The Temptations & The Four Tops M.e.n Arena 12/11/05 Tickets

Guest stash313

Guest stash313

Hi guys,

gonna be a top one this.

THE TEMPTATIONS & THE FOUR TOPS

MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS ARENA - SAT 12TH NOVEMBER 2005 7.30pm - doors 6.30pm

THE TEMPTATIONS are: G.C CAMERON, OTIS WILLIAMS, TERRY WEEKS, RON TYSON & JOE HERNDON.

THE FOUR TOPS are: ABDUL 'DUKE' FAKIR, RONNIE MCNEIR, THEO PEOPLES & ROQUEL PAYTON (Lawrence Payton's son)

The Temptations are currently in the studio recording their 61st album and first away from Motown since their ill-fated Atlantic albums of the late 1970's. Their next recording will be entitled Reflections and released on the Universal Music Enterprises label.

The Four Tops now spearheaded with original member Abdul 'DUKE' Fakir after the death this summer of Obie Benson and the retirement of Levi Stubbs now consist of Theo Peoples, Ronnie Mcneir and Lawrence Payton's son Roquel.

I have two tickets available for the upper tier of block 207 which are available at face value.

I no longer need these tickets and aren't looking for profit but just want to recoup the price I paid.

They are priced at £27 each £54 for the pair plus postage.

If interested or for more info e: livesey1@hotmail.com or PM me.

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 15
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest stash313

Surely its time they packed it in, or at least advertised this event for what it is....."One Temptation and a Top"

Nah I don't think so. :lol:

Social source share

Surely its time they packed it in, or at least advertised this event for what it is....."One Temptation and a Top"

Too right Joe, Four Tops are my all time faves but .... they are no longer the Four Tops are they ... they may be good but IMHO they will never be anywhere near as great as the original line up so why don't they advertise it as "Tribute to the Four Tops" or something along those lines

Edited by Mandy
Social source share

Guest stash313

Too right Joe, Four Tops are my all time faves but .... they are no longer the Four Tops are they ... they may be good but IMHO they will never be anywhere near as great as the original line up so why don't they advertise it as "Tribute to the Four Tops" or something along those lines

Because whatever your personal opinions on them maybe they ARE STILL the four tops. Legally in name which in the business world is all that matters.

What a lot of people seem to neglect as well is despite Lawrence Payton and Obie Benson passing away the group still performing helps to keep their families together through the money earned.

Same with Levi, although too ill to perform the Stubbs still earn money from the tops performing.

Social source share

Because whatever your personal opinions on them maybe they ARE STILL the four tops. Legally in name which in the business world is all that matters.

What a lot of people seem to neglect as well is despite Lawrence Payton and Obie Benson passing away the group still performing helps to keep their families together through the money earned.

Same with Levi, although too ill to perform the Stubbs still earn money from the tops performing.

I can understand them earning money from loyalties but as he/they are no longer part of the group how do they earn from performances???? I wouldn't be happy doing my "job" and having to forsake some of my wages to pay past employees :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest stash313

I can understand them earning money from loyalties but as he/they are no longer part of the group how do they earn from performances???? I wouldn't be happy doing my "job" and having to forsake some of my wages to pay past employees :thumbsup:

Sorry I didn't make that clear Chalky, although i don't think they earn directly from performances (although i do believe a trust fund is set up) the continued success of the group and standing in the public eye helps to keep the likes of Levi and Obie, Lawrence's families afloat etc through increased royalties etc.

Social source share

Sorry I didn't make that clear Chalky, although i don't think they earn directly from performances (although i do believe a trust fund is set up) the continued success of the group and standing in the public eye helps to keep the likes of Levi and Obie, Lawrence's families afloat etc through increased royalties etc.

continued success...have they had any in recent times :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest stash313

continued success...have they had any in recent times :rolleyes:

Depends which way you look at it.

Unlike The Temptations the Four Tops are no longer a recording act which is a real shame because with some good people behind them they could make a real go with the current line up. But they're still selling out concerts world wide which I suppose you could term as recent success.

Social source share

Depends which way you look at it.

Unlike The Temptations the Four Tops are no longer a recording act which is a real shame because with some good people behind them they could make a real go with the current line up. But they're still selling out concerts world wide which I suppose you could term as recent success.

financial is what I thought we were talking about :rolleyes: The selling out of concerts makes little difference to the daily lives of ex Four Tops members and their families...the same can be said for the Temptations.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Guest stash313

live tours certainly help sell the back catologue though.

Shane

Exactly my point Shane a group that is still touring on a full time basis and playing to packed houses is sure to have a healthier standing when it comes to selling the back catalogue as oppose to a group which no longer performs in any way or form.

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

Exactly my point Shane a group that is still touring on a full time basis and playing to packed houses is sure to have a healthier standing when it comes to selling the back catalogue as oppose to a group which no longer performs in any way or form.

i wouldnt go to one of these shows. its all a bit 'corfu cabaret' to me. i couldnt bear to be sat amongst people who usually go and see Barry Manilow and Cliff clapping their hands out of time to 'bernadette' :rolleyes:

Shane

Social source share

I would have thought that most who go to these shows would have most of the back catalogue :rolleyes:

if there was any truth in that theory you would never see the likes of the Rolling Stones, Cliff et al touring again. You have to remember that a 'greatest hits' package is released every 2 or 3 years and you can also add the merchandise revenue onto that list of returns too.

Shane

Social source share

i wouldnt go to one of these shows. its all a bit 'corfu cabaret' to me. i couldnt bear to be sat amongst people who usually go and see Barry Manilow and Cliff clapping their hands out of time to 'bernadette' :rolleyes:

Shane

I went a couple of years ago when they were last here, I can honestly say I enjoyed it immensely. The Tops for me were the best ( sorry Sean ), OK not the original lineups for either group but it didn't matter the performances were top class :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!