Virgil Henry-You Aint Syin/i Cant Believe

Tfk

nice copy of this top double sider 70s demander ....on Tamla Records

"You aint sayin"

vinyl VG+ 2 scratches/ label VG++ small ghost print next to title-otherwise in good nick!!!

"I cant believe" VG + to both sides play great-£60 inc UK postage

ktf

tfk

....Virgil Henry aka Gil Blanding of "Rules" fame....

post-3067-0-36578400-1300866815_thumb.jp

Edited by tfk
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 5
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Here we go a wee snippet from an american website:-

Todays pick is yet again a New York production. From Jerry Ross´s short lived Colossus label comes this wonderful crossover gem. Released in ´69 this was the labels second release. Funnily enough "I´ll Be True" was also the labels last release, but not until two years later when Cookie Woodson in 1971 released her now very indemand version of the song.

In between these two versions Colossus relased several good singles that should appeal to soul collectors and fans. Two of the releases by a group called The Mob (# 130 & 134 respectively) are nice and shouldn´t prove to hard to find.

Virgil Henry also released a second single on the label "You Ain´t Saying Nothing New" (# 115) which is another crossover winner but can prove to be a bit dearer to buy. That release also got picked up by the well known Tamla logo from Detroit and gained a release on Tamla # 54212.

Virigl Henry also recorded as Gil Blanding, Virgil Blanding as well as Virgil W. Blanding, most known out of these release is problably the northern soul evergreen "Rules" credited to Gil Blanding and released on Ready records in 1966.

ktf

tfk :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!