Genuine Soul At The Pavillion, Sunday April 3Rd

• Replies 8
  • Views 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Certainly was mate---right through from the 'cappuchino choons' in the afternoon--building up to the 'stormers' till 11.00

Nick Marshall and Tony Evans played a blinder.......cheers lads brill selections. Tony's current c/u is a beast of a choon... ohmy.gif

Great responsive crowd again--really appreciated thumbsup.gif

The venue is at least assured till september, when the owners will re- apply for the licience. Next date is bank holiday sunday May the 1st guest's TBC, hopefully till late as we've got a lie in the next day!!!!!:rolleyes:

Just to echo jez's sentiments about the music, it was simply sooooo diverse, Nick Marshall never fails to impress, with fantasic obscurities and top drawer oldies, most dont own. Tony, well he's got shite taste in potteries based football teams but his R n B and rockin soul aint bad, LOL. The other residents, Jezwin ( some top underplayed spins, and a current monster!) and Stew who's begun to take my old role as classics King, on the fly! Thanks guys one and all, playlists please.

Guest I KNOW NOTHING

The venue is at least assured till september, when the owners will re- apply for the licience. Next date is bank holiday sunday May the 1st guest's TBC, hopefully till late as we've got a lie in the next day!!!!!:hatsoff2:

Just to echo jez's sentiments about the music, it was simply sooooo diverse, Nick Marshall never fails to impress, with fantasic obscurities and top drawer oldies, most dont own. Tony, well he's got shite taste in potteries based football teams but his R n B and rockin soul aint bad, LOL. The other residents, Jezwin ( some top underplayed spins, and a current monster!) and Stew who's begun to take my old role as classics King, on the fly! Thanks guys one and all, playlists please.

cheers geese, and jez. great evening. hatsoff2.gif

it was a pleasure to play for your good selves and the guests.

(note to self.... MUST TRY HARDER to convert geese ) and geese...... stu's lad told me he wants a PORT VALE SEASON TICKET for xmas off YOU. yes.gifyes.gif

Belting night at the Pavillion, great mix of oldies and underplayed tunes.thumbsup.gifRather envious of Geese's latest purchase Detroit soul, all of my lifehatsoff2.gif

Tony, the offer still stands my 350 box for your 50 box, ha ha biggrin.gif Me and Henners enjoyed listening to his grandads underplayed stuff.yes.gif

Nice one Geese, I'll write to Santa and get a vale strip on order - the perfect accompaniment to Henry's season ticket lol

cheers geese, and jez. great evening. hatsoff2.gif

it was a pleasure to play for your good selves and the guests.

(note to self.... MUST TRY HARDER to convert geese ) and geese...... stu's lad told me he wants a PORT VALE SEASON TICKET for xmas off YOU. yes.gifyes.gif

Glad you enjoyed it mate---its got certain summat that place----I dont know what--but something biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

You'll have to pop down again mate-----great spot btw. If you and Gail get bored one Sunday--just say lets go somewhere and she'll know where ya mean

hatsoff2.gif

Belting night at the Pavillion, great mix of oldies and underplayed tunes.thumbsup.gifRather envious of Geese's latest purchase Detroit soul, all of my lifehatsoff2.gif

Tony, the offer still stands my 350 box for your 50 box, ha ha biggrin.gif Me and Henners enjoyed listening to his grandads underplayed stuff.yes.gif

Nice one Geese, I'll write to Santa and get a vale strip on order - the perfect accompaniment to Henry's season ticket lol

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Guest I KNOW NOTHING

Glad you enjoyed it mate---its got certain summat that place----I dont know what--but something biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

You'll have to pop down again mate-----great spot btw. If you and Gail get bored one Sunday--just say lets go somewhere and she'll know where ya mean

hatsoff2.gif

will defo call there again. it will be great when summer comes. think i'll try a tuesday or thursday next time. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifhatsoff2.gif

A great afternoon/evening as usual, and my first-time-visting mate Johnny F really enjoyed it too.

A bit late. but here's what I remember playing:

Junior Parker - These kind of blues (Vocalion)

Lattimore Brown - So says my heart (SS7)

Claude Huey - Why would you blow it (Galaxy)

Freddie Scott - I'll be gone (Shout)

Jeanette Williams - Something's got a hold on me (Backbeat)

Vines - Hey hey girls (Sutter)

Eula Cooper - Let our love grow highwe (Super Sound)

Lee Williams & Cymbals - It's everything about you (Carnival)

Natural Four - Hanging on to a lie (Boola Boola)

Finishing Touch - Second best (Philly Groove)

S.O.U.L. - This time around (Musicor)

Pat & Blenders - Just because (Fast Eddie)

Eddie Foster - I never knew (In)

Richard Temple - That beatin' rhythm (Mirwood)

Carstairs - He who picks a roes (Okeh)

Willie Hutch - Love runs out (Dunhill)

Joe Matthews - Ain't nothing you can do (Kool Kat)

Ernest Mosley - Stubborn heart (La Cindy)

Cavaliers - Hold to me Baby (RCA)

Valentinos - Sweeter than the day before (Chess)

Lada Edmund Jr - The Larue (Decca)

Billy Keene - Wishing and hoping (Paula)

Thanks again for inviting me

Nick