Manship Auction - The Bit I Don't Get

Curtis Anderson - The Hardest Part - Brown Bag on 7" is now £200 + with 8 days remaining. Thats an 80s record that I'm sure charted in Echoes. There must be loads of these about.

I was fairly shocked when I saw Sam selling Pressure for £100 on 7" but thats still very much in demand. Haven't heard Curtis Anderson played out for ages. Although its a good tune.

For the above 2 records, are the 7" versions worth a lot more than the 12" versions?

Col.

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Curtis Anderson - The Hardest Part - Brown Bag on 7" is now £200 + with 8 days remaining. Thats an 80s record that I'm sure charted in Echoes. There must be loads of these about.

I was fairly shocked when I saw Sam selling Pressure for £100 on 7" but thats still very much in demand. Haven't heard Curtis Anderson played out for ages. Although its a good tune.

For the above 2 records, are the 7" versions worth a lot more than the 12" versions?

Col.

for the most part 7's seem to be more expensive than the 12's probably that they normally have differing mixes or they are slightly longer so less dancefloor friendly.

mark

Social source share

Col.

Curtis Anderson up until a few months ago was a very expensive record.Someone found a box of them in the States and has been selling them on ebay,last one I saw still fetched £400ish.Though the last few probably went for less.Sure someone on here can tell us.

As for the 7" being worth more than 12"'s.even if the 12's are rarer than the 7's,the 7's still go for more!

The 7" is the holy grail :thumbsup:

Pete

Social source share

Curtis Anderson up until a few months ago was a very expensive record.Someone found a box of them in the States and has been selling them on ebay,last one I saw still fetched £400ish.Though the last few probably went for less.Sure someone on here can tell us.

As for the 7" being worth more than 12"'s.even if the 12's are rarer than the 7's,the 7's still go for more!

Pete

Think the last dozen or so been around the 600/650 dollar mark.

Social source share

Pete

The 12" of Curtis Anderson is a 're-issue' it was never available as a 12" on original release

Social source share

The 12" of Curtis Anderson is a 're-issue' it was never available as a 12" on original release

Curtis Anderson, Brown Bag release was actually given away to a few deejays of the time

(late 1988 if I remember rightly) The record dealers were from Middlesborough , I received my free copy at Southport .However the hundreds that they had expected never turned up . As for the label damage that Manship describes, I've never seen that on a copy of this record ever.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!