Fairways Lodge N Leisure Club Prestwich

Well its number two in the series at FAIRWAYS LODGE and LEISURE CLUB, PRESTWICH, George st. off Bury New rd. Manchester M25 9WS .

Held in an intimate room where 125 is a packer the first event was a great intro to this venue formerly known as the Village. Harry Grundy our special guest on the night could hardly believe the freedom he had on the decks, unfortunately Has cant make it this time and a good friend of mine NIGE BROWN steps up, more than happy to have you there Nige.

Rooms are available at £45 per double inc. full English breakfast ( Bril) and free use of steam room, jacuzzi, sauna, squash, fully equipped gym and aerobic studio. Restaurant is also available with sky sports screen.

As people arrived in the afternoon and were still there on Sunday it had the feel of a weekender. Add. is £5 and if taking a room you must reserve entry on 01282 613020 , we tried to sell tickets last time but folks just turned up on the night, so in the words of a flyer Ginger once had done Doors shut once full, and I know more people have shown an interest this time. I will be on Has's radio show Right Track radio, on Sunday 17 April. Dj's as well as Nige are myself Roman ( used to do the WOODTHORPE up the rd.) Billy Foster (Keirby Park, Burnley) Robbie England ( Rolls Royce, Barnoldswick) Roy Stewart (Padiham town hall, and Muni.) and Steve Lawson.

Hotel and rooms 01617981907 www.fairwayslodge.co.uk

Good luck Roman. ps. Because the venue demands it the music policy is completely ATB from 6ts n 7ts underplayed to modern and throw in some quality classics.

Edited by northernhearts
  • Replies 24
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi Carms, be great to see you there, hope everything goes to plan, radio show details are THE RIGHT TRACK soul show, Sundays 8pm til 10pm Salford city radio or listen via the web www.salfordcityradio.org we are on the programme Sunday the 17th April, also its good news that Nige Brown is coming in to do a set, Nige is a late addition so isnt on the first issue flyer(i suppose you could call it a demo) which is currently up on flyer gallery. Wonder in years to come which will be worth more Demo/first issue or 2nd issue with Nige's name added, which way to the flyer convention, Roman

Wow ! Yes Roman... lovely to be asked to help out bro!!

And just near to me Manc Penthhouse Drum too laugh.gif

Wont be bringing any really obvoius Northern either,,:wicked: ,,, and chance to open me modern / crossover box me thinks and a chance to play me Lil Major Williams etc !

Its a Lovely Little Hotel,,,, id Say Prestwich s best kept secret,, just behinf the Golf Club,, in a really nice setting

It has a small balcony overlooking an out side area covered with Giant Parrasols ,,, really nice venue!!

Its a lovely place for Summer Evening Drinks!!:yes:

If we wernt,,, near wed deffo be staying,,,, stayed there a few times when Terry D ran the Longfield Suite up the Road a few years ago!1

Hes to a great night of Soul Music thumbsup.gif

Nige

Roman, I did'nt know about the Golf Course. I better keep it quiet otherwise my lads will want to tag along for a round.

Sounds like we better arrive early for this one as appears to be gaining a lot of interest..........Across the Board seems to be really in Vogue at the moment.

Guest Roy Stewart

Lots of interest on [dare I say it? - Facebook ] for this one.. looks like it'll be another good night - great company and all round cool trax!!..wink.gif

Guest Roy Stewart

Sorry was not able to hear yah on the radio Roman mate.. was wiped out after an early MORNING [9am til 12 PM ] gig for HELP FOR HERO's in Burnley - how'd it go mate??hatsoff2.gif

Well done on Help for Heroes Roy, the Salford city radio show went well, tunes like Sir Wales Wallace "whatever you want" Joe Douglas "crazy things", Vivian Copeland "chaos in my heart" and just coz of the bent pin i am "get your kicks" Mitch Ryder, might even do that on saturday at Fairways, see you on saturday Roy.

Cheeky chops :no: I found a great picture downloaded it at work , then up loaded it and it was tiny ? ..then three calls came in ...at 5.20 ! One of which was someone that goes round the houses , park , citly , county .... get the picture :lol: and I just disconnected ... they have a website so why am I worrying ?................... Its Easter , the working day is over CHILL :lol:

Oh yes

https://www.fairwayslodge.co.uk/