I'm So Close In Tracking Down The Live Act Of All Live Acts

I am so close to tracking down one of the most amazing singers ever connected to the rare soul scene in this country, it's taken me ages to get a contact and lead on this person, now i'm not even sure if this person will be interested in performing anymore but believe me i'm gonna try all i can to pull this off, i hope to have full contact by the weekend and either way i will at least speak to my hero and see how the land lies, i'll keep you all guesing but think of one of the greatest voices ever and that's clue enough at this stage, this will be a massive gig if it comes off and will be hosted in a major venue in 2006 very possibly an alldayer or a late night soul session but not an allnighter or weekender it will be a seperate event as not to clash or rival the already busy calender nor do i wish to step on anyone's toes but this act will appeal to everybody from Twisted Wheel originals through all decades of the scene, the Bettye Lavette gig i helped with a few years ago in Blackpool was one of the biggest gates on the scene for a one off gig in recent years but if this comes off it will surpass that by miles.

I only hope the news is good this weekend but even if it does go pear shaped i will still have made contact with one of the legendary performers of Black America...I'll do my best i promise...this is more than soul this is almost as good as it get's...............................more details to follow.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

• Replies 26
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I am so close to tracking down one of the most amazing singers ever connected to the rare soul scene in this country, it's taken me ages to get a contact and lead on this person, now i'm not even sure if this person will be interested in performing anymore but believe me i'm gonna try all i can to pull this off, i hope to have full contact by the weekend and either way i will at least speak to my hero and see how the land lies, i'll keep you all guesing but think of one of the greatest voices ever and that's clue enough at this stage, this will be a massive gig if it comes off and will be hosted in a major venue in 2006 very possibly an alldayer or a late night soul session but not an allnighter or weekender it will be a seperate event as not to clash or rival the already busy calender nor do i wish to step on anyone's toes but this act will appeal to everybody from Twisted Wheel originals through all decades of the scene, the Bettye Lavette gig i helped with a few years ago in Blackpool was one of the biggest gates on the scene for a one off gig in recent years but if this comes off it will surpass that by miles.

I only hope the news is good this weekend but even if it does go pear shaped i will still have made contact with one of the legendary performers of Black America...I'll do my best i promise...this is more than soul this is almost as good as it get's...............................more details to follow.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

K'innell Mark, You resurrected Darrell Banks Mate!!!

Regards,

Dave

https://www.hitsvillesoulclub.com/

Social source share

Lol.........certainly this person is up there with the names you have mentioned, well all apart from Paul Anka Kenny....lol, I really have almost got to someone so mindblowing that if it does come off it will be awesome, i should have a phone call or email over the weekend and will let you all know i promise, i think it's more down to if this performer want's to come rather than me finding them which has taken ages, this is not a wind up i promise.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I cant believe I didnt think of it before.

Oi TYLER, he's only gone and got

Rufus Bloody Lumley. YEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYsssssssss

Social source share

I'd love it to be either BUDDY LAMP, LEE ROGERS or EMANNUEL LASKEY. :(

.......... that's counting on them not having checked out already that is!

Lee Rogers is no longer with us Joan, Emanuel is but seem's like he won't come, not sure about Buddy Lamp but he would be the 'Next Best Thing'...lol sorry had to say that..........I'll let you all know as soon as possible but i'm not holding my breath, all i can say is i'm gonna ask the question and see what happens?

Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Emmanuel Laskey would be absolutely amazing.

He has so many popular songs. I cant rememebr the last time I heard one at a do tho. :(

If you can beat getting him Mark, you will have done fantastically well. :(

Edward Hamilton?

In 1985 the guy I learned to drive with was called Edward Hamilton. He was a white fella, with white hair and a taste for sharp suits. I was disappointed. I mean could you imagine somebody like say, Dean Parrish, looking like that? :(

Social source share

Emmanuel Laskey would be absolutely amazing.

He has so many popular songs. I cant rememebr the last time I heard one at a do tho. :(

If you can beat getting him Mark, you will have done fantastically well. :(

Edward Hamilton?

In 1985 the guy I learned to drive with was called Edward Hamilton. He was a white fella, with white hair and a taste for sharp suits. I was disappointed. I mean could you imagine somebody like say, Dean Parrish, looking like that? :(

Emanuel Laskey would be top of my wish list too but it seems there is a confidence or trust problem with him, some have tried to get him to come over but it never seems to happen, there must be a reason behind this which i don't think we will ever get to the bottom of, maybe it needs someone to put some hard cash and a deal on the table to get some action on this one.................i know one thing 'The Masqueraders' need to be seen by a bigger audience they were awesome!!!!

Mark Bicknell.

Social source share