Soulsville, Fri 7th Oct

Guest Jamie

Hey Guys/Gals,

You may have spotted the News article last week regarding this weeks event.

If not, the jist is we have NO late licence, which means the taps get turned off at 11:15 and the decks plugs get pulled at 11:30.

We've no Pat or John this month, but have the pleasure in welcoming Mark Bicknell as guest.

We're starting a bit earlier as a result, 7:30 at the latest, maybe earlier if we can get there!

Play roster for Friday is:

7:30 - 8:15 - Jamie Hartford

8:15 - 9:00 - Rich Buckley

9:00 - 10:30 Tony Jackson & Paul Havekin

10:30 - 11:30 Jamie Hartford & Rich Buckley

Would also like to add it's Mr Buckley's 30something birthday, so we'll be celebrating that affair. Quite a good possibility we'll spill into the bar next door until whatever time due to the early finish. I'm gonna check on the possibilty of getting some tunes on there.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers,

Jamie :yes:

Edited by Jamie
  • Replies 21
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hey Guys/Gals,

If not, the jist is we have NO late licence, which means the taps get turned off at 11:15 and the decks plugs get pulled at 11:30.

We've no Pat or John this month, but have the pleasure in welcoming Mark Bicknell as guest.

We're starting a bit earlier as a result, 7:30 at the latest, maybe earlier if we can get there!

7:30 - 8:10 - Jamie Hartford

8:10 - 8:50 - Rich Buckley

8:50 - 9:30 Mark Bicknell

9:30 - 10:10 Jamie Hartford

10:10 - 10:50 Mark Bicknell

10:50 - 11:30 Rich Buckley

Would also like to add it's Mr Buckley's 30something birthday, so we'll be celebrating that affair. Quite a good possibility we'll spill into the bar next door until whatever time due to the early finish. I'm gonna check on the possibilty of getting some tunes on there.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers,

Jamie :huh:

Hey Dodger,

How's things?Sorry to hear about the licence problems @ the 'Baby',are they sortable??, i really hope so, not least because i was looking forward to a slot!! :yes: .Will try to get over Friday, but its the usual scenario"who drives", Paul, bless him has done his fair share,so i guess it could be me ph34r.gif .However, Mark B does n't drink :wicked: Keep you posted.......Tony

Edited by Tony Jackson

I'll be along early doors, Jamie - any mate of Frankie Crocker is a friend of mine :wicked: . BTW, have you thought about letting whoever brews Baltika know that there's no late bar at Soulsville this month? Don't want any lay-offs at the Brewery...tell 'em to keep bottling it and that it'll all get drunk at the all-dayer :yes:

Richard of York

Hey Dodger,

How's things?Sorry to hear about the licence problems @ the 'Baby',are they sortable??, i really hope so, not least because i was looking forward to a slot!! :D .Will try to get over Friday, but its the usual scenario"who drives", Paul, bless him has done his fair share,so i guess i could be me :D .However, Mark B does n't drink :D Keep you posted.......Tony

Jamie,

Good news, Paul H has once again stepped into the breach, and has offered to drive over to Soulsville on Friday night :D ....looking forward to finally seeing the gaff....See you at the bar.....Tony

I'll be along early doors, Jamie - any mate of Frankie Crocker is a friend of mine :lol: . BTW, have you thought about letting whoever brews Baltika know that there's no late bar at Soulsville this month? Don't want any lay-offs at the Brewery...tell 'em to keep bottling it and that it'll all get drunk at the all-dayer :lol:

Richard of York

Hey Rich, be good to catch up again, I'm sure we can have a go and make a dent in the Baltika,

See you tomorrow :lol:

Jamie,

Good news, Paul H has once again stepped into the breach, and has offered to drive over to Soulsville on Friday night :lol: ....looking forward to finally seeing the gaff....See you at the bar.....Tony

That's fantastic news!! :lol:

Just had a few new buys land on the mat this week, so they'll be getting an airing. Nothing in the 'Tony J' calibre, but should fit nicely into my later set :lol:

There's a chance we may soiree a little later than 11:30, but we'll just have to see :lol:

J :lol:

**Latest News**

Those jolly good eggs Steve Brazil & Jonny Marsden are guesting at a bar called 'Milo' on Call Lane, just near to the Corn Exchange.

It's on while 2:00am, and plays a mixture of Jazz-Funk, Soul, Northern & a bit of Modern stuff. Only a small gaff, but beats going home at 11:30 and they're gonna save the 'Soul' stuff til we all get there.

It's about a 5-10 minute walk from Baby Jupiter, depending on weather. Think I'm gonna go anyway, so if anyone would like to come down, just hang around at the end.

It's also free entry, by the way.

So all is not lost!!!

Jamie

whistling.gif

Hey Guys/Gals,

7:30 - 8:10 - Jamie Hartford

8:10 - 8:50 - Rich Buckley

8:50 - 9:30 Mark Bicknell

9:30 - 10:10 Jamie Hartford

10:10 - 10:50 Mark Bicknell

10:50 - 11:30 Rich Buckley

Will keep you posted.

Cheers,

Jamie whistling.gif

Hi Jamie and Rich

Looking forward to Soulsville tomorrow and those fab choons you play :thumbsup:

Sarah x

Hi Jamie and Rich

Looking forward to Soulsville tomorrow and those fab choons you play whistling.gif

Sarah x

Hi Sarah,

Glad you're making it down :thumbsup:

I'm gonna be playing a fast 70's dancer for you in my second set, so get ready for the old 'soft shoe shuffle' when it's on :P

I'll be down there from about 7 onwards, see you tonight!

J :lol:

**More Stop-Press News!!**

Yeah, life is never dull at Soulsville :lol:

Unfortunately Mark Bicknell cannot be with us tonight, but we're fortunate enough to Paul Havekin & Tony Jackson from the Greatstone SC step into the breach.

Hopefully they'll be playing their own particular brand of played-out Oldies and retro-style floor fillers that they've become renowned for recently :lol:

For the benefit of those who haven't read a certain thread on here, that was sarcasm.

Mouth is watering already at the prospect of hearing these two at Soulsville.

Thanks lads for getting us out of the schtuck, really appreciate you standing in at short notice.

See you at the bar.....

Jamie & Rich

Hey Guys/Gals,

I keep meaning to make one of these nights, but I usually hit Yorkshire a bit late on the Friday (or our diary is full soulin' elsewhere :lol: ).

Hope the licence times improve in future???

Have a great night,

m

**More Stop-Press News!!**

Yeah, life is never dull at Soulsville :lol:

Unfortunately Mark Bicknell cannot be with us tonight, but we're fortunate enough to Paul Havekin & Tony Jackson from the Greatstone SC step into the breach.

Hopefully they'll be playing their own particular brand of played-out Oldies and retro-style floor fillers that they've become renowned for recently :lol:

For the benefit of those who haven't read a certain thread on here, that was sarcasm.

Mouth is watering already at the prospect of hearing these two at Soulsville.

Thanks lads for getting us out of the schtuck, really appreciate you standing in at short notice.

See you at the bar.....

Jamie & Rich

OH BUGGER!!!!! Why didn't you let me know earlier I'd have skived off work and got the train up :lol:

Who's going to play Karen Sue then .... Paul or Rich :lol:

***MORE MORE STOP PRESS*****

According to Paul, next time TONY JACKSON is going to drive - yes you read that right - Tony Jackson and "drive" in the same sentence....

Seriously folks, thanks to the Greatstone boys for stepping in so late - you all know the quality of these guys and their records (if you don't, check out the threads on this site and come down tonight), so it's a Soulsville v Greatstone championnship playoff!!!! Get down early please due to the early finish. As Jamie's mentioned, there is another venue to go to after Soulsville run by friends of ours who will be playing tasty crossover, so it'll be the same fun, but in another venue!!!

See you all later :lol:

Rich

Edited by Rich Buckley

***MORE MORE STOP PRESS*****

According to Paul, next time TONY JACKSON is going to drive - yes you read that right - Tony Jackson and "drive" in the same sentence....

Seriously folks, thanks to the Greatstone boys for stepping in so late - you all know the quality of these guys and their records (if you don't, check out the threads on this site and come down tonight), so it's a Soulsville v Greatstone championnship playoff!!!! Get down early please due to the early finish. As Jamie's mentioned, there is another venue to go to after Soulsville run by friends of ours who will be playing tasty crossover, so it'll be the same fun, but in another venue!!!

See you all later :yes:

Rich

Drive.....news to me :thumbsup: I actually will be driving to the next Soulsville , as it will be the alldayer, and we are stopping over :D ......See you to-night....Tony