Soul In The City With Val Palmer

• Replies 40
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Looking forward to a good night :D Haven't been out on the floor since Blue Skies...anyway my knee has recovered now :D

Good to see Dave back fresh from his hols :D Pity the weather has changed he won't be able to wear his shorts and show off his tan :yes:

Hope to see you there.... :D

Mac

Looking forward to a good night :D Haven't been out on the floor since Blue Skies...anyway my knee has recovered now :D

Good to see Dave back fresh from his hols :D Pity the weather has changed he won't be able to wear his shorts and show off his tan :yes:

Hope to see you there.... :D

Mac

It's never worried him before :D

SOUL IN THE CITY

With guest VAL PALMER!

@

VIVO

WATLING STREET

LONDON

EC4

6.30 - 12.30

Free before 7pm then £4

With Dave Greenhill, Martin Thomson, Mac & Paul McKay

Sorry, yet again will not be able to make.

Note to self "Must try harder to organise my work around soul nights and not soul nights around work commitments"

Anyway, don't know if I could cope with Dave in his shorts AGAIN!!!! especially mid week :D

QoF xx

Here's a nice photo of a buzzing SITC......I'm not in shot I'm afraid..........and nor is the princess...................happy days :yes:

Have to correct you Martin - that was taken at Solid Hit Soul's nite in April, and it's been lifted from my gallery!! :wicked:

Edited by Gene-R

Have to correct you Martin - that was taken at Solid Hit Soul's nite in April, and it's been lifted from my gallery!! :yes:

Spot on Gene, you beat me to it ! Will you be taking more photos on saturday @ Solid Hit?

Nick Brown all the way from Scenesville is our special guest, full details pm me or phone 0797 1876661

Shorts could be making last appearance of the year this week but if the thought puts QoF off from attending

either SITC or Solid Hit I'll cover me knees :wicked: C'mon Chrissie get yerself down & visit us

Dave G

I shall be at both nights

Please don't come anywhere near me with a tiarra :wicked:

Look forward to seeing you Snowy x

shorts or longs & no I'm not referring to drink!

If you promise not to wear your shorts and the next one is the 2nd November, there is a possibility I may make that one :(

QoFxx

By November even my shorts should be in moth balls Chrissie, you'll be safe girl don't worry X

& here is a genuine photo of a night @ Soul In The City & I think that RBMAN may be lurking in the background

Dave G

floor.JPG

If I'm not mistaken this ia another of Gene's (David who?) photos taken from the opposite end of the club. Looking forward to Val's spot tonight, see a few of you Sourcers later on.

Quite correct Paul, Genes photo at SITC

well kids it's 2.27am and I've just got home from a wonderful night at SITC.............midweek soul night maybe but this is as near to perfection as I can get....thanks the four tops....Martin Thomson, Dave Greenhill, Paul McKay and Mac. :D

A great crowd in to night who enjoiyed a blinder which included the fantastic Val Palmer.

I hope MT thinks again.....for my sake

Once again I have to agree with RBMan, great night. Nice to see a bigger crowd in, and the dance floor was busy for most of the evening.

As usual a great selection of sounds were played. Particularly nice to see so many DJs out on the floor having a good time.

Val Palmer did a great set, some very interesting sounds, the Mary Love one had mid 60s Mod club written all over it.

Playlists would be most welcome. Also wish to echo RBMan's comment on MT, please think again, where else will I hear Tell Me Baby, She'll Come Running Back, Alone With No Love, Have Faith In Me, etc.? Seriously though Martin, you are an integral part of the team. And I am not saying that because you're my friend, I really mean it.

Also wish to thank RBMan and Pete for the cheque for the Cinnamon Trust from Blue Skies, you are stars guys, and I know Les would be so happy, hope she can see it.

The only downer of the evening was getting to Liverpool Street and no sign of my train, and a Network Rail guy telling me my train was on platform 12, luckily I asked the people on it, otherwise I'd have ended up in Southend Victoria, instead of Edmonton Green. Also got quite a headache this morning, after only 2 pints of Carling, anyone else there last night suffering. I know I don't drink much these days but surely 2 shouldn't make me feel like this.

What a cracking night! A good crowd in early and up for dancing too. Goodly sets from all the boys and an outstanding set from our guest Val Palmer.

Here's my playlist:

7.00 - 7.30

ACCENTS - NEW GIRL - M-PAC!

ERNESTINE ANDERSON - YOU'RE NOT THE GUY FOR ME - SUE DJ

DEE DEE WARWICK - DO IT WITH ALL YOUR HEART - UK MERCURY

LOU JOHNSON - IF I NEVER GET TO LOVE YOU - BIG TOP DJ

NELLA DODDS - P'S AND Q'S - WAND

AL GREENE & SOUL MATES - DON'T LEAVE ME - UK STATESIDE DJ

100% PURE POISON - YOU KEEP COMING BACK - UK EMI INT. DJ

BOBBY REED - YOU ARE - BRUNSWICK DJ (thanks Dan)

BOBBY LONG & DEALERS - I GOTTA HAVE LOVE TOO - OLD TOWN DJ

PORGY & MONARCHS - THAT'S MY GIRL - VERVE DJ

HIGH KEYS - LET'S TAKE A CHANCE - VERVE DJ

DORIS TRIY - FACE UP TO THE TRUTH - CAPITAL DJ

8.30 - 9.15

DEVONNES - DOIN' THE GETTIN' UP - UK KENT

CAPITALS - HELLO STRANGER - UK ATLANTIC

DEON JACKSON - OOH BABY - CARLA

BARBARA LEWIS - THINK A LITTLE SUGAR - ATLANTIC DJ

EDDIE HOLMAN - EDDIE'S MY NAME - PARKWAY

KIM WESTON - I'M STILL LOVIN' YOU - TAMLA

EDWIN STARR - I WANT MY BABY BACK - GORDY DJ

MARVIN GAYE & TAMMI TERRELL - AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH - UK TAMLA MOTOWN DJ

DANNY WHITE - CRACKED UP OVER YOU - DECCA

BLOSSOMS - THAT'S WHEN THE TEARS START - REPRISE(for Geoff)

GENE CHANDLER & BARBARA ACKLIN - WILL I FIND LOVE - UK MCA SOUL BAG DJ

GENE CHANDLER - IF YOU CAN'T BE TRUE (FIND A PART TIME LOVE) - UK STATESIDE DJ

VIBRATING VIBRATIONS - SURPRISE PARTY FOR BABY - NEPTUNE

FI-DELS - TRY A LITTLE HARDER - KEYMEN

HIGH KEYS - LIVING A LIE - VERVE DJ

JACKIE LEE - DARKEST DAYS - ABC

KIM WESTON - A THRILLA MOMENT - GORDY

TEMPTATIONS - THE GIRL'S ALRIGHT WITH ME - GORDY DJ

Fell asleep on the bus home again, but luckily the Missus didn't. Thanks to the Soul Sourcers who came along. See some of you at Eastbourne on the 15th. (Memo to Stu & Steve - only diecut circular flyers distributed from now on - oh my poor fingers, seized up from the cutting out!)

What a fantastic night, Val was brill, so much for me taking things easy on the dancing side, that went out of the window once the drinks started to flow..... got the hangover from hell now, so back to my pit till fully recovered, got some great photos to stick up later on

to say I felt rough this morning is a huge understatement :lol:

Agree that it one a brilliant night - both with atmosphere, music and company, and it was the way SITC should be every month! :lol:

BTW, MartinT gets a regular hammering from me to change his mind - fingers crossed that the nagging works.

Must go now, real work to do here...

m

ps. you can delete all those fab pics of me Janine :lol:

So we were told last night :-(

Photos I took are up in the gallery, some very nice shot's of Dave's lovely taned pegs for chrissie LOL

Note to Soul Source Members

ChrissieO will not be back for some time, she was last seen being carried to an amublance by men in white coats. It seems that she has gone into a severe state of shock after viewing some photographs on her computer.

Chrissie’s Manager

P.S. Hopefully she has learned a sharp lesson from this horrifying experience and in future she will spend less time on the Internet during work hours

Edited by chrissieo
Guest SteveA

Yup - a top notch night. Nice mix of faves & lesser known (at least to me) tracks and a busy dance floor.

Couldn't get to sleep cos of all the tunes going round in my head.

See how good it is when we all turn up and go for it!!

So let's do it again!!

Yup - a top notch night. Nice mix of faves & lesser known (at least to me) tracks and a busy dance floor.

Couldn't get to sleep cos of all the tunes going round in my head.

See how good it is when we all turn up and go for it!!

So let's do it again!!

Well said Steve & thanks, a very good night & as you say “see what happens when we all turn up & go for it” unfortunately that seems to happen so rarely these days in London. Cherish what we’ve got while we’re still able to enjoy it!

Good to see Andy F out & about again & of course all our other regulars & a few newbies & thanks for the positive comments both last night & on here.

Not surprised Chrissies been taken away, God I do take a bad photo ! I’ll wear a burga in future with just me eyes showing!!!

On a sad note Mikey yes it appears to be true, Martin has decided to step down from Djing @ SITC although he will still operate our website & will be thudding around the dance floor on the 1st Wednesday of every month. I have tried to persuade him to reconsider but his mind seems made up although he has agreed to do a guest spot at our anniversary in December. He will be a huge loss to us with his ability to pick up on 45s that others catch onto a couple of years down the line. Who knows maybe a couple of months away & maybe he’ll miss us as much as everyones going to miss his DJ spots. A sad day mate!

Without wishing to hijack this post Martin will still be Djing @Solid Hit Soul this coming Saturday & for the foreseeable future & anybody needing details check out the events calender or give me a ring on 0797 1876661

Dave G