2011-10-21: Scarborough Northern And Rare Soul Weekender

Event Title: SCARBOROUGH NORTHERN AND RARE SOUL WEEKENDER

Event Author: Naughty Boy

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Fri 21 October 2011

-------------------------------------------------

AFTER THE MASSIVE SUCCESS OF OCTOBER 2010 THE NEXT SCARBOROUGH NORTHERN AND RARE SOUL WEEKENDER -held in the NEWLY REFURBED grand hall- 2 ROOMS - £30 WEEKEND PASS AVAILBLE ONLINE WWW.SCARBOROUGHSOUL.COM

With PAT BRADY, ROB WICKS, ROB WIGLEY, BRIDGEy,YOCKIE,RICHARD CRYER , YORK SOUL CLUB, PLUS MANY MORE TO BE added

Also for the venue we have a couple of sat nigh sessions booked watch out for details in soul nights plusin 2012 the easter weekender

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

Edited by Naughty Boy
  • 4 weeks later...

Event Title: SCARBOROUGH NORTHERN AND RARE SOUL WEEKENDER

Event Author: Naughty Boy

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Fri 21 October 2011

-------------------------------------------------

AFTER THE MASSIVE SUCCESS OF OCTOBER 2010 THE NEXT SCARBOROUGH NORTHERN AND RARE SOUL WEEKENDER -held in the NEWLY REFURBED grand hall- 2 ROOMS - £30 WEEKEND PASS AVAILBLE ONLINE WWW.SCARBOROUGHSOUL.COM

With PAT BRADY, ROB WICKS, ROB WIGLEY, BRIDGEy,YOCKIE,RICHARD CRYER , YORK SOUL CLUB, PLUS MANY MORE TO BE added

Also for the venue we have a couple of sat nigh sessions booked watch out for details in soul nights

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

Further to this weekender .... a few Sat nights to be added this year plus 2012 onwards plus a big event in the spring of 2012.

will be here before you know it,,,,,just about the best do of the year, will be stopping 3 nights this year.

Yes it is good Ash but we have the support of the Scarborough Clubs , Jocko , Jinksy, Dukesy, Russ (sprout) and Mick B plus the york and hull clubs. But then you've not done Brid yet Ashy :thumbsup:

:unsure:

Edited by Naughty Boy
  • 3 weeks later...

Thoroughly enjoyed last years, even tho i put my back out on the saturday night! Refurb looks good - bigger & better this year! Marked on the calender, and time off work booked!

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok just about getting over Bridlington and now looking forward to our move North up the coast to Scarboroughthumbsup.gif

We are once again at the fabulous Spa Pavilion on the South Cliff side of Scarborough, the Grand Ballroom has just undergone an Eight Million £ refurbishment

including the re-laying of the main ballroom floor.

TICKETS FOR THIS EVENT ARE LIMITED-FIRST COME FIRST SERVED Priced at just £30.00 each

Now in THREE FANTASTIC ROOMS, Main Floor Classic Northern Sounds made for dancing-treat your feet to the sound of the beatX

Rare and underplayed room with your hosts THE YORK SOUL CLUB

New for 2011 MODERN ROOM-

TICKET HOTLINE 01723 357 869 or see the DJs most have tickets for sale

NYSC

thumbsup.gifjust had my first look at the refurbishment on the Grand Hall-FANTASTIC ! the layout to the North side of the Spa is great , so we have decided to keep all entertainment based in this side of the building-the previous event blocking the date has been moved into the South wing which leaves us free to enjoy the North side exclusively in 3 new arenas not available in 2010.

I could not take photos because of a rehearsal happening in there today, but look out for more stuff on the net.

Rob

thumbsup.gifjust had my first look at the refurbishment on the Grand Hall-FANTASTIC ! the layout to the North side of the Spa is great , so we have decided to keep all entertainment based in this side of the building-the previous event blocking the date has been moved into the South wing which leaves us free to enjoy the North side exclusively in 3 new arenas not available in 2010.

I could not take photos because of a rehearsal happening in there today, but look out for more stuff on the net.

Rob

Aint it just, im told the sound system is good too :)

• Helpful 1

Ayup Rob,

Last year the Spa kept the lift open each night for 30 mins after the venue finished. I've been asked will it be the same this year? I have said "Yes", hope I'm right?

The cost was 70p one way, £1 return or a weekend pass at £3 to use the lift as much as you like. Thought this was serious value for money and saving on taxis.

Bridgey

PS; I will bell you, I need more tickets urgent before they all go.

Guest hurryup

The photo's of the new Ballroom at the Scarboro' Spa is looking absolutely brilliant in the local paper.

Any chance of a link so we can see the new ballroom and can you tell us what the capacity is?

Anybody else need tickets for Scarborough to sell who I've missed !! ??

Posting re-fills for sellers out this week. :thumbsup:

If you need to buy in person the following have tickets available

Modern side terry gee now has tickets in Darlington, Chris Shaw -Mansfield area, Kev Bourne Soul in all areas web site -both Scarborough and Brid 2012 tickets back in stock ! Karen wakefield--more to follow

Rob

Anybody else need tickets for Scarborough to sell who I've missed !! ??

Posting re-fills for sellers out this week. :thumbsup:

If you need to buy in person the following have tickets available

Modern side terry gee now has tickets in Darlington, Chris Shaw -Mansfield area, Kev Bourne Soul in all areas web site -both Scarborough and Brid 2012 tickets back in stock ! Karen wakefield--more to follow

Rob

Thanks Rob tickets now on sale for Brid & Scarborough @ https://www.freewebs.com/soulinthehind/apps/webstore/products/category/300784?page=1

Kev

• Helpful 1

Will be at the Clarendon in Hinkley for Soul Sam's 70th birthday bash tomorrow night if anyone wants to buy their Scarborough tickets directly.

Will also have tickets for next years Bridlington weekender. Might seem early but the weekend sold out this year & I also sold out of tickets personally so best to be sure & get them early methinks :yes:

Spa Lift - Information

I have spoken to the management at the Spa and they have "Confirmed" that the lift will be operating just like last year, throughout the whole weekend and will stay open for 30 minutes after the venue finishes each night to enable anyone who is staying above at the South side of Scarborough to get you back to the top.

I'm not 100%, but I think the lift holds about 20 (ish) people... :g: Hope someone can put me right on the lift numbers.... :thumbsup:

I didn't bother asking how much it will be this year, because last year it was so cheap it wasn't worth taking about.... :lol:

Last year.....

One Way - 70p.

Return - £1

Weekend Pass - £3

Cheap as chips.... :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

Getting back to this now the Bank Holiday is out of the way, just had another batch of tickets in from the boss at the Spa and all looking great for the 2nd Scarborough Spa weekender. Just a reminder that we are in 3 rooms this year, Main Ballroom -Totally Northern Soul, Room two York Soul Club presents "Rare and Underplayed" and this year is addition of the the Modern Room featuring Boss Sounds from the decades 1970's to 2011 & beyond present floor fillers !

The buzz throughout the North and beyond is fantastic, wonderful fully refurbished venue on the North side of the Spa Complex, tons of cheap accommodation available very close, including a new Premier Inn or the more traditional hotels that were built in the Victorian/ Edwardian era on the cliffs above the Spa.

These accessible by the Cliff lift directly into the venue ! Will give a list of tickets sellers who are out and about later and the ones on here.

Scarborough and the surrounding North Yorkshire Moors make a brilliant place to visit in the Autumn and combined with terrific soul music makes for the perfect weekend away with a healthy helping of Soul thrown in !

more later....tickets just £30 for the whole weekend !

Rob for NYSC

• Helpful 1

¹Fabulous time at Sweet Soul last night and a great response to the Scarborough flyers and spot !

Tickets are available from myself or Rob Wicks (naughty boy) on here, Dukesy , Chris Shaw, Bridgey, Martin Dixon (Nuneaton) , Terry Gee,

Karen Wakefield , Kev Bourne at Soulandnorth

Scarborough @ https://www.freewebs....y/300784?page=1

For credit card bookings ring 01723 357 869

approx 2/3rds of tickets now SOLD, masive support coming in after atempts to "Diss" this event !!LOL

Tickets priced at just £30 for the whole weekend.

• Helpful 1