2011-04-02 24th Skegness weekender

• Replies 110
  • Views 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest sharmo 1

Hi Dave Me and Tina are looking forward to Skegaroony we got loads of new release funk , soul , latin, northern , modern and lovers rock / reggae including the new release from Fiona " if I follow my Heart " and the indemand Richie Stephens "Still waters runs deep ".See you all next week Simon & Tina.

Looking forward to this , I always come away from this event with an increased wants list , one of the few times I get a chance to hear Andy Riley play , in previous years I have so enjoyed his afternoon sessions where he has delighted me with many a new tune to my ears.

Bloody hell Carms!!

Be prepared for a shock ,,, Andy Riley put so much wieght on he mite be able to get behind the decks!!! :lol:

Ask Dazz McQueen,,, i saw the two of them in the record dealer room at Prestatyn discussing their favourite Meat Pies!! :D

And if ya take ya sales box Carms watch the lid!! Andy Riley has a Record Box Lid Fetish,,, he nearly had mine away several times at Prestatyn!!:ohmy:

By the way dont tell i said this he a bit of Bruce Lee on the quiet! :shhh:

Nige x

Guest rasfoz

Spot on there Billy! A fantastic line-up for the All-Nighter - looking forward to it BIG-TIME! Can't wait to catch up with you, Jon, & Rasfoz!!

Mark C :yes:

Indeed mark its been a while since the musketeers all travelled together lookforward to catching up saturday :thumbsup:

Looking forward to some east winds to add some much needed colour to my cheeks having just shaken off a virus that hitched a ride on saturday , very much looking forward to late call in on friday and a superb dayer .... my requests if anyone should have these or anything on these lines ..... Yes please :hatsoff2:

Royal Five - Five miles

Soulful Illusion - To get your love

Chanels - I got my eyes on you

Charts - Nobody made you love me

Chuck flamingo - whats my chances

Antony & the Delsonics - Every time

Bloody hell Carms!!

Be prepared for a shock ,,, Andy Riley put so much wieght on he mite be able to get behind the decks!!! :lol:

Ask Dazz McQueen,,, i saw the two of them in the record dealer room at Prestatyn discussing their favourite Meat Pies!! :lol:

And if ya take ya sales box Carms watch the lid!! Andy Riley has a Record Box Lid Fetish,,, he nearly had mine away several times at Prestatyn!!:ohmy:

By the way dont tell i said this he a bit of Bruce Lee on the quiet! :yes:

Nige x

Let me put you straight Carms. Me and Dazz were eating salad rolls at the time, I asked Dazz were you Nige was and he replied " probably in the Cafe eating his favourite pies"

The lid fetish!! I had several people ask me that day, "have you seen Nige Brown" he's looked through my records buts only wants the lid !!!!!!!!

Nige Brown (2011) "Andy can we swap lids, mine is full of burger remnants, gravy stains, and pastry droppings"

As for the Bruce Lee bit, as you know Nige I bruised my knee on the floor after picking up your pie 8-)

Looking forward to seeing you waddling down the prom mate 8 -)

PS

I managed to find you a pair of XXXXXL elasticated trousers, They are floral but should be ok!!

See you at Skeggy mate

Andy R

Edited by teacherman

I hope no one is offended however there's something special about a pre 60's decor ballroom full of prwoapa dodgy geezers with big eyes and wanting to talk shyte, plus some really ace female dancers, dj's who you could understand and understood what those attending wanted...wonderful stuff

Return? you betcha hatsoff2.gif

Guest smudgesmith

I hope no one is offended however there's something special about a pre 60's decor ballroom full of prwoapa dodgy geezers with big eyes and wanting to talk shyte, plus some really ace female dancers, dj's who you could understand and understood what those attending wanted...wonderful stuff

Return? you betcha :thumbsup:

Ya still fooked off before the bingo mush

WOW Skeggy Weekender have made history this weekend 2 venue's 4room's 1weekend :yes: and Yocky's 50th Birthday :D top soul music all the way :D THANKS Dave Donna and all the Gang, see you all for the next one :thumbsup:

soulfun and love Sam Evans

Edited by XSS
Guest belly chest

What I would like to say to you Dave, coming up to nearly 40 years on the scene ive never met a promoter with so much passion for the music as well as for the punters, it was a big gamble to do a rare and modern allnighter specially on the east coast as its known for its oldies, the new venue was superb with a new maple wooden floor which to me is rare in new venues, the music for me was excellent how rare can rare be to me well saturday night proved it. Sounds ive never heard yet up tempo all the way through i missed chalkey's spot i was told by a good source he played better stuff than he did at life line, all dj's did the business, Nigel Brown one of the well known dj's on the scene which never disappoints ive never known him to do a rare spot before, this man delivered what a record collection he got a few regular faces there spot and gale too many to mention whoever didnt go missed out on a good night, i would like to thank the Norwich crowd for putting up with my sense of humour we always have a laugh on the way back. Once again Dave thanks again for a great night. Also i love the motown cafe around the corner specially after an allnighter when you want a hot drink. Cheers billy :thumbsup:

Edited by billywhizz
Guest GazArcher

FRIDAY GOT SPEEDING TICKET...........COULDN'T WAIT TO GET THERE

SATURDAY DODGY CHINESE SPENT THE NITE (SUNDAY AM ACTUALY) HUGGING THE TOILET BOWL

SUNDAY STOMACH CRAMPS STILL FEELING ILL DRINKING ONLY WATER

BUT YOU KNOW WHAT.......................................................

STILL HAD A BLOODY BRILL WEEKEND

:rolleyes: HATS OFF THE DAVE N DONNA

THANKS TO YOCKY, EL NEL AND THE REST FOR SOME MORE GREAT MEMORIES

LUVS YOU ALL

GAZA

Edited by GazArcher
Guest yorks old boys

well the best yr yet if you missed it hard look, this was a blinder the start up was late as i did not hit the town until late on nights just held of for the first time and it payed of danced to some realy good sounds with the dance floor packed excelent dj line up a bit diffrent to the usual gang but out standing and yes the gang from preston and lancs were great company drink dance drink dance then to the darkside we went, cool music awesome sounds then the saturday nighter top notch just had a dj play oldies at the main room in the grovener then on to the centeral just missed sams spot his last two brilliant the the next set was outstanding thanks nige and also just have to thank dave and donna for a superb weekend keep them coming

Guest A WAY OF LIFE NS
:hatsoff2:Just about recovered from a non stop dancing soul weekender skeggy is one of my fav venues so many freindly regulars the soul family all as one , music was spot on ,something for everyone and the new grand central was fantastic loved the second floor brand new maple floor ,also yokys birthday celebrations and nels suprise was brilliant well done for compare dj mr steve foster introducing the one and only les yocky McKeown ,well done dave and donna for a brilliant weekend :hatsoff2:ktf.............. Edited by A WAY OF LIFE NS
Guest sharon k

Had a great weekend, thanks for asking me to dj on the saturday evening enjoyed it ! see you on the 21st for my second all-nighter x

:hatsoff2:Just about recovered from a non stop dancing soul weekender skeggy is one of my fav venues so many freindly regulars the soul family all as one , music was spot on ,something for everyone and the new grand central was fantastic loved the second floor brand new maple floor ,also yokys birthday celebrations and nels suprise was brilliant well done for compare dj mr steve foster introducing the one and only les yocky McKeown ,well done dave and donna for a brilliant weekend :hatsoff2:ktf..............

Many thanks bro for that little mention, i thoroughly enjoyed the skegg weekend which is also my favoutite weekender, i am happy that the soul people that was there enjoyed what i gave them in music & my sense of humour, i especially enjoyed sunday afternoon introducing my good friend yocky as the bay city roller Les Mckeon making his dream come true if only for fun, i would love to see the the full video with yocky actually singing if any one else has recorded it not just the one that has been put on youtube & edited.

many thanks as always go to Dave & Donna & thankyou for asking me again to be part of the DJ crew,

I also add that the Grand Central is another great part of the Skegg weekender.

Fozzie

Route 61 soul night Niagara Road Sheffield S6 1LU

Resident DJ's Steve Foster & Soulman Martin with Mr drip drop J.J Barns-ley

Guest DJ. Bridgey (York)

Fridayday 25th March 7-30 o clock till 12.30, £4.00 O.T.D.

Edited by soul guy fozzie

Many thanks bro for that little mention, i thoroughly enjoyed the skegg weekend which is also my favoutite weekender, i am happy that the soul people that was there enjoyed what i gave them in music & my sense of humour, i especially enjoyed sunday afternoon introducing my good friend yocky as the bay city roller Les Mckeon making his dream come true if only for fun, i would love to see the the full video with yocky actually singing if any one else has recorded it not just the one that has been put on youtube & edited.

many thanks as always go to Dave & Donna & thankyou for asking me again to be part of the DJ crew,

I also add that the Grand Central is another great part of the Skegg weekender.

Fozzie

Guest DJ. Bridgey (York)

Fridayday 25th March 7-30 o clock till 12.30, £4.00 O.T.D.

Hi Steve,

this link should take you to my video of Yocky singing, there is one of Nel singing on my page as well.

Sunday afternoon was a great end to a great weekend, we had to head off straight after Yocky's suprises and were still laughing when we got home.

See you next time,

Carol

Edited by Girl Dancer

Thanks for asking me to DJ Saturday night Dave, really enjoyed the nighter, hopefully one or two enjoyed what I played although I can't remember what rolleyes.gifbiggrin.gif Fantastic venue, or it will be when it is finished. Dance floor a dream, I actually danced to quite a bit ohmy.gif I had a bash at the Mello Souls but had to take a break for oxygen half way through, I must do some exercise laugh.gif Ian was sulking cause all the DJ's kept playing records for me and they wouldn't play him any laugh.gif

Donna and I would just like to say a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to each and everyone for making the 24th SKEGNESS WEEKENDER so, so SPECIAL.

After 12 years at The Grosvenor it was the NEW addition of The Grand Central venue that seemed to create a totally new dimension to the Weekender and now allows us to offer more rooms, more themes and more hours - plus the Saturday Allnighter had the Skegness Seafront bouncing with Soul of ALL styles. The next Weekender promises more of the same and with the Tamla Coffee Bar now installed within the Grand Central we can look forward to several more years of Skeggy Weekenders and all the Fun, Sun and SOUL that it brings for the fantastic crowd who make the event what it is and more....

Looking forward to seeing you out and about this Summer.

All the very best.

Dave & Donna xx

Fully Recovered from Skeggy :hatsoff2: Brilliant weekender :huh: fantastic ppl , Have met some good friends since the last one in September :lol: big thanxs to Mr Thomas for that XXXXXXX Saturday All-niter brought a few ppl to Skeggy that I wouldn`t normally see on the nighter scene so that was a bonus :lol: See you all in September hatsoff2.gif

Dave Please let Donna know that that certain job is almost done :lol::(:lol::yes::yes:biggrin.gif

Thanx Donna & Dave XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Julie xxx

Hi Steve,

this link should take you to my video of Yocky singing, there is one of Nel singing on my page as well.

Sunday afternoon was a great end to a great weekend, we had to head off straight after Yocky's suprises and were still laughing when we got home.

See you next time,

Carol

Hi Carol, many thanks for that the reason i asked for it, cos i could not see what was going on having behind the decks although i enjoyed it all, see ya soon if not it will be sept.

foozie.

Guest DJ. Bridgey (York)

Fridayday 25th March 7-30 o clock till 12.30, £4.00 O.T.D

Edited by soul guy fozzie