Next Northern Soul @ The Plinston! Friday 4th Nov

:D Thought I'd get the ball rolling for the next event at the Plinston on Friday 4th November with guests Mark Houghton upstairs in The Ghetto! and Lenny Dopson guesting in the Main Hall alongside the return of the slaphead of Soul to the main hall decks Soul Sam. Full details in the events section on this very site.

:D This will be the last 2 room event at the venue for a while, only the Main Hall from here on spinning across the board from 60's to Modern, so come along and sample the magic for the last time for a while.

:D New venue opening soon as well, beautiful ballroom, large stage, top line-up and above all great across the board music. Soul club like they used to be!!! At the moment we are trailing this as a 'Roll With Me Henry!' evening. Full details to follow as soon as.....

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dr Pickles

:thumbsup: New venue opening soon as well, beautiful ballroom, large stage, top line-up and above all great across the board music. Soul club like they used to be!!! At the moment we are trailing this as a 'Roll With Me Henry!' evening. Full details to follow as soon as.....

is this gonna be in herts and if so do you recon it will work.

seams a lot of do,s on that way at the mo.

no disrespect but i wonder if the likes of plinston have had there day.

last 3/4 times ive been up its half full and think it reflects on the night.

not knocking the music just wonder if having a smaller venue would be better.

seams not enough punters to go round these days.

even some of the smaller do,s arnt busy.

when you state its gonna be like soul clubs used to be.does that mean no modern as it wernt around back then

Guest Dr Pickles

would give you full details Pickles but 1) just confirming everything first and 2) you'd turn up then!!!!!! Love and hugs - TheBigO :-)

You can keep your love and hugs you hippy :shades: .

If you and your team are starting a new night then we would like to know all about it. :thumbsup:

I would like to book my table now. whistling.gif

Doc

[quote name='TheBigO'

whistling.gif New venue opening soon as well, beautiful ballroom, large stage, top line-up and above all great across the board music. Soul club like they used to be!!! At the moment we are trailing this as a 'Roll With Me Henry!' evening. Full details to follow as soon as.....

hi nigel

as one of the co promoters can i ask how many of the other plinston nights have you attended ?

You can keep your love and hugs you hippy thumbsup.gif .

If you and your team are starting a new night then we would like to know all about it. :thumbsup:

I would like to book my table now. :shades:

Doc

your tables already reserved doc :ohmy:

Only time will answer your question NigelT, I don't think it has, just the usual promotion problem of too many venues and too few punters (as stated earlier.) The numbers have been down recently, to around 280 from the usual 350+, but working on getting that back up again now that Summer is over. As for the anniversary night had a mixed feedback, some say great night (see elsewhere on this site) and others said just OK but you are entitled to your opinion. I'd like to think that all venues, not just ours, aren't judged on one night otherwise there wouldn't be any venues for people to attend!

As for the new venue it's a smaller night and I am negotiating with management to book the venue so hence no details for you lot yet :-)

numbers aint going up at any venues are they.

last couple of years have seen more events and less punters.

plinstons no different.you may well get 300 in but you really need another couple of hundred to fill it and give it some atmosphere.

a hall half the size would be more than ok for the numbers through the door.

thumbsup.gif

Only time will answer your question NigelT, I don't think it has, just the usual promotion problem of too many venues and too few punters (as stated earlier.) The numbers have been down recently, to around 280 from the usual 350+, but working on getting that back up again now that Summer is over. As for the anniversary night had a mixed feedback, some say great night (see elsewhere on this site) and others said just OK but you are entitled to your opinion. I'd like to think that all venues, not just ours, aren't judged on one night otherwise there wouldn't be any venues for people to attend!

As for the new venue it's a smaller night and I am negotiating with management to book the venue so hence no details for you lot yet :-)

:thumbsup: Hi Big O i wonder if its the famous Broadway Hotel Ballroom ??.its been noted that youve been sneaking in the area of late my spies are all around you know.If it is well done me and taff tried to get it for a soul nite a long time ago they were totaly against the idea unless we held an afternoon TEA DANCE so our answer was as you can imagine B******S.Best of luck in the new venture if it goes I WILL ATTEND of course

heres hoping Toby (Letchworth) :shades:

numbers aint going up at any venues are they. No they aren't!

last couple of years have seen more events and less punters. Agreed

plinstons no different.you may well get 300 in but you really need another couple of hundred to fill it and give it some atmosphere.

a hall half the size would be more than ok for the numbers through the door. Hence my post elsewhere saying we are moving it all into the Main Hall from January

hi nigel

if what you say is true and an event is only as good as the last one then we would have nowhere to dance because at some point or another every event has had a less than satisfactory night and any promoter worth his salt would tell you that.

i am also aware that you have not voiced your opinion to either myself the big o or any other of the 60s mafia,which if you knew us would be worth your while as we try and address all concerns/issues

on a more positve not on our worst night we have still had in excess of 200 people and most are very complimentary

kind regards

is this gonna be in herts and if so do you recon it will work.

seams a lot of do,s on that way at the mo.

no disrespect but i wonder if the likes of plinston have had there day.

last 3/4 times ive been up its half full and think it reflects on the night.

not knocking the music just wonder if having a smaller venue would be better.

seams not enough punters to go round these days.

even some of the smaller do,s arnt busy.

when you state its gonna be like soul clubs used to be.does that mean no modern as it wernt around back then

top of the world stafford/morecombe pier/clifton hall/100 club/southgate all played "modern"