Frankfurt & Blackpool

I've heard some really good reports on the Frankfurt week-enders, so a few of us locally have booked.

Got a really good deal on flights & hotel through expedia.com. Any one else up for it?

Was going to book for Jazz FM Blackpool Hilton week-ender in Jan, but have heard some really bad feedback from others. Stuff like food really poor & drinks really expensive. Double whisky & coke £8 etc.

Anybody care to confirm/deny.

Col.

• Replies 11
  • Views 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest dodger

The food's far from bad, it's top notch but as it's a Hilton Hotel then yes, the drinks aren't cheap but obviously there's ways round that if you know what I mean. You won't get better, more comfortable surroundings for a weekender and the music overall is second to none and there's a good overall mix from old to new. Some people love the plush surroundings and comfort of this weekender but others still love the rough and ready freezing cold chalet experience. It's a case of getting what you pay for really.

Blackpool is a fantastic weekender. Yes the bar prices are high, but it's such a pleasure staying in comfort as Roger says, that you get what you pay for and that's OK by me.

Musical choice is second to none, plenty of well attended 'arenas' to choose from. Top notch atmosphere - and a great laugh.

Heard great reports about Frankfurt - loads of our mates are going but I have a prior booking that weekend so we can't make it unfortunately.

Edited by alison

The food's far from bad, it's top notch but as it's a Hilton Hotel then yes, the drinks aren't cheap but obviously there's ways round that if you know what I mean. You won't get better, more comfortable surroundings for a weekender and the music overall is second to none and there's a good overall mix from old to new. Some people love the plush surroundings and comfort of this weekender but others still love the rough and ready freezing cold chalet experience. It's a case of getting what you pay for really.

I dont think many love the chalet experience now surely, more a case of needs must for a decent Northern experience! :ohmy::huh:

Roger I thought the rooms at Blackpool were all sold out within the hotel?? Any chance of posting up details for booking (or where the details are?)

Cheers

Jock

I've heard some really good reports on the Frankfurt week-enders, so a few of us locally have booked.

Got a really good deal on flights & hotel through expedia.com. Any one else up for it?

Was going to book for Jazz FM Blackpool Hilton week-ender in Jan, but have heard some really bad feedback from others. Stuff like food really poor & drinks really expensive. Double whisky & coke £8 etc.

Anybody care to confirm/deny.

Col.

Am hoping to make Frankfurt, its a typical European experience, young trendy beautiful people dancing to decent music (just like UK NS scene 1981 :huh::ohmy: ), besides an ever growing number of UK oldies like us :huh: , Saturday all nighter is in a great venue, havent been to a soul thing there but was at a club, you can watch the sun rise listening to a great music. Depending on where you are staying its a fair bit away from Frankfurt centre but easy to get to, sure Gerhard will give you better details than I can, but if you are stuck I can let you know.

Its a great city (I am biased as I lived there for 2 years) so if your there for a few days worth a few pints of the best beer I have ever tasted in central Frankfurt!

Cheers

Jock

Guest dodger

Info for the weekender:

The Hilton line up is:

Lenny Williams

Maysa Leak

Ledisi

Adriana Evans

Steve Harvey

The booking number for full accomm: 01253 754403

£169 pp, Hilton sold out but rooms still available at THE IMPERIAL, THE DEVERE and THE BIG BLUE.

Weekend passes will be announced soon, they will probably be £59 each.

There will be no SATURDAY ONLY passes.

DJ line up TBA but will probably be similar, give or take a few, to the other ones.

Roger

Info for the weekender:

The Hilton line up is:

Lenny Williams

Maysa Leak

Ledisi

Adriana Evans

Steve Harvey

The booking number for full accomm: 01253 754403

£169 pp, Hilton sold out but rooms still available at THE IMPERIAL, THE DEVERE and THE BIG BLUE.

Weekend passes will be announced soon, they will probably be £59 each.

There will be no SATURDAY ONLY passes.

DJ line up TBA but will probably be similar, give or take a few, to the other ones.

Roger

Hi Roger, thanks for that, apologies for being slightly thick here but when you say rooms still available at other hotels do you mean although the Hilton is sold out they will arrange a room at these other venues within the £169 or do you mean these are recommendations but you have to wait for weekend passes and arrange yourself??

If its arranged as part of full price which of the above hotels is the closest??

Many thanks, will ask them to pass part of my booking fee over to you for your services :huh:

Cheers

Jock

Guest dodger

Hi Roger, thanks for that, apologies for being slightly thick here but when you say rooms still available at other hotels do you mean although the Hilton is sold out they will arrange a room at these other venues within the £169 or do you mean these are recommendations but you have to wait for weekend passes and arrange yourself??

If its arranged as part of full price which of the above hotels is the closest??

Many thanks, will ask them to pass part of my booking fee over to you for your services :huh:

Cheers

Jock

If you stay in the other hotels it's £169 all in as if you were staying at the Hilton. No idea which is closest I'm afraid mate but I think they're all within close proximity. Just hope it's not as windy as it was last year, there were people being literally blown over on the way to the hotel!!

If you stay in the other hotels it's £169 all in as if you were staying at the Hilton. No idea which is closest I'm afraid mate but I think they're all within close proximity. Just hope it's not as windy as it was last year, there were people being literally blown over on the way to the hotel!!

I had heard about the wind last year, thanks for the info, may even see you there this time, Lenny Williams always been on my love to see list so sounds like need to get my backside out the armchair!!

Cheers

Jock

Info for the weekender:

Steve Harvey

I used to like him when he was with cokerney rebel, "come up and see me make me smile"

B

Edited by biddu
Guest stash313

Gonna be a good one again this year Blackpool!

One of my most anticipated events each year since its begining.

If you haven't been to a Hilton weekender before make this one your's last year was awsome.

Due to me being a student I'll be staying at the cheap and cheerful b&b, across the road! :yes: