Cover Ups & New Discoveries... A Downward Slope ?

So what you're saying is that some tunes have never been played out before.? Or just not put on playlists?:hatsoff2:

Nope i was just saying that i disagree with you on the point that only the so called big dj's play tunes that no one else has or have played in the past as seen on playlists...thumbsup.gif

For me it's just about playing good tunes, a mix of tunes put together well and if you can stick something a different in there it's a brucey bonus for the listeners and dancers etc. I just hear a lot of dj's playing other dj's sets which i cant get my head around... of course its near impossible to not overlap and play what others are playing, but some are literally playing tune for tune other dj's sets...

Its gone a bit off topic sooo back to the cover ups and new discoveries...long may they continue!!!

Social source share

Nope i was just saying that i disagree with you on the point that only the so called big dj's play tunes that no one else has or have played in the past as seen on playlists...thumbsup.gif

For me it's just about playing good tunes, a mix of tunes put together well and if you can stick something a different in there it's a brucey bonus for the listeners and dancers etc. I just hear a lot of dj's playing other dj's sets which i cant get my head around... of course its near impossible to not overlap and play what others are playing, but some are literally playing tune for tune other dj's sets...

Its gone a bit off topic sooo back to the cover ups and new discoveries...long may they continue!!!

We're on the same page,in a round about way...back on topic?:thumbsup:

Social source share

thers one thing about cover ups lvm or loathe m they keep all the anoraks on there toes includin ordinary soul lvin people.personally i think the jocks can go too long with the enigma but they do serve a purpose.

Edited by fuzzj
Social source share

Geese ,taste may be a mix of all genres.Some want the same thing everytime......if it quacks like a duck....

Why do "ego's" come into it when filling the floor is mentioned? Is emptying the floor a sign of a big ego - or playing the wrong stuff to the wrong crowd.Or crap records?

:lol:

Kev, ive heard quite few big name collectors spin what I'd describe as nothing better than demo cuts, that lack a full production ( even a bleeding drum or bassline would help) to uninteresed dancers, a lot over the last couple of years, arrrh but the're only two copies of that! I hear them cry, thats an abuse of a privillage bestowed on you guys, rarity and exclusivity is great when combined with the discretion. that what makes butch so great! many others just dont have it. yeah Kev, empting a floor is a sign of a big ego, great dance records work on open minded dancefloors, sadly not all rare ones do!

Edited by geeselad
Social source share

Kev, ive heard quite few big name collectors spin what I'd describe as nothing better than demo cuts, that lack a full production ( even a bleeding drum or bassline would help) to uninteresed dancers, a lot over the last couple of years, arrrh but the're only two copies of that! I hear them cry, thats an abuse of a privillage bestowed on you guys, rarity and exclusivity is great when combined with the discretion. that what makes butch so great! many others just dont have it. yeah Kev, empting a floor is a sign of a big ego, great dance records work on open minded dancefloors, sadly not all rare ones do!

:lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!