Billywhizz

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 17
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Alan day DJ at the torch it was the last third record played at the last torch alnighter.

Cheers Billy the untouchable

I've heard of the Torch of course, not familiar with Alan Day, where does he come from and where is he now. there is a car dealer on the north circular called Alan Day cars, sells mercedes, its not him is it.?

SHEEP

Social source share

Not to sure Sheep,or am I possibley talking to man himself. Billy

You think I am Alan Day, not sure how you arrived at this conclusion, he was probably playing rufus lumley at the Torch before i was born.!

Would like to know how you compare rufus lumley to records around today, such as Meadow, you don't no the pain, which has similarities.? or maybe Pat+ Blenders, Just because, which has little similarity.

SHEEP

Social source share

Mr Whizz

Who discovered this and where was this first played.?

SHEEP

:D

Old club soul record played in the midlands mid to late 6ts 67 to 69

Had a copy on Stateside years ago sold it to a m8 who then moved out of the country and Left his records with his mum,who then sold them for a pittance to some rip off merchant.Some you win and most you lose Doug

:thumbsup::yes:

Social source share

:D

Had a copy on Stateside years ago sold it to a m8 who then moved out of the country and Left his records with his mum,who then sold them for a pittance to some rip off merchant.Some you win and most you lose Doug

:thumbsup::yes:

I think this came out in 66 / 67 and is quite rare, unlikely to have been played when first released, if it was in demand stateside would have pressed more to meet the demand, which there was'nt at the time.

More like to have been 70 / 71, when some soulie would have found it on a market stall, then probably sold to Alan Day as an obscure item.

SHEEP

Social source share

:unsure:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sorry 2 hear about that bring back memories d.j on the sceen 2day whos best mate was a d.j in the 70s who got killed records went 2 the mother so best mate offerd pittance for the records worth £1000s 2day any way thats another story as I said it was first played at the torch by alan day it was the third record played at the end of the last torch allnighter maybe 4 or 5 copys on stateside demo in the u.k £350 today £450 next year.

Billy

Social source share

maybe 4 or 5 copys on stateside demo in the u.k

Utter nonsense i'm afraid Billy.

There will be loads of these tucked away in UK collectors record rooms - Stateside demo records were all sent out in reasonable numbers.....

You've got to remember it's not only people on the Northern Soul scene that collect these records.

I know of a collector who has loads of 1960s Soul on UK demos ,that he won't part with, yet he isn't on the Soul scene at all, he's a Reggae/Ska label collector mainly....

Social source share

Utter nonsense i'm afraid Billy.

There will be loads of these tucked away in UK collectors record rooms - Stateside demo records were all sent out in reasonable numbers.....

You've got to remember it's not only people on the Northern Soul scene that collect these records.

I know of a collector who has loads of 1960s Soul on UK demos ,that he won't part with, yet he isn't on the Soul scene at all, he's a Reggae/Ska label collector mainly....

Yer I think ur right pikey,just passing on info of a well known collecter fron the half time orange,a few weeks ago mind u with the speakers next 2 him that could of been 45 demos in the U.K,I might of missed understood,u say theres people whos not on the northern scene that collects thats very true there was a lad on ebay last year from the south west motown and northern collecter professionally valued at £36,000 never been to a soul venue.

Billy p.s had some offers short what i'm asking

Social source share

Alan Day was/is i´m certain,from Burton on Trent, alongside Martyn Ellis one of the real charachters of the Torch era d´js,with his mad mate Dodger.

We were lucky enough in Gloucester in those times, as he used to come quite often on a Monday night to play at the Dolphin club.

Rufus Lumley issue is a lot rarer than the demo! great record been in my top five since i first heard it at the Torch......Traditional Northern Soul at its best.

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!