Solid Hit Soul London With Special Guest Alex Jones Friday 15Th April

Thanks to everybody who came down in February, once again a very busy night with great music & great atmosphere. A big thanks to our guest Rob Smith who played a stonking set of Northern Soul keeping the floor heaving & hopefully everybody happy.

Alex Jones our guest on the 15th is sure to have the same effect, top class records top class DJ. Alex never usually DJs in London so don't miss this great opportunity to catch one of the scenes current top DJs in action without travelling oop north.

Des will be back from the States & will no doubt have a load of new interesting stuff to play not forgetting the rest of the regular herberts playing Quality Semi knowns, Underplayed & current Niter Biggies.

Don't miss out on a great night in the centre of London, if it's quality 60s you want & you're tired of hearing the same old same old, you want to hear something different in a packed atmospheric basement bar? Then Solid Hit is THE night for you :thumbsup: As a bonus we're only 3 minutes stagger away from Mainline railway & tube station with a Premier Inn the same distance for those travellers staying overnight.....................5 hours of top class 60s for a mere fiver, you can't go wrong!

If you wanted to make a weekend of it our friends from VaVa Voom are running their night of 60s/70crossover on the following evening just a few minutes up the road so you can have a double night of Soul in the capital :D

Edited by SHSDave
  • Replies 21
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

wer be there dave ,looking forward to it, londons top soul night imho :D

No crying in your beer over QPR's points deductions for corruption Martin :yes:

What more could you ask for - great sounds followed by the joys of the last Vomit Comet back out to Essex from Liverpool Street :yes:

Bring it on.

Taff

Guest Pete Bennett

Hi Dave, sorry we missed last time. I guess it simply means we are looking forward to this one even more. See you next Friday.

Here's some directions from Liverpool Street station which is only a 3minute walk from Solid Hit & some hotels should you want to stay over. The Travel lodge at Liverpool Street & Aldgate are both recommended by our long distant travellers :rolleyes:

DIRECTIONS

As you come out of the main entrance of Liverpool Street station onto Bishopgate, cross over & turn left past the Kentucky salmonella shop & the Police Station. 2nd turning on the right is Middlesex street with a pub on each corner, Dirty Dicks & Woodin's Shades. Turn down Midllesex Street & the Shooting Star is 50yards down on the right & we will be downstairs @ 8pm ......

For anybody driving there is street parking after 6.30pm right outside the pub....just don't nick the space where Mark parks with the equipment & Des lugs his piles of sales boxes from !

For anybody travelling & wanting to stay overnight please see hotel details below. We have good reports of the Travel Lodge at Liverpool Street which is only 3 minutes walk away & Aldgate which is just 10 minutes walk away although all the hotels mentioned are close by.

Travelodge Liverpool Street, 1 Harrow Place, London E1 7BD Tel. no. 0871 9846190 ( This is about a 3 minute walk/stagger away & is the best bet pricewise & for convenience

Travel Lodge 6-13 Chamber Street Aldgate East E1 8BL Check the Travel lodge website https://www.travelodge.co.uk for special deals & you may get something around £60

Club Quarters 7 Gracechurch Street, EC3V 0DR Standard room with breakfast £79

City Hotel 12 Osborn St E1 6TE Twin/Double £80/Triple room £105

Looking forward to Friday immensely. in my opinion Alex is one of the scene's best D.J.'s, and If you haven't heard him play out before, you're in for a treat!!! Got new stuff to play.......and new stuff to sell, so don't forget your wallets :lol: If you haven't been before, this REALLY is worth a go - great venue, music, atmosphere and at a fiver a pop it's a cracking night out. Don't forget the Va Va Voom boys have their shindig the night after, which makes for a great weekend in the City!!

See you Friday

Des

You're not wrong Des a few people I've spoken to have all spoken very highly of Alex & are looking forward to seeing/hearing him DJ again. Grab the chance people he's not down south very often.

A lot of interest in this night with quite a few travellers making the trip, should be another goodie :ohmy:

Looking forward to another top night with that great Solid Hit atmosphere

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow thumbsup.gif

Dave

You're not wrong Des a few people I've spoken to have all spoken very highly of Alex & are looking forward to seeing/hearing him DJ again. Grab the chance people he's not down south very often.

A lot of interest in this night with quite a few travellers making the trip, should be another goodie :ohmy:

Looking forward to another top night with that great Solid Hit atmosphere

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow thumbsup.gif

Dave

Have you got flyers ready for the May one Dave?

Guest CapitolSC

I am so gutted I can not make it, we left flights too late and were too exspensive for both, never heard Alex DJ before and I know I will be missing out as all the guest DJ's at SHS are so, so special and deliver surprises you would not believe as well as the residents DJ's may I say, so if you are around, please go, you are lucky and you will have such an amazing night thumbsup.gif.

Stuart is so looking forward to another night there and I am jealous, and yes, he has more new tunes yes.gif.

Also wishing everyone the next night at Va Va Voom a top night too, the last time they were both on the same weekend, both nights were tops hatsoff2.gif.

Enough said. sx

Just polished my shoes; can't wait :D

Got to say, Rob Smith's set last time was right on the money. Can it be bettered?

Have a great night Mr/Mrs/Miss 26:10:02 ..... we'll keep an eye out for you, there's not too many polish their shoes before coming to Solid Hit :no: lol only joking people :D

Rob was indeed "right on the money" ....................Bettered ? Can't say but those who haven't heard Alex DJ before get ready to be blown away, he really does have top top sounds & I think we are in for another brilliant night :shades:

Look forward to seeing everyone tonight .....I can't wait

Dave :hatsoff2:

Edited by SHSDave
Guest Goldwax

Loafers have been given a good buff. Will there be a shoe inspection on the door Dave?

Really looking forward to tonight. I missed the last one so seems like ages. It's The Best Little Soul Club in London. :lol:

Craig

I am so gutted I can not make it, we left flights too late and were too exspensive for both, never heard Alex DJ before and I know I will be missing out as all the guest DJ's at SHS are so, so special and deliver surprises you would not believe as well as the residents DJ's may I say, so if you are around, please go, you are lucky and you will have such an amazing night thumbsup.gif.

Stuart is so looking forward to another night there and I am jealous, and yes, he has more new tunes yes.gif.

Also wishing everyone the next night at Va Va Voom a top night too, the last time they were both on the same weekend, both nights were tops hatsoff2.gif.

Enough said. sx

Hi Sharn, shame you can't make it, unfortunately I can't this evening either as babysitting & DIY'ing so Hulatt's got a bathroom to use tomorrow. Yann, Joel & the Twigg will be in atendence though & Greg said he was going too.

Will be a great night I'm sure.

Have a good one folks , sorry I can't be there.

Ady x

Hi Sharn, shame you can't make it, unfortunately I can't this evening either as babysitting & DIY'ing so Hulatt's got a bathroom to use tomorrow. Yann, Joel & the Twigg will be in atendence though & Greg said he was going too.

Will be a great night I'm sure.

Have a good one folks , sorry I can't be there.

Ady x

& don't forget if you're also going to VaVaVoom 2moro they have moved venues, afraid I don't have the details to hand but check the VVV thread ......... & I'm sure Yann will have flyers tonight

You'll be missed Sharnya x , we could always do a telephone link :(

From the feedback I've had we could have a packer tonight , sure to be a cracker anyway :lol:

Dave

& don't forget if you're also going to VaVaVoom 2moro they have moved venues, afraid I don't have the details to hand but check the VVV thread ......... & I'm sure Yann will have flyers tonight

You'll be missed Sharnya x , we could always do a telephone link :(

From the feedback I've had we could have a packer tonight , sure to be a cracker anyway :lol:

Dave

Yes new venue, cheers for that Dave!

'The Papermill' 2-6 Curtain Rd,Shoreditch,London,EC2A 3NQ.

The boys will have some ammended flyers later.

Sorry I can't make it tonight Dave!

Atb Ady

Guest CapitolSC

Shame you can not make it too Ady and will miss you, Dave and everyone else :lol: .

Well I have booked fights in advance this time for May and will be staying over for an extra night to make up for missing this weekend :( sx