Boomerang (Thorne) - Saturday 14Th May 2011

As our August date is a closed event (by request from a certain special man who will remain SHAMEless :yes: ), our next night in May is our last advertsied event until our November soul night late this year. We hope to see you there!

Our May DJ lineup includes a returning guest from our first ever night > Naughty MICK H - a man who has the sounds and soul, but still deserves a spanking (for all sorts of reasons :no: ). We are also really pleased that JORDI RIPOLLES will be joining us thumbsup.gif - a man who has been on our soul radar the whole time for his enjoyable soulful style, but never knew it. Alongside them is our regular guest ARTHUR FENN - a man who not only makes a great roadie when sober, but also always delivers the soul goods on the decks :yes: . Lastly, yours trully (co-promoter with KarenB) breaks things up a bit on the decks with her sounds.

"BOOMERANG"

Saturday 14th May 2011

Canal Tavern

South Parade & Orchard Street, Thorne (Doncaster) DN8 5DZ

8pm til 1am

£5 entry

guest DJ's

MICK H

+

ARTHUR FENN

+

JORDI RIPOLLES

+

resident

MARIA O

For directions, past playlists, accommodation & travel info, etc - please visit our website:

www.boomerangsoul.co.uk

*** VISIT THE WEBSITE FOR ACCOMODATION UPDATE (The Belmont is back) ***

m

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest soul kitten

this will be my first outing in a while and im so looking forward to it ,

i love this place and havent been for a while so really really cant wait

Not too long to go now for the next serving of the now infamous Burke's BUNN'S :):thumbsup::thumbup:

served along side a large dollop of funky soul from the West Midlands very own Jordi Ripolles yes.gif

Oh and nearly forgot some scoundrel called Mick H :hypo:

Dave

Edited by Louise

another one I'm unlikely to be able to attend sad.gif we're completely babysitter less for the foreseeable future - so I can only go out if I can get a lift...

on a plus note, I am available to fill a large space in a car if anyone is willing :rolleyes:

As usual Martin and I will be there, travelling up from the south. Our accommodation is booked and am looking forward to the usual high standard of soul music played at Boomerang; it's my favourite club as well as Chalky's. No doubt will see the usual reprobates in the dining area of the Canal Tavern before the music starts. Roll on!

Just over two weeks to go, so please don't forget to contact Karen or myself to reserve your sales table space.

Not sure if we'll get any more flyers out before then, unless you're soulin in Germany or Italy :)

...so here's a low res version, especially for those sitting down to a full dinner right now (er, that's "tea" in Yorkshire-speak) :thumbsup:

m

post-3480-0-81207000-1303929554_thumb.pn

Just over two weeks to go, so please don't forget to contact Karen or myself to reserve your sales table space.

Not sure if we'll get any more flyers out before then, unless you're soulin in Germany or Italy :thumbsup:

...so here's a low res version, especially for those sitting down to a full dinner right now (er, that's "tea" in Yorkshire-speak) :thumbsup:

m

1 table please.

Really looking forward.

Dave & Donna x

Guest Derbyshire Bint

Maria....Maria.... M-a-r-i-a,

I've just read a text by Maria :yes:

And suddenly I find how wonderful a text can be!!

(think West Side Story!!)

Anyway :D

Looking forward to this, as always and particularly to Jordi's set of tunes.

See you all on the 14th. :yes:

Vicki

Whey hey....can't wait for the next instalment of my favourite soul night. Top quality all round, people, music and cakes biggrin.gif Just hope they got the Great Heck on behind the bar again and everything will be perfect biggrin.gifbeer.gif

Now you know what the Great Heck session did to you last time..... might be a good idea to ask Kerry to keep an eye on your 200 count box... :thumbsup:

Looking forward to a great night (Great Heck would top it off nicely..), since had to miss the last couple, and hopefully Mick's not double booked himself this time :hatsoff2:

See ya all at the paaarteeee

Oh, and I'll be taking a sales box too, so a space for me too please Maria.

Edited by Wrongcrowd
Guest peter burke

Having survived last weekends shenanigans in the European city of culture, after being force fed the old Royal Wedding do with a German commentary, a good old quality night at the Canal Tavern is just what the doctor ordered.

May just try a pint or 3 of Great Heck myself to see what all the fuss is aboutthumbsup.gif

Really looking forward to hearing Mick and Jordi play to the most appreciative crowd around.

P

Guest karen b

Oooops......trying to do post from phone, and making a hash of it:((

Maria is currently on travels so I am

In charge;)))) Albeit for this weekend only!!!!

The sales tables are sorted for those

who have requested,

and as usual we shall be in the bar enjoying the great Yorkhire menu the

Tavern has to offer from sixish....

Love Karen xxx

Now you know what the Great Heck session did to you last time..... might be a good idea to ask Kerry to keep an eye on your 200 count box... :yes:

Looking forward to a great night (Great Heck would top it off nicely..), since had to miss the last couple, and hopefully Mick's not double booked himself this time :thumbsup:

See ya all at the paaarteeee

Oh, and I'll be taking a sales box too, so a space for me too please Maria.

I can't remember what the Great Heck did to me Cliff :lol::no: I'll have a word with Kerry about watching the sales box :lol::D

See you at the bar mate :yes:

Guest karen b

I can't remember what the Great Heck did to me Cliff :thumbsup::no: I'll have a word with Kerry about watching the sales box thumbsup.gif:yes:

See you at the bar mate :lol:

I'm sure Pete will be able to do a full review of Great Heck next Monday!!!!!beer.gif

watch out for it in Lookbacks.................................................................thumbsup.gif

Karen xxx

Guest ruppy

Well just a few days to go,and all hell is gonna let lose, because the madhatters Mandy & wendy are coming so karen extra muffins ,as allways a cracker of a night,hope Maria leaves here spanking gear at home ,yes.gif

as i promise to be on my best behaviorno.gif

Till sat

B Good

Mick H

Well, well, well... have I lost track of time or what!

Had an amazing time at the Rome allniter last weekend and the Bamberg Weekender in Germany the week before, still travelling up and down the country for work and then forgot Mother's Day (in Oz) last SUNDAY (guess who's still young enough for a real spanking) ... - so I'm totally ready for a 'relaxing' weekend in Yorkshire :thumbsup:

Sharon (soul kitten) tells me we're clashing with the Eurovision song contest, so if MickH's microphone suddenly disappears and he's forced to play more records than talk whilst on deck duty, it will be because they asked me for a spare :D . Jordi is really looking forward to playing some sounds for us all too :rolleyes: , and Arthur is hot after a steaming set last weekend that even had me compliment him for a change :thumbsup: . And me, well I'm just looking forward to hugging my vinyl again, so haven't decided if I'll play any sounds when I get up there (depends on the dinner wine Martin? or perhaps I should try the Hecks).

Karen and I are really looking forward to welcoming everyone on Saturday night and hope you enjoy yourselves. For those who missed it recently, I better mention that Kitch is unlikely to repeat his olympic swan dive routine, but the liquor in question has been personally ordered in quantity for the Rimini Weekender in Italy, which will include celebrations for Mick's 50th. Actually, on Saturday our flyer table will include upcoming Euro event flyers for the 10th Annual Rimini Soul Weekender (Italy) in July and the Valencia (Spain) allniter in October. Please bring along your event flyers too.

Not sure if I saw it mentioned, but the record sales tables will also include regulars Andy Dyson and Fish.

And please visit our website for directions to the venue, accomodation details, past playlists and more!

The Saturday lineup is:

06:30pm : dining room is serving food (meet and greet), pub area is open all day

then the function room opens at 8pm:

08:00pm (30min) - ARTHUR FENN

08:30pm (30min) - MARIA O

09:00pm (30min) - JORDI RIPOLLES

09:30pm (30min) - MICK H

10:00pm (45min) - MARIA O

10:45pm (45min) - JORDI RIPOLLES

11:30pm (45min) - ARTHUR FENN

12:15pm (45min) - MICK H

*** 1am CLOSE ***

...or should we then get Vicki to sing us a few bars from Westside story? :thumbsup:

We hope to see you there, nice and early!

m

Guest karen b

Andy will probably want a space and I'll be bringing a two hundred count box :thumbsup:

Dave Welding will also be plying his wares in the vinyl cavethumbsup.gif

see you therewave.gif

love Karen xx

Ooo eck - Out Friday AND Saturday! - I may bring a sales box, but I find it all so confusing...Especially being out the night before - Best check your change (If I actually sell any that is!)

Looking forward to hearing Mick play in a nice intimate venue and the rest of the team of course!

See you on the boards.

Len.

"You know when the crowd's behind you - Your facing the wrong way!"

SAT JULY 2ND SOUL @ 'THE SNOOKS' RAUNDS DJ'S LEN DOPSON, STEVE SCOTNEY AND GUESTS.

***THIS FANTASTIC NEW VENUE NEEDS TO BE SEEN***

Guest ruppy

No Probs Maria ,i have Jedwood standing in for me,so have the mic polished and ready for me tomozyes.gif

Till tomoz

B Good

Mick

Setting up much earlier than usual tonight, so whilst we're not making any promises ...we could open the doors a bit earlier and temp Mr Fenn on the decks before 8pm :thumbsup: for some supper night sounds before the official kick-off.

As mentioned above, please note that the August event this year is pre-sale ticket only. So that means that after tonight, the next 'normal' BOOMERANG night will be in November!

Anyway, sometimes things happen that just make you think:

Work hard

Play hard

and make some people happy along the way

...because you never know what tomorrow brings

Drive safely and see you later for the party :lol:

m