• Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

3 weekends - we are off to Bridlington with them next week. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to hearing the tunes you played on Shades of Soul. :thumbsup:

Blimey you're right.

I hope I'm as sprightly as him when I'm in MY 80's :D

I'll play a couple of those tunes. Anything you want to hear in particular?

Phil

Bensons was the tops with one of if not thee very best Modern Rooms ever!

Queens Hall offered a superb ground breaking experience with The Big EeZe, can we expect any Modern???

Honestly I don't know

DJ's have free reign to play what they want

Phil

I know it's not a Bradford Queens Hall Reunion but please please pleeeease will someone consider slipping some modern-ish tunes on from time to time (I personally would love anything that was played in the hey days of the modern room 90-92, Mr Pearson you will know what I'm after wink.gif) but I understand if this can't be fixed at short notice, I'll just work on the promoters for next time laugh.gif

I have a few friends travelling down from Darlington and there's talk on facebook about this .... especially the fiver entrance fee !!! laugh.gif

Really looking forward to dancing the night away a few doors from where I got dragged into this weird scene.

Ali x

Think I am going to need that fan tonight Ali :hatsoff2: I purposly stayed up late last night and had only five hours sleep so that when I finish work and have tea later I will sleep for at least three hours in order to stay awake later ... ( makes sence to me ) and I am going to have a good pair of dancing shoes with me too ! such a thrill to have so many exciting Dj's on ..... feet are going to be busy later for sure yes.gif

Just to say really enjoyed the music last night , superb sounds spun by all .

Isn't it wonderful when a well know cheap record that might be sitting in your box gathering dust because more fashionable ones come to the front to impress.... It takes someone with a bit of sav and know how who could blow you away with rarities plays it and just blows you away with it.... Thank you Derek Pearson for playing Barbara Acklin Just aint no love ... my god it sounded awesome and proves the point they don't have to be expensive to still sound good. Give that dog a bone Derek :thumbsup:

We had loads of sensational sounds intermingled with well known established sounds of the past , it was just the right mix to keep the dancers happy all the time I was there.

For me Syl Johnsons Do you know what love is stood out as particular fancy on the night , it was an absolute delight to dance to.

A measure of a good night for me is when it comes ang goes very quickly , and an exceptional night is when I float home with my tootsies on such a high .... this night did both.

I will say a few more chairs wouldn't go a miss in the future , but other than that Tokoyo gets the thumbs up for me. Great to see many friends too on what was a very wet night.

Now I must give my feet some TLC and get the old hemp out ..

Guest mooma

congrats on the venue good value for money £5 admission what more could ya ask for!! old mates and new faces made it a friendly atmosphere mixed sounds thro the night!! to me 2 rooms would be better but first night was a great success!!

nice to see kim after so long here's to the next un!! ITS ON MY BIRTHDAY so get the cake ordered balloons blown up and and your all invited to the party!!!

sue xx

A massive well done Phil on a successful first night thumbsup.gif

From the moment I walked in I just had to dance yes.gif ALL the d.j's did you proud and played excellent spots that were fully appreciated by everyone and the active dancefloor was testament to their fabulous sets, a special thanks to Ted for slipping a few modern uns in (& that was without me mithering!)

I agree that a few more seats were needed (just for feet respite, not bum respite ha ha) and maybe the space at the end of the bar would be suitable, but only a few mind.

It was brilliant catching up George & Jackie Sharp,Steph,Paddy & lots more, and wonderful chewing fat with Nigel Parker, a guy who I personally haven't seen since the Queens Hall days.

A possible second room??? Wonder what's on my mind, Mmmmmmmmm whistling.gif biggrin.gif

Finally, I commend you on pushing all the Bradford soul events over that weekend. A weekend where I would have loved to attend all three events, but with family commitments & fathers day I could only manage yours.

See you at the next one, if not before

All the best

Ali x

Edited by Alison H

Thanks Ali smile.gif

We are going to put seats along the back wall next time. So a few more but not too many.

In terms of the second room, it's in the cellar and quite small and intimate. Any suggestions as to what music policy are welcomed.

Best

Phil

Thanks Ali :lol:

We are going to put seats along the back wall next time. So a few more but not too many.

In terms of the second room, it's in the cellar and quite small and intimate. Any suggestions as to what music policy are welcomed.

Best

Phil

MODERN!!!! biggrin.gif

I'm still in touch with most of the d.j's that used to spin in the modern room at the Queens Hall & I know they could pull off a reunion, but you say the room is intimate g.gif guess that's me & the d.j's sorted then wub.gifwink.giflaugh.gif

On a serious note, if you don't fancy a modern room (though millions do yes.gif ) why don't you think of alternating each time i.e modern,r&b (not the trashy current r&b), funk, latin, etc You could call the little room "The Intimate Alternative" wink.gif Just some ideas for you to chew over thumbsup.gif

Ali x

Edited by Alison H