Anybody Have A Year Fro These

Does anybody know when these were released?Nothing on label:::

Be my baby-Azel Taylor on Thunder 12".

(Tried asking on another forum,didn`t get any joy so let`s see how we do on here)

It wasn`t a lie/Lover man-Topaz on Toxsan 7".

Operator-Toby King on Deesu records 7".

(It`s on another label:Cotton,dunno which label came out first)

Crying-Darryl Carter on Perception 7".

A-side is:Never forget where you came from.

I`ll just walk away/i wish-Delilah Moore on Money 7".

Clock is ticking :ohmy:

Edited by Hammersoul
Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Does anybody know when these were released?Nothing on label:::

Be my baby-Azel Taylor on Thunder 12".

(Tried asking on another forum,didn`t get any joy so let`s see how we do on here)

It wasn`t a lie/Lover man-Topaz on Toxsan 7".

Operator-Toby King on Deesu records 7".

(It`s on another label:Cotton,dunno which label came out first)

Crying-Darryl Carter on Perception 7".

A-side is:Never forget where you came from.

I`ll just walk away/i wish-Delilah Moore on Money 7".

Clock is ticking :rolleyes:

Heyup Wayne.........does it matter or have you suddenly turned into a GEEK!:sweatingbullets:

Worst thought .....your gonna turn into a smash and nicey dj and start talking up the records as and when you spin em :)

Social source share

Azel Taylor is 1988 and it is just "Be baby"

Are you completly sure on this, as i think it might be later and I cant remember it being reviewed or played at that time. The the earliest i saw it was on sales lists by Record Corner where i was a regular visitor. There were also Record Corner and John Doe adverts for it in issue 17 of voices which was in 1991. It was also in the last batch of new release 12"s I bought before I gave up buying the last time and that was early 1992. Maybe it was recorded earlier and was only availiable to a select few before more were found and made more available?

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

Heyup Wayne.........does it matter or have you suddenly turned into a GEEK!:wave:

Worst thought .....your gonna turn into a smash and nicey dj and start talking up the records as and when you spin em :yes:

Hi Nev...

Yes it does seem that way :D .I always said i`d stop buying records if i became that :lol::thumbsup: .

To be honest i`m trying to slow down buying so thought i`d give meself a project to take me mind off buying,,,It`s not working :wave:

Hope your well fella.

Social source share

Are you completly sure on this, as i think it might be later and I cant remember it being reviewed or played at that time. The the earliest i saw it was on sales lists by Record Corner where i was a regular visitor. There were also Record Corner and John Doe adverts for it in issue 17 of voices which was in 1991. It was also in the last batch of new release 12"s I bought before I gave up buying the last time and that was early 1992. Maybe it was recorded earlier and was only availiable to a select few before more were found and made more available?

Maybe some of the dealers can verify this John,i must admit i thought it sounded early 90`s but has that late 80`s sound has well.I had Dave Thorley down for the answer on this one :thumbsup:

Social source share

Good to see you were first out of the stocks :D:lol:

Ok guys well done,i`ll give you all a pass+ for that :thumbsup: .

Just need to know year for this: It wasn`t a lie/Lover man-Topaz on Toxsan 7".

1970 for Topaz per R & B Indies.

Social source share

John Reed wrote

Not completely sure but my copy is on a gold 12" (which i can't get my hands on without going thru loads of boxes) i think i've seen it also on red copy but 1988 comes to mind that's all.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!