old crowd, listening to the old sounds.....

According to the previous posts there were very few tickets left. From what we saw on the day there must have been a shed load left over.

Bless Glyn for all his efforts but it was doomed from the start. £10 a ticket or £12.50 on the door. Usually, at a Dayer, the early ones leave early and the late comers, well, come later. £10 for 4 or 5 hours is a bit steep for some. As is obvious, as I attended, I payed my dues.

The room was less than half full, the sound system was constantly an issue with feedback and 'humming' constantly. One of the decks failed during Pete Taylors spot, who had stood in for Brian Rae who couldn't make it. Bummer as I know a lot/few of the people had turned up as he was booked. The music policy - whatever is played around at the moment - Alfreton 'reunion' ?? Don't get me wrong, I love the music, but everywhere you go .... Ask around and see how many say its getting predictable.

It is annoying that you have to pay an inordinate amount for these top named DJs who come along with a box of 50 records and play what anyone could bring from home. Their collections must be huge but still the same... Sean Chapman was his usual excentric self but what the hell was that track he finished with. Yeh, great wasn't it - no !! it was a bit of Ansel Collins !! Wasn't it advertised as a Northern Soul Dayer ??

This scene that we all claim to love is being kicked to death by the few who dictate what we should or shouldn't be listening to. I know we will get all the sycophants writing in, kissing arse and saying what a fantastic day it was but, honestly !!!!

I'm not posting this just to get a reaction its just my opinion. You may well have enjoyed youself, as actually, I did but it could have and should have been so much more. Don't be afraid to speak your mind, no one really cares on here. If you want to answer this with abuse, telling me where I am going wrong or I'm talking out of my arse then keep it. Just post your feelings of the day in question. If we don't tell them they can't put it right for next time, and we all hope and pray there is a next time.

KTF and be true to yourself.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Glad to see Alfreton making a come back after so long as it has been sorely missed as a venue on the Soul Scene :lol: Would you believe it but I was first through the door at 2 o'clock and the room looked great thanks to the hard work put in by Glynn and the rest of the organisers :D As all promoters know there is always some teething problems to be sorted out on the first one and sometimes unforseen circustances like deck problems or lighting,but all in all everyone coped well :( I did not get to hear all the Dj's as I had to go for 6 o'clock but some nice stuff was played and I really enjoyed Caspers set which was a real breath of fresh spinning some underplayed and less known records :D Its a shame it was not better attended but I feel Alfreton could be making a real come back in the future with the right mix :lol: Good effort to all involved :thumbup: Not sure if these comments should have been in the look back section but no thread had been started :D

KTF MItch.

www.blackheartsoul.co.uk

Edited by Guest

Well, what an anti climax.

Never missed the Alfreton nights in their heyday. Really looking forward to seeing all the old crowd, listening to the old sounds.....

According to the previous posts there were very few tickets left. From what we saw on the day there must have been a shed load left over.

Bless Glyn for all his efforts but it was doomed from the start. £10 a ticket or £12.50 on the door. Usually, at a Dayer, the early ones leave early and the late comers, well, come later. £10 for 4 or 5 hours is a bit steep for some. As is obvious, as I attended, I payed my dues.

The room was less than half full, the sound system was constantly an issue with feedback and 'humming' constantly. One of the decks failed during Pete Taylors spot, who had stood in for Brian Rae who couldn't make it. Bummer as I know a lot/few of the people had turned up as he was booked. The music policy - whatever is played around at the moment - Alfreton 'reunion' ?? Don't get me wrong, I love the music, but everywhere you go .... Ask around and see how many say its getting predictable.

It is annoying that you have to pay an inordinate amount for these top named DJs who come along with a box of 50 records and play what anyone could bring from home. Their collections must be huge but still the same... Sean Chapman was his usual excentric self but what the hell was that track he finished with. Yeh, great wasn't it - no !! it was a bit of Ansel Collins !! Wasn't it advertised as a Northern Soul Dayer ??

This scene that we all claim to love is being kicked to death by the few who dictate what we should or shouldn't be listening to. I know we will get all the sycophants writing in, kissing arse and saying what a fantastic day it was but, honestly !!!!

I'm not posting this just to get a reaction its just my opinion. You may well have enjoyed youself, as actually, I did but it could have and should have been so much more. Don't be afraid to speak your mind, no one really cares on here. If you want to answer this with abuse, telling me where I am going wrong or I'm talking out of my arse then keep it. Just post your feelings of the day in question. If we don't tell them they can't put it right for next time, and we all hope and pray there is a next time.

KTF and be true to yourself.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

we couldn't get terry but i respect your opinions so thanks for your honesty, i'll know what to do next time it's on. sounded a bit like some of the reviews for the first Winding Wheel and by all accounts, that's going from strength to strength so there may be hope for alfreton. xx

THIS NEED PUTTING ON SOUL NIGHT LOOKBACKS NOT ON SOUL EVENTS thumbsup.gif

CHEERS SAM EVANS XXX

Down to someone to start a thread there Sam (unless someone already has).

Not like the nighter / weekender forum where they are moved across automatically (well not really automatic as I do it :yes: ).