Hitchin's Got Soul This Friday

Well it looks like being a good birthday bash for Mr Kempster this friday @ Hitchin Football Club, & yet another FREE CD being given away :D All these FREE CD's that keep getting given away on the Scene are brilliant, but will put Roger Stewart & Asda out of Business :D Sue & I should be there on Friday....

p.s Get Well Soon Roger , Last we heard Roger Stewart was in Hospital with Pneumonia....

• Replies 52
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Well it looks like being a good birthday bash for Mr Kempster this friday @ Hitchin Football Club, & yet another FREE CD being given away :D All these FREE CD's that keep getting given away on the Scene are brilliant, but will put Roger Stewart & Asda out of Business :D Sue & I should be there on Friday....

p.s Get Well Soon Roger , Last we heard Roger Stewart was in Hospital with Pneumonia....

Not forgetting Mr. Driver.

This c.d. was a bloody nightmare. Took the records round to Andy's place to record them onto his new toy, the computer. I said what's that Japanese radio station we can here in the background? Those immortal words burst forward "Don't worry!". Yeh, like f**k!!

So if anyone would like a full c.d. of Northern classics backed by the Fuji Yaki backing chorus, come & see me friday night.

Guest Andy Kempster

Not forgetting Mr. Driver.

This c.d. was a bloody nightmare. Took the records round to Andy's place to record them onto his new toy, the computer. I said what's that Japanese radio station we can here in the background? Those immortal words burst forward "Don't worry!". Yeh, like f**k!!

So if anyone would like a full c.d. of Northern classics backed by the Fuji Yaki backing chorus, come & see me friday night.

oi oi pottsy no soku du need

just got back from t'pub and stilll got 10 more to burn

hope you appreciate the time and effort

Then again if you want the best dance floor to dance on and the best sounds to listen to, then you best get yurself down to the newly renivated club, no shit its wall to wall brand spankin new wooden dance floor, bass speakers hidden in the sides of the venue.

Listen to the great sounds of Billy Mcnamara, i know i spelt that wrong but his fault for being Irish, hey he is a hell of a DJ and he surprises me with his sets every time, TOP MAN )))))

Also Andy Graham, best known for playing unknowns which they claim pride too, they know what they like and seamesly is projected to the scene with results as a full dance floor.

Ady Potts (aka Fat Bastard :D Top geezer, has the expensive toones but dont give a monkeys if it cos 10 quid or a Grand, the sound is all that counts, ultra rare record collector and ultra rare at the bar :D

Baz and Glyn.....whoa England expects, i think its great when regular guys wanna have a go, somehow i reaon this will be the best spot, i just have that feeling.

But when is all said and done lets not lose the fact this is Andy and Graham club 1st Birthday Party, Guys & Gals lets keep it real and smash the champers on the dance floor only the way we know how.

Bahhhh just got back from the doctors, put me on antibiotics due to an ear infection, what will i do if i cant drink ? :lol:

Maybe i could shave a bald patch in my head, wear flairs and drink lemonade and call myself Doc Who :lol:

Guest Andy Kempster

Bahhhh just got back from the doctors, put me on antibiotics due to an ear infection, what will i do if i cant drink ? :lol:

Maybe i could shave a bald patch in my head, wear flairs and drink lemonade and call myself Doc Who :lol:

red bull it is then

Simple start the course on sat :lol:

Guest Andy Kempster

Simple start the course on sat :lol:

the running order for tomorrow night will be as follows:

start 7.30 then

andy kempster and graham driver

billy mac

bazbond and glyn w

tony parker

pottsy

exact times will be posted up later

hey janine notice billy mac has been moved up the running now....no excuse for missing him now! :lol:

Well it looks like being a good birthday bash for Mr Kempster this friday @ Hitchin Football Club, & yet another FREE CD being given away :lol: All these FREE CD's that keep getting given away on the Scene are brilliant, but will put Roger Stewart & Asda out of Business :lol: Sue & I should be there on Friday....

Spent the evening with Roger in hospital last week where he was over the worst of his problems, he called me Tuesday to say he would be out sometime today :lol:

If anyones been trying to text him and hasnt had a reply it's because he broke his mobile, we took a new one up for him last week, but he can't work out how to send texts on it (well according to Roger it won't work :lol: )

the running order for tomorrow night will be as follows:

start 7.30 then

andy kempster and graham driver

billy mac

bazbond and glyn w

tony parker

pottsy

exact times will be posted up later

hey janine notice billy mac has been moved up the running now....no excuse for missing him now! :lol:

I really really really do hope I won't miss Bill's spot tomorrow night :lol: but if I do I shall just have to use the rotten fruit for liccle baz instead :lol:

Hey porky,

sorry to hear the infection has spread to your ears, never heard of it doing that before.

Perhaps if you half your alcohol intake for the evening you should still be o.k. to take the antibiotics, after all, would have thought eight pints would've been enough anyway.

Just an after thought regarding the infection moving to your ear, it must be more comfortable when you dance now. Only problem now being you may fall over, as it can effect the old balance :lol: Best you sit & have a rest when i'm d.j'ing :lol:

Anyway, look foward to seeing you Friday :lol: Pottsy.

I really really really do hope I won't miss Bill's spot tomorrow night :lol: but if I do I shall just have to use the rotten fruit for liccle baz instead :lol:

:lol: Janine how could you say such a thing, there wont be any disco in my spot :lol::lol:

Guest Andy Kempster

:lol: Janine how could you say such a thing, there wont be any disco in my spot :lol::lol:

here is the tracklisting for the freebie CD

i might point out this isn't in the final order coause i dont have time to retype it, but all the tracks are correct

1. THE OHIO PLAYERS - LOVE SLIPS THRU MY FINGERS (TRIP)
  2. CURTIS BLANDON - IN THE LONG RUN (WAND)
  3. LOUIS CURRY - YOU'RE JUST PLAIN NICE (REEL)
  4. THE ENTERTAINERS - LOVE IN MY HEART (SYMBOL)
  5. GODOYE COLBERT - BABY I LIKE IT (COLBERT (REVUE)
  6. PORGY & THE MONARCHS - THAT'S MY GIRL (SYLVES)
  7. THE SPIEDELS - DREAM GIRL (PROVIDENCE)
  8. ROTATIONS - I CAN'T FIND HER (DEBROSSARD)
  9. KRIS PETERSON - JUST AS MUCH (TOP DOG)
  10. THE INVERST - LOOK OUT LOVE (TOWER)
  11. BOB RELF - GIRL, YOU'RE MY KIND OF WONDERFUL (TRANSAMERICAN)
  12. COOKIE JACKSON - DO YOU STILL LOVE ME (PROGRESS)
  13. THE PRECISIONA - SUCH MISERY (DREW)
  14. DAYBREAK - I NEED LOVE (PAP)
  15. RALPH 'SOUL' JACKSON - SET ME FREE (BLACK KAT)
  16. BETTY EVERITT - LOVE COMES TUMBLING DOWN (ABC)
  17. WILLIE HUTCH - CAN'T FIGHT THE POWER (SOUL CITY)
  18. T.J.WILLIAMS - BABY, I NEED YOU (JOSIE)
  19. THE STRATOLINERS - WHAT DO YOU WANT WITH MY LOVE (FEDERAL)
  20. THE CONSTELLATIONS - I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO (GEMINI STAR)
  21. EMANUEL LASKEY - SWEET LIES (THELMA)
  22. NORMAN RICKET - PLAYER, PLAY ON (IT)
  23. JOE SIMON - THE GIRL'S ALRIGHT WITH ME (SOUND STAGE 7)
  24. LELA MARTIN - YOU CAN'T HAVE YOUR CAKE (MELATONE)
  25. JACK MONTGOMERY - BABY BABY TAKE A CHANCE ON ME (REVUE)
  26. RHONDA DAVIES - CAN YOU REMEMBER (DUKE)
  27. BARBARA MASON - AIN'T GOT NOBODY (ARCTIC)
  28. LEE WILLIAMS & THE CYMBALS - GIRL FROM A COUNTRY TOWN (RAPDA)
  29. LEROY TAYLOR - OH LINDA (BRUNSWICK)
  30. JIVE (FIVE) FYVE - IF I HAD A CHANCE ON YOU (DECCA)
  31. PAUL SMITH - AIN'T THAT SOMETHING (JACKLYN)

Hey porky,

sorry to hear the infection has spread to your ears, never heard of it doing that before.

Perhaps if you half your alcohol intake for the evening you should still be o.k. to take the antibiotics, after all, would have thought eight pints would've been enough anyway.

Just an after thought regarding the infection moving to your ear, it must be more comfortable when you dance now. Only problem now being you may fall over, as it can effect the old balance :lol: Best you sit & have a rest when i'm d.j'ing :lol:

Anyway, look foward to seeing you Friday :lol: Pottsy.

There you go again running your mouth off saying im porky, told you before its relaxed muscle, you always take the opportunity to knock the 6 pack. Seems like ill have to bring along a duster and a spray can of Mr Sheen for your head m8, needs a polishing :lol:

Anyway, dancing is a good form of exercise, you should try it sometime :lol:

Spent the evening with Roger in hospital last week where he was over the worst of his problems, he called me Tuesday to say he would be out sometime today whistling.gif

If anyones been trying to text him and hasnt had a reply it's because he broke his mobile, we took a new one up for him last week, but he can't work out how to send texts on it (well according to Roger it won't work :thumbsup: )

Janine you are the one of most thoughtful person I came across always there in need I don't know Roger but I hope he is getting better,Baz have a good hour spot Friday as I know you will Mrs.burrell was asking about you handful of undiscorved 45's will seriously blow your mind just waiting for my 1 hour spot at the 100 club in January all girl's spot with my little pink dress on.

Cheers Billy the untouchable LOL

Guest Dr Pickles

Bahhhh just got back from the doctors, put me on antibiotics due to an ear infection, what will i do if i cant drink ? whistling.gif

Maybe i could shave a bald patch in my head, wear flairs and drink lemonade and call myself Doc Who :P

With you shaving a bald spot into your head.......

Saw this and thought of you :thumbsup:

catphoto.jpg

Off to sunny Wales this weekend for Valley Soul Commandos.

Hope you all have a great time at the birthday bash. :lol:

Doc

Edited by Dr Pickles

With you shaving a bald spot into your head.......

Saw this and thought of you :lol:

catphoto.jpg

Off to sunny Wales this weekend for Valley Soul Commandos.

Hope you all have a great time at the birthday bash. :lol:

Doc

That likeness is stunning Dr. Pickles, well done. I do think Vic was a bit harsh when he said he'll bring along a duster and a spray can of Mr Sheen, don't you? Would it be to extreme to call the young gentleman a prize wanker.gif ?, i think not.

Sad you can't make Hitchin, but do have fun in Wales with your Commandos :lol::wub:

Hope you can make the Dome alldayer on 22nd Oct., we need top dancers like you. Dont say i said so :lol: , but young vic reckons he's a better dancer than you :graynone:

Guest Andy Kempster

That likeness is stunning Dr. Pickles, well done. I do think Vic was a bit harsh when he said he'll bring along a duster and a spray can of Mr Sheen, don't you? Would it be to extreme to call the young gentleman a prize wanker.gif ?, i think not.

Sad you can't make Hitchin, but do have fun in Wales with your Commandos :lol::wub:

Hope you can make the Dome alldayer on 22nd Oct., we need top dancers like you. Dont say i said so :lol: , but young vic reckons he's a better dancer than you :graynone:

you'll be pleased to know nick has gone out to get to some spanking new neddles for tonight :lol:

you'll be pleased to know nick has gone out to get to some spanking new neddles for tonight :lol:

did i say 'neddles'? :wub:

Sad you can't make Hitchin, but do have fun in Wales with your Commandos :lol::lol:

Dont listen to him Chris, its his age, between you and me i think hes going a bit senile, just do what i do m8, humour him :lol:

Hey m8 dont be so sad, my dad was a baldy and and know what you are going through, if it makes you feel better ill not mention it again, and if anyone takes the piss out of you let me know ill get em for yer :lol::lol:

Spent the evening with Roger in hospital last week where he was over the worst of his problems, he called me Tuesday to say he would be out sometime today :lol:

If anyones been trying to text him and hasnt had a reply it's because he broke his mobile, we took a new one up for him last week, but he can't work out how to send texts on it (well according to Roger it won't work :lol: )

Janine, can you send my love to Roger, sorry didnt get chance to see him, Terry also sends Best Wishes x

Hey m8 dont be so sad, my dad was a baldy and and know what you are going through, if it makes you feel better ill not mention it again, and if anyone takes the piss out of you let me know ill get em for yer :lol::lol:

:lol: Ah thank's Vic, & i'll promise i'll never call you plumpy, slim, porkers or porky again, it was well out of order, for which i sincerely apologise, most sincerely, truly.

Did you know the chicken place, accross the road from the old Woolpack pub is open till 3am, grab me after the do tonight & we'll call in there & wipe em out, you up for that fatboy? :lol:

:lol: Ah thank's Vic, & i'll promise i'll never call you plumpy, slim, porkers or porky again, it was well out of order, for which i sincerely apologise, most sincerely, truly.

Did you know the chicken place, accross the road from the old Woolpack pub is open till 3am, grab me after the do tonight & we'll call in there & wipe em out, you up for that fatboy? :lol:

:lol: im on a strict diet m8, realy at your age you should be more careful what you eat, i worry about you, cant be nice having your hair fall out and pile on those pounds.I will have a word with Sue, put you on a fitness regime, maybe we could rig up an exercise cycle to the decks so you can pedal to make the decks go round, you think you can manage 45 rpm ? I suggest starting off more slowly bring along some 33rpm's to warm up too :lol:

Guest Andy Kempster

So What does this really mean,

A WANK, wanker.gif followed by a PINT OF CIDER :lol: & then Another WANK wanker.gif

See you all later :graywanker: :graywanker: :graywanker: :graywanker:

Bucky

CIDER....dont be so rude

creme de menthe and tizer is my tipple

:lol: I Forgot, it's VICRAM who is the one who like's the CIDER :lol:

Bucky

When the lager tastes shite i drink cider or a bottle of newcastle brown, so if you ever see me drinking this in a venue you know the lager is shite :lol:

Guest Andy Kempster

well all i can say is im glad it finished early and was able 2 get 2 a nite club an listen 2 some good dj :yes:

andy pandy an teddy started the nite fink that sent me loopy loo :D

then sum geezer bill who must av brought his own fan club of 3 an paid them 2 clap :angry:

then bazbond an glyn more like brookbond a rite couple of monkeys :D

nexted parker who waz late pity it werent later very later :(

then pottys 2 finish the nite an finish the nite he did played sum lovelyslow ones from the 70s just needed people 2 dance 2gether :D

and dont 4get that free cd if any1 didnt get 1 u can av mine :angry:

well 2 sum it up the next birthday bash u av boys try a bouncy castle an musical chairs might get people moving more thats as long as u get sum 1 else 2 play the music :thumbsup:

and to think i had just got you that new bag you always wanted, in fact you can still have it so you pack it with all your worldly goods and f**k right off! :yes:

Guest glyn-w

Just coming up to 2am...just got home ...great night at hitchin...........thanks to Dave Abbott and Princess for the lift home.........Happy first birthday to Andy and Graham.....Keep at it boys....... :thumbsup:

Hey RBboy :D ...Have to agree whith all of the above :yes: ..Me and baz just made it there at 8.25 for our 8.30 spot, thinking were cutting it fine hear!!..The car park was full, wow we thought, a packed house (thank god our spot was mooved to 9.00, had time for a few bevies, (and Baz abought 6 lol)..Unfortunate that there was a party or something on in the club as well, cos most of the people were in there..Got in there and there was only abought 10 people there..my hart realy went out for Andy and the crew :( put all that effort in it...But i think the word was out that me and Baz finished at 9.45, :D and it was packed whith soulie`s after :( , the atmosphere was ellectrick, and whith a line up of DJ`s playing top sounds from accross the bord, what more could you ask for :D ..Just like to thank Andy and the crew for inviting me and Baz to spin a few vinal`s (i`m shure baz will add his own comment when he wakes up :yes: ) we bothe realy enjoyed our spot, and hope you all did to.......Thanks guy`s...... :(

Guest glyn-w

well all i can say is im glad it finished early and was able 2 get 2 a nite club an listen 2 some good dj :(

then sum geezer bill who must av brought his own fan club of 3 an paid them 2 clap :angry:

nexted parker who waz late pity it werent later very later :D

then pottys 2 finish the nite an finish the nite he did played sum lovelyslow ones from the 70s just needed people 2 dance 2gether :yes:

well 2 sum it up the next birthday bash u av boys try a bouncy castle an musical chairs might get people moving more thats as long as u get sum 1 else 2 play the music :thumbsup:

WHAT A TOSSA.... :yes: ....No dought he came on his own...And left on his own...Sad git.. :(

well all i can say is im glad it finished early and was able 2 get 2 a nite club an listen 2 some good dj :yes:

nexted parker who waz late pity it werent later very later :(

then pottys 2 finish the nite an finish the nite he did played sum lovelyslow ones from the 70s just needed people 2 dance 2gether :D

Take it you had a good night then...

Did they not play Dobie Gray for you... :yes:

See his profile....enough said...

Edited by Rugby Soul Club
Guest waynec

got there just in time to catch baz,s set.

then realised we had played most of it in the car on the way up.

music was top notch all night.

couldnt ask for more,well a later finish would off been nice.

say 1 instead of 12.

Guest Andy Kempster

got there just in time to catch baz,s set.

then realised we had played most of it in the car on the way up.

music was top notch all night.

couldnt ask for more,well a later finish would off been nice.

say 1 instead of 12.

the finish time is under scrutiny as we speak, the club is getting a new license in november for a1 o'clock finsh so it will be full throttle from then on...we did plead with the management for an extra bit of time but they were having none of it.

thanks for coming and i am glad you had a good time.

while i am at it i want to say a big thankyou to everyone that came and danced their socks off, a packed dancefloor is always a joy to see.

the music was outstanding all night, billy mac was superb, glyn and baz were blinding, tony was, as ever, topnotch and as for pottsy....un f**king believable. not a bad set to be heard and i think you will agree everyone showed that by filling the floor all night

thanks again to veryone and nice to see so many happy faces in such a small place

all the best

andy

Oi Bootleg, I didn't go to this venue but all i can say is people put a lot of time and effort into putting on soul nights to keep this scene going and giving away free CDs is IMO a very nice thing to do. You obviously don't appreciate this and I think you really need to think again about slagging off a place ... or better still just stay in but you're probably the sort of person who would moan about that too. You're not a very nice person IMO :thumbsup:

Guest Andy Kempster

Oi Bootleg, I didn't go to this venue but all i can say is people put a lot of time and effort into putting on soul nights to keep this scene going and giving away free CDs is IMO a very nice thing to do. You obviously don't appreciate this and I think you really need to think again about slagging off a place ... or better still just stay in but you're probably the sort of person who would moan about that too. You're not a very nice person IMO :thumbsup:

ignore him mandy, he was there last night and danced all the way

he's on a wind up, if you knew him you'd understand

Well, I really enjoyed myself last night, a lovely venue, was pretty quiet to start with but soon filled up nicely. Thought everyone did a great spot and the music was right across the board with something to suit everyone's taste. Could have done without the talc on the floor though as it made dancing a tad to hard, lost my footing several times. Suffering today, keep forgetting I have a hernia and over did things again :thumbsup:

Will go post up photos :yes:

Well i was there from the very start and the last one out the door, absolutaley fuckin brilliant night, the quality of soul was out fuckin standing, was good fun all night cant wait for the next one.

Bootleg, i think you tried to make a humourous post but somehow it dont project anything funny, you prat lol :thumbsup:

Well, I really enjoyed myself last night, a lovely venue, was pretty quiet to start with but soon filled up nicely. Thought everyone did a great spot and the music was right across the board with something to suit everyone's taste. Could have done without the talc on the floor though as it made dancing a tad to hard, lost my footing several times. Suffering today, keep forgetting I have a hernia and over did things again :D

Will go post up photos :thumbsup:

Sorry bout the talc Janine, i hope the other half rubbed it better :yes:

Great night, thanks to the guys for inviting us down to spin a few :thumbsup:

playlist in no order just what i can remember :D

The Parisians - Twinkle little star - Demon hot

Sharon Jones - I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in - Daptone

Charles Sheffield - Its your voodoo working

The Diplomats - Cards on the table - Arock

George Byrd - Im avaliable - TRC

Guitar Ray - Your gonna wreck my life - Shagg

Jimmy Mcfarland - Lonely lover - RPR

Danny Moore - Somebody new - Allrite

Al Scott - What happened to yesterday - Genuine

The Commands - Hey its love - Dynamic

Have to agree there was too much talc on the floor nearly came a cropper my self a few time's or was that down to :yes::yes: