Us Or Uk Demos

shute

hello mate thanks for the sales list , was that one of those new miniature videos with the sounds on it ? im waiting till i see my daughter to advise me how to work it .. andy

Thought you'd prefer the 'retro medium'.

I'll send a reel to reel next time... :lol:

Social source share

• Replies 55
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Now there's a great idea. :lol:

All those who posted on here in favour about prefering ORIGINAL 60s U.S. demos above ORIGINAL 60s U.K. ones - would you step forward with any U.K. goods that you possess and offer them up for a straight swap for the U.S. equivalent...or would price and rarity prevent you from sticking to your principles... :lol::lol:

Made sure the words ORIGINAL 60s is big and bold so we don't get innudated with offers of Grapevine labels et al............. :lol::wub:

My principles of collecting US records stopped me buying any re-issues (most of em)...sorry UK releases :wub:

Social source share

My principles of collecting US records stopped me buying any re-issues (most of em)...sorry UK releases :lol:

So are you saying you have NO original 60s U.K. issues or demos.? (I'm sticking with 60s for reason stated earlier :lol: )

If you do have ANY - are you offering them up for a straight U.S. / U.K.swap???? :lol:

Thought not............... :lol:

:wub:

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Just to add my 'alfpenny's worth to this............Imagine this - a load of old blokes in pinstriped suits sitting at the weekly release meetings at EMI during the period of 1964-66.. The conversation goes something like this:

Bloke 1: I say, what shall we release this week that's sure to be Top 10 Pick of the Pops...

Bloke 2: I know........Sammy Ambrose and Ruby Winters.........

Bloke 1: Oh yes, they should be surefire hits........

Bloke 2: Fancy lunch at the Garrick, old bean????????

How on earth did they arrive at those selections :yes: .................obscure back in the day but even rarer now. Did they have a giant hat that they randomly picked US releases/ titles out of, that they held the licenses for????????? Oh, to have been a fly on that board room wall :D

So are you saying you have
NO
original 60s U.K. issues or demos.? (I'm sticking with 60s for reason stated earlier
:D
)

If you do have ANY - are you offering them up for a straight U.S. / U.K.swap????
:thumbsup:

Thought not...............
:yes:

:D

Edited by vinylvixen
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!