• Replies 61
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Yes! At Last

The infamous 'Leeds Central' Returns!

AND in the original venue that hosted, at that time, the longest running Soul club in the UK,

now renamed 'HiFi', 2 Central Road, Leeds LS1 6DE

This event takes place exactly 40 years since the 'Leeds Central' started to play Northern Soul (1971), so this reunion also serves as the 40th anniversary.

We have managed to get 6 of the original DJs from the 'Central';

Paul Rowan (not on flyer, late addition)

Tony Jackson

Rick Cooper

Dennis Billingham

Chris Mallows

and Steve Luigi

All of the above DJ'd at the club at various times.

with the possibility of more original DJs to be confirmed.

This is going to be a priceless trip back to the days when Northern Soul was at it's peak.

The 'Leeds Central' ran for 14 years from 1969 to 1983 and was the mainstay of the Yorkshire soulies diet.

Many well known Northern DJs cut their teeth at the 'Central',

and some of the biggest sounds made their debut at the club.

This is going to be an afternoon event on Sunday May 1st, the day before 'Mayday bank holiday Monday'.

The event will start at 1pm and end at 7pm that Evening.

You can expect to hear nothing but the best sounds from the 'Central' era, in the superb venue where the 'Central' atmosphere still hangs in the walls. The venue is superbly decorated with a top class sound system, wooden dance floor and fabulous decor.

This may be your only chance to experience one of the best loved, original venues in the UK,

So DO NOT MISS!!

Admission only £6 on the door.

*Dig out your original membership card for half price admission*

Edited by steveluigi

Massive announcement!!

Thanks to Malc Burton who has put me in touch, we have now able to add to the lineup 'Paul Rowan'.

Paul kept me on the phone for over an hour today until I ran out of credit LOL! chatting about the days

of the Central and the people that used to go and who he knew back then,and believe me he hasn't

changed a bit, he can talk for England.

So Brilliant news, we have now added another Original 'Central' DJ to the lineup. 'Paul Rowan'

I will be receiving the tickets, flyers and posters for the 'Leeds Central Reunion' at the end of this week hopefully.

I will post the online ticket sales link on here on Facebook and on the event pages as soon as it is all sorted, hopefully by the weekend.

Please note there will only be 250 tickets on sale and 150ish places to pay on the door, so don't delay!

Also as mentioned above, anyone that has an original membership card have 2 options

1- Buy a ticket to guarantee entry

2 - Wait and pay on the door for half price entry but get there early.

There is no other way around this unfortunately as many people are asking me to put tickets on sale.

Tickets now on sale!!

Here is the ticket link for the Leeds Central Reunion tickets.

Leeds Central Reunion Tickets

Although you will end up paying a little more for a ticket, you are guaranteed entry whereas waiting and paying on the door you are not.

I suggest anyone who has an original membership card, get in touch with me for a half price ticket on proof of possession of card.

HI STEVE,

I WILL BE COMING, SO IF I ARRIVE WITH ALL FOUR OF MY MEMBERSHIP CARDS, AND REVERSE THINKING IS APPLIED, DO YOU PAY ME SIX POUNDS JUST FOR TURNING UP????:ohmy:yes.gif:thumbsup::yes:

ROY

HI STEVE,

I WILL BE COMING, SO IF I ARRIVE WITH ALL FOUR OF MY MEMBERSHIP CARDS, AND REVERSE THINKING IS APPLIED, DO YOU PAY ME SIX POUNDS JUST FOR TURNING UP????:ohmy:yes.gif:thumbsup::yes:

ROY

Heheh!! does the word 'Bollocks' mean anything to you?? LOL!!!

Roy, got the flyers now matey, can you send me a pm with your addy please, or we can arrange to meet up somewhere?

Steve

Edited by steveluigi
Guest topcatnumpty1

yeh just finished texting Mr.Dillon ----he,s on a night shift as well ---Whitelocks at 12 noon for the Bradford contingent

BRING IT ON !!!!

T.C. and Rani

Guest miss nancy

Its not too late, get in touch with Steve Luigi on here & he'll put you tickets on the door in your name to be paid for on the day.

Thanks, will do.

Guest Ste Brazil

Well it looks like i'm coming on my own so far as my old / usual bunch of mates are boring feckers these days...oh well, i'm sure i will know plenty of people, looking forward to it!

Ste. :yes:

definitely coming but left it too late to buy tickets, hope I get in :thumbsup:

I haven't got a ticket either Nancy sad.gifbut if we bring our camera's & t.v crew I'm sure Steve will let us in, I hope he will anyway wink.gif

Steve - if there's any tickets left please will you save two for me & Nancy biggrin.gif x

Well it looks like i'm coming on my own so far as my old / usual bunch of mates are boring feckers these days...oh well, i'm sure i will know plenty of people, looking forward to it!

Ste. :thumbsup:

I'm one of those Ste, but I won't be a boring fecker as I'm coming out to play on Sunday thumbup.gif

See you in Church mate wink.gif x

I'm one of those Ste, but I won't be a boring fecker as I'm coming out to play on Sunday thumbup.gif

See you in Church mate wink.gif x

If you do not know him already , make sure that I introduce you to Paul Rowan on Sunday Alison : you will get on like a house on fire .

Malc

MORE BRILLIANT NEWS!!!!!!

I have been in touch with the mighty 'TWINK' and I have pursueded him to come and play out with us on Sunday, he's travelling all the way from London to attend the reunion.

This just gets better!!!

Exellent news Steve , but guuting for Rowan ........ he thinks he is the one who will have travelled the furthest to the reunion :hypocrite:

Malc