Just Ordered A Swan Case, Shipped To The States

Guest DAWEEDSMOKA

Guest DAWEEDSMOKA

We've got some great fliht case companies out here. Had a 2 row 200 box similar to swans custom made for me a while back in white (bad choice. looks cool, but gets filthy). company was called procases.com. I psaid $160 at the time, which seemed fair considering it was made custom for me in the color i wanted. Even thouh odessey makes a similar box in black for $60

two problems. The night I spin at (windy city soul club) has 5 DJs and is only about 5 hours lon. So my sets are short. I still carry my 200 case because in chicago, the weather is unpredictable. never know if its gonna rain or what. I have a nice collection of vintae cases, but od forbid they get wet and ruined.

2nd problem. all the companies

I have contacted want a stupid amount of $ for a hand made 100 count box. procases who did my 2 row wanted $189!!!

So I bit the bullet and am having a swan shipped to me.

my question is. I use coardboard sleeves, over poly linedpaper sleeves.

How mny 45s in card sleeves can I fit in a swan 100 ct box?

Thanks in advance for any replies. cant wait to get it!

Edited by DAWEEDSMOKA
Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Matt Male

I agree 80 is probably about as many in cardboard sleeves you can fit in a Swan 100 box. I sometimes jam in a few in paper sleeves at the front :lol:

Social source share

Guest DAWEEDSMOKA

arrived today(yesterday, the 6th) goddamn that is fast coming from the uk to the states!! Can fit 76 with the bagsunlimited card sleeves and polylind paper sleeve. (would prefer the UK card sleeves, but covers33 wont ship them to me. Might have to switch to the baugsunlimited thinner board sleeves just forthis box. might look into a blakka as they do also look nice. Though I'm not a fan of their spring type handle.

Have also been looking into a camo mama record bag (the 150) as I'm a record box/bag junkie. Just cannot find a US dealer.

Also thinking about the 3 row carpeted case odessey makes in the US. Something to keep the stuff I rarely play tucked away under the bed.

In the US we the postal service has wha we call priority flate rate boxes, which can also be shipped internationally. basically, if it fits...it ships for one price regardless of weight. great for sending out really heavy stuff for cheap. is there something similar in the UK? might make having a magma bag shipped much much cheaper.

Social source share

Guest DAWEEDSMOKA

aw that sucks....

there was another company i thhink was called waxsax, but cannot find any in on their existence. maybe a want add for a magma is in order.

Social source share

arrived today(yesterday, the 6th) goddamn that is fast coming from the uk to the states!! Can fit 76 with the bagsunlimited card sleeves and polylind paper sleeve. (would prefer the UK card sleeves, but covers33 wont ship them to me. Might have to switch to the baugsunlimited thinner board sleeves just forthis box. might look into a blakka as they do also look nice. Though I'm not a fan of their spring type handle.

Have also been looking into a camo mama record bag (the 150) as I'm a record box/bag junkie. Just cannot find a US dealer.

Also thinking about the 3 row carpeted case odessey makes in the US. Something to keep the stuff I rarely play tucked away under the bed.

In the US we the postal service has wha we call priority flate rate boxes, which can also be shipped internationally. basically, if it fits...it ships for one price regardless of weight. great for sending out really heavy stuff for cheap. is there something similar in the UK? might make having a magma bag shipped much much cheaper.

the spring handles are a lot more comfortable than swans,plus i had to have the shoulder strap as i'm partially disabled,,if you contact blacka,ask to speak to Kiel

Social source share

Guest DAWEEDSMOKA

I was actually thinking that since the spring handle is covered in PVC tubing, perhaps I can take it apart and replace it with a leather cover or something. Just contacted blakka about postage to the states.

I think I would be on the hunt for a Magma bag first as I already own 2 flight cases and plan on buying the $60 300 45 carpeted case from odessey.

Social source share

Guest DAWEEDSMOKA

These sell for $60 in the US https://www.odysseyge...ts/fz45120.html seem to be the american 45 DJ norm, though there are other companies with similar products at higher prices. Mine was made by procases.com with white panels for $160. Have seen the odyssey and the quality is top notch,maybe nicer than my $160 dollar version.

I just ordered a 3 row carpeted odyssey for $60. Too big for playing out. Just bought it for putting away surplus 45's and keeping em tucked under the bed. https://www.odysseygear.com/odyssey-products/c45200.html

I have in fact emailed blakka about the handle, but have yet to receive a reply. They do seem to offer many different kind of handles. as does swan..

Who was the guy who made them with a strap? can't find a link.

Edited by DAWEEDSMOKA
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!