Blenders

Reading through the Northern genres thread at the weekend, heikki 1 mentioned, Blenders-Tale of Sadness- DJO.

Could someone out there give me some gen. on this record/label.

Thanks.

John

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Jamesy,

DJO is a Chicago label, I believe. Don't know of any other releases on the label. "Tale of Sadness" was released about 1970, and currently sells for £150, when it turns up (don't think I've seen one apart from Nick Brown's copy, which he sold some time ago).

I love the record; and to be completely truthful I thought the chorus said "It's all about boxing, in the seventh round, it's all about boxing now".......then I found out he actually says Foxy & The Seven Hounds!!

Gene

Social source share

Hi Jamesy,

DJO is a Chicago label, I believe.  Don't know of any other releases on the label.  "Tale of Sadness" was released about 1970, and currently sells for £150, when it turns up (don't think I've seen one apart from Nick Brown's copy, which he sold some time ago).

I love the record; and to be completely truthful I thought the chorus said "It's all about boxing, in the seventh round, it's all about boxing now".......then I found out he actually says Foxy & The Seven Hounds!!

Gene

There was a a couple at least groups called the Blenders from Chicago. One consisting of Hilliard Jones, Albert Hunter, Goldie Coates, Delores Johnson and Gail Mapp who sang lead releasing discs on Cortland and Witch. Themn there was the Blenders on MarVlus (Your Love Has Got Me Down/Love IS A Good Thing Going) who is I think the same Blenders on DJO and another on Daniels when We First Met" which again is the same group as the DJO outfit IMO.. Other Blenders track is the Stafford spin for Guy the brilliant slowie/midtempo "Cause I Love You".

As for £150 for the DJO, the last one I saw was I think £250 and Manship rates it at £300.

Social source share

Thanks to all for all the info and input on this.

It's a record I have had for quite a while but knew nothing about.

Again the info was much appreciated.

Cheers

John.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!