Soul Scene Villains

Guest Ste Brazil

Guest proudlove

I answered the comment about Clark(or Clarkie as he was known)because he never carried a sawn-off to Wigan.How do I know......because he was one of my best mates.....why did I reply.....because,as he died last year he is not here to put the record straight,thats all,maybe there was a buzz going round,but like a lot of amphetamine fueled talk,not true.

Steve.

Social source share

I answered the comment about Clark(or Clarkie as he was known)because he never carried a sawn-off to Wigan.How do I know......because he was one of my best mates.....why did I reply.....because,as he died last year he is not here to put the record straight,thats all,maybe there was a buzz going round,but like a lot of amphetamine fueled talk,not true.

Steve.

Sorry to hear that and given the circumstances wish I hadn't said owt.

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Guest proudlove

Hi Shelley,Clarkie was always in and around Manchester and Stockport,when Liz (his wife) was alive they lived in Adswood.

Steve.

Social source share

Easy Tiger, just reminiscing. I didn't say I witnessed the event but I do remember the night at Wigan when the sawn off story was buzzing around the club.

I know someone who took a sawn off to an allnigher - not Wigan and not a venue that would be the first one on the list of dodgy nighers...

Edited by a8drewson
Social source share

Steve.

Steve, I'll PM you.

Edited by a8drewson
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest manusf3a

got his come up ense (is that right? ) at cleethorpes from a nasty piece of work from corby (mate of wilky's) called snotty cain (yep thats his name).......larry picked on one fella to many and paid the price

Terry was thinking about Snotty r.i.p today and I remember one of the occasions when he showed his toughness mental and physical .He was wanted by the old bill for something or other and had been staying with me and my missus early eighties,which him and his girlfriend of the time used to do fairly often.Mick and an unkonwn other had been out and had done a chemist somewhere localy,apparently because of where the box was ,stuck up in the corner in such a way you couldnt get purchase in the normal way with jemmies they had to open it from the bottom upwards and it had taken ages to do.It had gotten light and it was now sunday morning when they eventually got the cabinet open.They had heard a door open some one had opened the front door of the chemist with a key and had come into the shop . Snottys mate had said lets fu ket offski but Mick had replied with ",No we havent got all the gear yet take that and go handing his mate a bag with what they had already removed ",Ill get the rest.By the time the bloke reached the dispensary Snotty said his mate had gone out the back and was waiting,he said hed made up his mind he wasnt leaving till he had got every bit of gear from the cabinet.The bloke was carrying a spade with him and he threatened Mick with it,Mick then told him he wasnt going to argue he was just going to get his gear and go and continued to fill the other bag he had .Apparently the bloke was taken aback by this and started looking round according to snotty for his gear which he said he thought meant a coat or jacket and therefore before he knew what was happening Snotty had finished emptying the dda got what he wanted and was waliking towards the jemmied open set of doors at the back of the dispensay .This do gooder have a go type bloke then swung the spade with loads of force at mick as he was waliking away hitting him on the shoulder and arm apparently shouting something along the lines of "you are staying here till I get the police".Snotty just turned round and he said he told av a go ero to watch it or he would get angry as all he wanted was to go away with his gear,turned round and continued on his way.Spade wielder must have decided well Ive whacked him hard as hell from behind with me spade and it just seems to have wound him up I am not messing with him,anyway he didnt make any attempt to pursue.Some time later Snotty arrives at my house ,his arm is bent at a mad angle from his shoulder its dislocated to hell,what does Snotty do,he wants me to help him pull it back into shape.I have never done anything like this before but what the hell mIck aint going to no hospital if he does next stop Bedford on remand,hes already wanted and he says the shovel man has seen him so close up and clearly theres no doubt he will id him.(which he later did)so we got on with the task,it took ages and many attempts but eventually his shoulder popped back into place and it must have hurt like hell but he was calm all through just saying all right that didnt work ,lets pull on it this way etc.To my mind thats bloody tough.Some weeks down the line Snotty eventually got caught for trying to break into boots in kettering where another pal of mine tried to ,cough ahem talk him down of the roof,he admitted to the one with the shovel attacker as he said the Id was to good for him to argue.It wasnt all that long after he got out from being sentenced for that little spree that Mick died ,everyone that knew Snotty as a mate knows that he would do anything for you and had a really good heart the man was so generous to people and helped out so many folk had a wicked sense of humour and would spend ages sitting up laughing about things all this complimented his toughness.Ive got memories about things we got up to way before I started going to all nighters about things we had done especially with two other lads one well known on the scene Keith Harpur and our other pal the well liked and much respected George Mckimmie r.i.p.Snotty and George see you on the other side. Edited by manusf3a
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!