I'm The One Alone

Hi there,

i have a comp' cd without a track listing, and wondered if anyone could help with details of a song that starts with the lyrics....."i'm the one alone"......later on with the line"she's not there"...it also has a great hammond organ riff in it,

hope this isn't too confusing to jog someones memory,

cheers,

Carl.

Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest in town Mikey

Defo the Oxford Knights.

If you are thinking of buying, beware there are a few moody ones knocking about.

The original is stamped "music city" and has 25 and a "B" in a circle scratched in on both sides, plus DL-0016-B on the ISALO side, and DL-0016-A on the flip.

Social source share

doesn't start with quite the line you mention soulster but does contain a great hammond riff and the line 'she's not there' at the end

have a listen, here's a scan too

been the subject of some controversy - not everyone likes it but i think it's one of the best northern soul records ever (as opposed to pure 'soul')

hope it's what you're after :wicked:

dan

post-118-1128425472_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dan
Social source share

was up to a 800 quid but coming down a bit now

should be easier than that, more like 500 quid or maybe even less

think as mikey says moody ones are about so be sure to get a proper one

also a record i think will start to go back up in value as don't believe there are that many still to come if what i'm told is true. but who knows?!

Social source share

was up to a 800 quid but coming down a bit now

should be easier than that, more like 500 quid or maybe even less

think as mikey says moody ones are about so be sure to get a proper one

also a record i think will start to go back up in value as don't believe there are that many still to come if what i'm told is true. but who knows?!

Does any one know where the "moody" ones come from, i've seen people saying about 'lilpedler' but a very reliable source tells me these came from the 'lable owner' just because a rare record turns up people will say there just been pressed.... I mean whats the chances of a 25 count box turning up in tthe USA :thumbsup:

I bought one of lilpedler and its 100% original :thumbsup: and totaly agree with you Dan out and out northern dancer :thumbsup:

Social source share

Does any one know where the "moody" ones come from, i've seen people saying about 'lilpedler' but a very reliable source tells me these came from the 'lable owner' just because a rare record turns up people will say there just been pressed.... I mean whats the chances of a 25 count box turning up in tthe USA :(

I bought one of lilpedler and its 100% original :( and totaly agree with you Dan out and out northern dancer :(

actually baz that's a good question!

it's just one of those things that is 'known' but if you actually ask me how it's 'known' i not sure i can answer it!

i think some did turn up without the identifying numbers mike gibbs mentions etc but i can't remember who/when/where etc!

mikey? help?

Social source share

actually baz that's a good question!

it's just one of those things that is 'known' but if you actually ask me how it's 'known' i not sure i can answer it!

i think some did turn up without the identifying numbers mike gibbs mentions etc but i can't remember who/when/where etc!

mikey? help?

Like i said rumours can start of quite easy, till i see one of the offending disks or hear of some one with one then i will stick with my instincs and say its not been booted, though im proberly wrong :(

Social source share

Like i said rumours can start of quite easy, till i see one of the offending disks or hear of some one with one then i will stick with my instincs and say its not been booted, though im proberly wrong :(

The boots have a shiny label, originals dull black (or is it other way round, sure i'm right with first comment lol). A mate was offered the boots (or some) a few years ago.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

The boots have a shiny label, originals dull black (or is it other way round, sure i'm right with first comment lol). A mate was offered the boots (or some) a few years ago.

Cheers Chalky, was allways very doubt full that the boots came from lilpedler seen it said a few times on here, thats why i questioned it :(

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I have no ideas where the boots are alleged to have come from.

I was just asked to pass on sone info on the original by a respected collector and that's all I did. I still had his email so I thought I would add that to this thread because it is till relevant for anyone looking to buy.

great tune IMO.

Social source share

at risk of spoiling 'I'm Such A Lonely One' for those of you who haven't seen the band before, here they are (out of The Heeey Baby Days Of Beach Music, an excellent book with a shit title)

Christian H, look away....now

post-118-1128547071_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

at risk of spoiling 'I'm Such A Lonely One' for those of you who haven't seen the band before, here they are (out of The Heeey Baby Days Of Beach Music, an excellent book with a shit title)

I can See Christian getting a fair few similar Xmas cards. :D

Social source share

Have you got this book Dan? If so where from? Registered for a copy when the author joined the RSF but heard nowt since.

Social source share

Hi there,

i have a comp' cd without a track listing, and wondered if anyone could help with details of a song that starts with the lyrics....."i'm the one alone"......later on with the line"she's not there"...it also has a great hammond organ riff in it,

hope this isn't too confusing to jog someones memory,

cheers,

Carl.

I managed to secure the copy on John Manships Auction. Thanksn all for the help!

Carl
:D

Social source share

Have you got this book Dan? If so where from? Registered for a copy when the author joined the RSF but heard nowt since.

hi chalky

no to be honest, it's not out yet I don't think, just thought i'd better plug it if i was using the photo. like you i'm on the list for a copy, out this year sometime. lots of the pics etc on the web here https://www.heybabydays.com

dan

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!