Gambian Soul Club Event 2011

Mandy

Due to unforseen circumstances Pete cannot be involved in the organising of the Gambian Soul Club all dayer, but is fully behind the event. So myself, Mark Johnson and Mak plus anyone else who can help will be sorting the arrangements out. 100% of monies raised will be going to the charity.

The date is Saturday 16th April at Derby Engineers Club, 214 Osmaston Road, Derby. DE23 8JX. Start is 4pm until 12,30am

The Gambian Soul Club past events have been well supported and great fun while also raising money for this deserving charity. With your support we hope to make the 2011 alldayer another succesfull event. Mark and Mak are taking care of DJs/venue/record sellers etc so if you want a spot or a table please contact by PM on here and I will be on the hunt for the usual fabulous raffle prizes from promoters and well wishers.

If you can donate anything at all from CDs/venue tickets/pictures/wine/choccies please contact me via here or email on mandywakelam@googlemail.com or on 07948720025. I will be contacting the usual promoters who give very generously to this event.

Thanks very much and hope everyone who usually attends will be there .. been a long time since we've had a get together!!

Mandy, Mark & Mak thumbsup.gif

• Replies 33
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The date is Saturday 16th April at Derby Engineers Club, 214 Osmaston Road, Derby. DE23 8JX. Start is 4pm until 12,30am

The Gambian Soul Club past events have been well supported and great fun while also raising money for this deserving charity. With your support we hope to make the 2011 alldayer another succesfull event. Mark and Mak are taking care of DJs/venue/record sellers etc so if you want a spot or a table please contact by PM on here and I will be on the hunt for the usual fabulous raffle prizes from promoters and well wishers.

If you can donate anything at all from CDs/venue tickets/pictures/wine/choccies please contact me via here or email on mandywakelam@googlemail.com or on 07948720025. I will be contacting the usual promoters who give very generously to this event.

Thanks very much and hope everyone who usually attends will be there .. been a long time since we've had a get together!!

Mandy, Mark & Mak thumbsup.gif

Edited by mormar44

I can endorse how good the last one was in Derby - never quite got over meeting and drinking with the likes of Brett from Leeds and putting faces to names like Pikey's Dog.

Some fascinating people who really know their music and not the same old same old.

Will definitely be there.

Good luck Mandy Mark & Mak

Just to say thank you to the promoters who have so far donated .. got some great prizes coming in and hopefully more before the day ... 100 club tickets, weekend passes for Manchester Euro Cultural weekend, CDs, Greatstone tickets, Rugby Soul club tickets and more thumbsup.gif Worth the fiver entrance just to win some of them yes.gif

CHARITY ALLDAYER

Derby Engineer’s Club

214 Osmaston Road, Derby, DE23 8JX

Saturday 16th April

Top DJ Line-up

4.00PM – 12.30AM

Admission £5.00

Great venue with large wooden dance floor

Large Car Park Cheap beer

Record dealers welcome

Raffle prize draw

Further info contact –Mark 07778 444011 - Mandy 07948720025

Facebook Page: Gambian Soul Club

post-1419-0-84004300-1301782368_thumb.jp

Edited by mormar44

As a lot of you know this event has been running for quite a few years now at various venues around the country . For those who have never been it is very much geared (excuse the pun ) around having a fun day out with some of the lands best DJ's entertaining us with a mix of soul music to thrill all of our genres .

A list of DJ'S will be posted later today , and I can honestly say it is a mouth watering list of DJ'S . However there are a couple of slots available to anyone who wishes to air there collection .

Tony MAK

As Mak says its a quality list of DJ's that have offered their services. The list is not complete yet but includes:

Erroll Green

Mrs Soul

Woody

Shute

Mick Brown

Andy McIntyre

Graham Malley

Frank Giacobe

Kev H

Mak

Kev Rogers

Gary Hollyman

I'm still waiting on a couple more to get back to me but there are some top quality DJ's in that list. It should be a great night of good music and fun and frolics :thumbsup:

There seem to be a fair few coming and staying over so have been asked for details of hotels. There are a good few hotels 10 minutes walk away on Midland Road. These include The Best Western, The European Hotel, Aston Court Hotel. https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en-GB&rlz=1T4TSNA_en___US373&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=hotels+in+Derby&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=hotels&hnear=Derby&ei=1TajTYWOJ4jChAf538j1BA&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBUQtgMwAA

Slightly further away the Ramada Encore at Pride Park has double rooms at £33 https://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/ramada-encore-derby.html?aid=312627;label=gb-derby-c5xGNT49EmK1Jkgvr2e2agC845357986;sid=597b54d190d7fc20fc39bda05430d4a3;checkin=2011-04-16;checkout=2011-04-17;srfid=a7001c17ac6119b7d14e29d8ad9ff49aX2

The Ramada Encore is 2 miles away by road or its posible to walk using a passenger bridge through Derby Railway station and it would take 15 minutes.

Any more queries pm me or call 07778 444011

Mark

Edited by mormar44

Sorry to be missing this but Margaret's birthday and our Wedding anniversary have to take priority. Hopefully the couple of 45's I've sent along will add some value to the raffle. I'd wish you luck but luck's for suckers :D Anyway you won't need it with that line up and such a good cause. You should do these more often Pete.

Sorry to be missing this but Margaret's birthday and our Wedding anniversary have to take priority. Hopefully the couple of 45's I've sent along will add some value to the raffle. I'd wish you luck but luck's for suckers :g: Anyway you won't need it with that line up and such a good cause. You should do these more often Pete.

have a great time Ged , and concrats to you & Margaret, mind you, you have that house all to yourselves now :D say no more :lol: and I do hope I win the raffle if you have put a couple of 45,s in biggrin.gif

Hi Ged, hope you and Margaret have a fab weekend.

Thank you for your generosity, its much appreciated. Have not opened the records, I'll leave that surprise to the lucky winner.

Due to Pete withdrawing at such a late stage its been very stressful but its looking good now and maybe we will think about doing a more planned effort at some later date.

I'll let you know the final results of this one. Loads of raffle prizes, some very tasty ones as well. Can't believe how generous people have been.

Mark

Add a couple of bottles of Vino Blanco to the raffle list, i'll bring them down with me.

Thanks Joe, thats very generous. Its looking like its worth a visit just for the raffle, some very nice prizes been donated. Makes up for if the musics rubbish :ohmy:

Have also had people asking if thers anywhere to watch the footy. Theres a big screen TV in the main lounge so its looking good all round!! thumbup.gif

The club have said we can start anytime after 2pm so we will be there from 2pm.

Provisional DJ times are:

3.30 - 4.30 Stevie Brown and Taz

4.30 - 5.30 Graham Malley and Gary Hollyman

5.50 - 6.30 Mark and Andy Powell

6.30 - 7.30 Erroll and Mak

7.30 - 8.30 Woody and Kev H

8.30 - 9.30 Lou and Frank Giacobe

9.30 - 10.30 Kev Rogers and Rob Kay

10.30 - 11.30 Joe Dutton and Shute

11.30 - 12.30 Mick Brown and Andy McIntyre

Guest BigPaul

C'mon Mark,get the times up mate.

May be bringing a certain nighter person with me. :lol:

Well left with the choice of an all Manc FA cup semi and a new series of Britains Got talentsad.gif

The chance to give a few groats to a worthy causeyes.gif and an across the border raid into sheep

country to catch up with a few i haven't seen for a while seems by far the better optionthumbsup.gif

Plus of course the company of my little friend Kev of the H and his good ladyhatsoff2.gif

Till tomorrowthumbsup.gif

Best

Paul

Seems to be quite a few people getting there early so it looks like things will be in full swing from 2pm onwards ohmy.gif

Big screen in the main bar for footy, cheap bar prices, hot snacks available, and some great music to boot, its all looking good for a cracking day in the tradition of the Gambian Soul Club alldayers!! :D

There are loads of fantastic raffle prizes, I can't believe how generous people have been. Its much appreciated and we will post a list afterwards of people that have donated.

Hope to see lots of you later

Mark