The King Is Dead, Long Live The King

coops

we were once called the Square Peg, a name of which we were (and still are) proud of.

but now........

with the opening of the NEW VENUE within the Grand Central, Skegness we are the Grand Central Soul Club.

our first event in the NEW PURPOSE BUILT venue is Sat 16th April

hosts:

CHRIS ROSE - SHARON 'K' - MAK & MICK COOPER

guests:

CRIS STARR &

STEVE 'JAY' JACKSON

*8:00 / finish* £3 OTD.

I've been leaving this post until now because the builders are still 'in' finishing the venue off and i wanted to be sure it owuld be ready on time for us.

those of you fortunate enough to be attending the Skegness Weekender will have a preview of this most excellent venue because that's when it will first open it's doors to the pulic.

the king is dead.... long live the king.

• Replies 44
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest smudgesmith

we were once called the Square Peg, a name of which we were (and still are) proud of.

but now........

with the opening of the NEW VENUE within the Grand Central, Skegness we are the Grand Central Soul Club.

our first event in the NEW PURPOSE BUILT venue is Sat 16th April

hosts:

CHRIS ROSE - SHARON 'K' - MAK & MICK COOPER

guests:

CRIS STARR &

STEVE 'JAY' JACKSON

*8:00 / finish* £3 OTD.

I've been leaving this post until now because the builders are still 'in' finishing the venue off and i wanted to be sure it owuld be ready on time for us.

those of you fortunate enough to be attending the Skegness Weekender will have a preview of this most excellent venue because that's when it will first open it's doors to the pulic.

the king is dead.... long live the king.

You get smell chucker Mikc

Having seen the new venue for the first time this weekend,I can't wait for our music to fill the room and hopefully do it the justice that it deserves.With two superb guest djs I think we are in for a cracker.thumbsup.gifAnd I can confirm that the dance floor is top notch too.

Edited by pilgrimsoul

Having seen the new venue for the first time this weekend,I can't wait for our music to fill the room and hopefully do it the justice that it deserves.With two superb guest djs I think we are in for a cracker.thumbsup.gifAnd I can confirm that the dance floor is top notch too.

it was like a scene from a comedy show, the builders were moving out of the back door of the venue friday as the weekender punters were coming in the front door... perfick!

GREAT VENUE INDEED :thumbsup: LOVE THE DANCE FLOOR @ THE GRAND CENTRAL SOUL CLUB, ITS GOT SOUL FOR A NEW VENUE, LOVE IT MICK, ALL THE BEST ON YOUR FIRST CLUB NIGHT :hatsoff2: I'VE GOT HINCKLEY ON THAT NIGHT HOPE TO BE BACK AT THE GRAND CENTRAL SOON :hatsoff2: SOULFUN AND LOVE SAM EVANS.

GREAT VENUE INDEED :rolleyes: LOVE THE DANCE FLOOR @ THE GRAND CENTRAL SOUL CLUB, ITS GOT SOUL FOR A NEW VENUE, LOVE IT MICK, ALL THE BEST ON YOUR FIRST CLUB NIGHT thumbup.gif I'VE GOT HINCKLEY ON THAT NIGHT HOPE TO BE BACK AT THE GRAND CENTRAL SOON :lol: SOULFUN AND LOVE SAM EVANS.

thank you Angel, have a great night in Hinkley. xxx

Guest sharon k

how good does this look?

(our new room inside the Grand Central)

post-9305-0-14896600-1301746627_thumb.jp

post-9305-0-10624400-1301746785_thumb.jp

Great pictures coops, it looked even better on saturday night at the weekender when it was full dancers and soul music bouncing off the walls ! Roll on the 16th with guests STEVE JAY & CHRIS STARR. :hatsoff2:

dee-jay times.......

8:00 / 9:30 - COOPS & 'DIDDY'

9:30 / 10:00 - CHRIS ROSE

10:00 / 11:00 - CHRIS STARR

11:00 / 11:30 - CHRIS ROSE (that'll be a 'Chris Sandwich' then!!!!) :lol:

11:30 / 01:00 - STEVE 'JAY' JACKSON

01:00 / CLOSE - SHARON 'K' & MAK

a little bit of something for everyone and a whole lot of soul!

Edited by coops
Guest dazzzzler

dee-jay times.......

8:00 / 9:30 - MARTIN STANFORD & 'DIDDY'

9:30 / 10:00 - CHRIS ROSE

10:00 / 11:00 - CHRIS STARR

11:00 / 11:30 - CHRIS ROSE (that'll be a 'Chris Sandwich' then!!!!) :lol:

11:30 / 01:00 - STEVE 'JAY' JACKSON

01:00 / CLOSE - SHARON 'K' & MAK

a little bit of something for everyone and a whole lot of soul!

hey up coops looks nice room ,missed skeg this time,is this venue going to run along with the skegy weekenders in future.

hey up coops looks nice room ,missed skeg this time,is this venue going to run along with the skegy weekenders in future.

yes dazzler, it's in the plans for september and beyond.

just been discussing sept event with Dave and the weekender will be using this new arena/room again and the others in the Grand Central complex that will be finished by then ..... also banging northern, as normal @ the grosvenor hotel, perfick (not forgetting the 'nighter too)

Guest smudgesmith

yes dazzler, it's in the plans for september and beyond.

just been discussing sept event with Dave and the weekender will be using this new arena/room again and the others in the Grand Central complex that will be finished by then ..... also banging northern, as normal @ the grosvenor hotel, perfick (not forgetting the 'nighter too)

Always thought an allnighter was not having to get up for a P@@s mush:hatsoff2:

Guest sharon k

this should be a busy night for us a lot of interest being shown in the new venue :thumbsup: with such good revues from the skeggy weekender :lol:

Nice vid Coops,as you said the bricks and mortar have been replaced but this saturday the SOUL will find its rightful place once again and give this fantastic structure some life.beer.gif

i'm ready for this chris, have been for eighteen chuffing months!!!!! :thumbsup:

hey mick! , great video by the way .....:hatsoff2: looking forward to the next instalment of the grand central,and being given an opportunity to spin some vinyl with the east coast crew , in that all new fabulous arena !! , complimented with an awesome dancefloor :rolleyes: cant wait :thumbsup: see you saturday

.............atb diddy

hey mick! , great video by the way .....:hatsoff2: looking forward to the next instalment of the grand central,and being given an opportunity to spin some vinyl with the east coast crew , in that all new fabulous arena !! , complimented with an awesome dancefloor :rolleyes: cant wait :thumbsup: see you saturday

.............atb diddy

looking forward to hearing your tunes stev ;-)

Guest sharon k

hey mick! , great video by the way .....:hatsoff2: looking forward to the next instalment of the grand central,and being given an opportunity to spin some vinyl with the east coast crew , in that all new fabulous arena !! , complimented with an awesome dancefloor :lol: cant wait :lol: see you saturday

.............atb diddy

Looking forward to hearing your tunes diddy, gonna get there early ! x

Guest sharon k

for those of you that didnt go to the weekender, the entrance to our new venue is the STAGE 1 door (next to blue fin chippy) and up the stairs.

cya all tomorrow x

Guest Drewes

Great Vid Mick .... a man of many talents. :boxing: Gonna be rummaging through diddy's box later to make sure he's got a couple of my tunes in there.... hey if a girl cant influence her man's playlist, what hope is there!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D x

Great Vid Mick .... a man of many talents. :boxing: Gonna be rummaging through diddy's box later to make sure he's got a couple of my tunes in there.... hey if a girl cant influence her man's playlist, what hope is there!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D x

i can think of no better way of influencing a dee-jay than by rummaging through his box!!!!!!!

(can you let netty know about that trick please) xx

Guest Drewes

i can think of no better way of influencing a dee-jay than by rummaging through his box!!!!!!!

(can you let netty know about that trick please) xx

Lol I've had a word in her shell like Mick ;-() x

Guest Drewes

Sorry we had to leave early but diddys djin later today at Hyde and it's still a fair old trek back home yet for him. He was on a roll after his early spot and would quite happily have stayed all night .... Well as long as he could have stood up that is! Lol.

This venue is truly amazing and such a credit to you all to see the numbers attending reflect that opinion. Was a great mix of tunes across the board but Diddy was particularly impressed with the playlist from steve jay.... His taste entirely!

The local slogan for years has said ...'Skegness is so bracing'... Well maybe we should reflect on that one and suggest a shift to ...'embracing'... Because one thing you can be sure of at the GRAND CENTRAL is a warm welcome in an amazing venue with a great dancefloor and a real mix of dj's.

Well done Grand Central Soul Club. I've been to many soul venues .... And ok I'm biased cos this ones on my doorstep, but haven't seen many that can compete with this one.

All we need is a rare oldies night and my utopia will be complete!! ;-))))))))

Sonia x

Sorry we had to leave early but diddys djin later today at Hyde and it's still a fair old trek back home yet for him. He was on a roll after his early spot and would quite happily have stayed all night .... Well as long as he could have stood up that is! Lol.

This venue is truly amazing and such a credit to you all to see the numbers attending reflect that opinion. Was a great mix of tunes across the board but Diddy was particularly impressed with the playlist from steve jay.... His taste entirely!

The local slogan for years has said ...'Skegness is so bracing'... Well maybe we should reflect on that one and suggest a shift to ...'embracing'... Because one thing you can be sure of at the GRAND CENTRAL is a warm welcome in an amazing venue with a great dancefloor and a real mix of dj's.

Well done Grand Central Soul Club. I've been to many soul venues .... And ok I'm biased cos this ones on my doorstep, but haven't seen many that can compete with this one.

All we need is a rare oldies night and my utopia will be complete!! ;-))))))))

Sonia x

thank you for that Angel, and thank you both for coming along. it was a pleasure double decking with steve, he's got the tunes to match his taste in high quality soul.

got to agree with him, Steve 'Jay' did ninety minutes of pure soul, best 90 mins i've heard in a long while.

and yes.... the All-nighter there run by Dave Raistrick on 21st of my will have a ship load of rare 60s northern.