Can't Stop Smiling

Guest Dan

not often i can justify spending the dough that really big records cost now

wanted one of these for 20+ years now, never, ever thought i'd have one, always missed any for sale

but it finally arrived today, the greatest northern soul double sider of them all i think

tears in my eyes, silly grin on my face, speakers distorting

neighbours probably calling the cops

funny what these blooming little bits of plastic do to you

not wanting to sound big-time, just had to post on here and share these tunes with anyone who wants them

what record have you waited longest for??

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

Valerie Lamar - Shame.

Gutted I missed Dave Thorley play it due to chatting to Janine at Stoke - Stafford reunion.

It took me twenty years to track down the Ann Sexton cover from Stafford. And it was a producer of the Northern Soul show on Radio two who tipped me off. A week later Dave had sold me a copy. I was a few quid lighter but immeasurably richer.

Then a week or two later Tony Smith said he has had one for years :D

Congrats on the record Dan. You described getting it beautifully. You should maybe take up writing you know

Edited by in town Mikey
Social source share

Valerie Lamar - Shame.

Gutted I missed Dave Thorley play it due to chatting to Janine at Stoke - Stafford reunion.

It took me twenty years to track down the Ann Sexton cover from Stafford. And it was a producer of the Northern Soul show on Radio two who tipped me off. A week later Dave had sold me a copy. I was a few quid lighter but immeasurably richer.

Then a week or two later Tony Smith said he has had one for years :D

haven't you since found valerie herself mike, which must have been an even greater buzz?

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

haven't you since found valerie herself mike, which must have been an even greater buzz?

I did Dan, and it was the buzz of all buzzes.

She even invited me over to Illinois to a Gospel music festival she was singing at, a few weeks back.

Unfortunately the communication ceased about March/April time. I have heard nothing since and couldnt afford to fly to Chicago on the off chance she might remember the annoying English guy.

I did pass on the details to Dave Thorley, before one of his trips to the States, but he had no luck getting in touch with her either.

I also got in touch with Ray Pattis' daughter, (another singer on the Dee Dee lable). She was singing at the same festival as Valerie. And Penny Pendleton an engineer on all the Dee Dee tracks was emailing me for a while too.

It must be my way with the ladies though. I haven't heard from either of them in a while either. :lol::lol:

Social source share

Probably just a phase you are going through.

How long has this been going on?

:lol::lol::lol:

short term memory gone col so can't say

could be a week, could be 23 years, three months and 17 days...

Unfortunately the communication ceased about March/April time.

but at least you found her and now she knows :lol:

Social source share

not often i can justify spending the dough that really big records cost now

wanted one of these for 20+ years now, never, ever thought i'd have one, always missed any for sale

but it finally arrived today, the greatest northern soul double sider of them all i think

tears in my eyes, silly grin on my face, speakers distorting

neighbours probably calling the cops

funny what these blooming little bits of plastic do to you

not wanting to sound big-time, just had to post on here and share these tunes with anyone who wants them

I,ve Had my holy grail a few years now but it took me 20 years to get it.

Seven Souls, I still Love You. Okeh Issue

Social source share

October 1987 til September 2003 - 16 years

"Little Walter and The Admirations" Man O Man..........

Heard at the 100 club and secured a while later........

Still my wifes all time favourite tune......reminds her of when we were kids and new to the scene..

Social source share

October 1987 til September 2003 - 16 years

"Little Walter and The Admirations" Man O Man..........

Heard at the 100 club and secured a while later........

Still my wifes all time favourite tune......reminds her of when we were kids and new to the scene..

now you are talking ian

that's my other big want, came very close a few months back but missed out

always asssociated in my mind with 100 club nighters of my youth, 1985/6-ish

if anyone wants to sell one... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I've been after Show Some Sign - JD Leadbetter and Victoria Adams - Verve for ages, about ten years but never see it anywhere. I've missed out on ebay a couple of times and i know it's not a particularly rare record and only goes for £30 at most.

weird how some things just pass you by. :thumbsup:

records i'd love to own are usually way out of my price range anyway.

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

I've been after Show Some Sign - JD Leadbetter and Victoria Adams - Verve for ages, about ten years but never see it anywhere. I've missed out on ebay a couple of times and i know it's not a particularly rare record and only goes for £30 at most.

==============

mine was the legends - deep inside on pumpkin

didnt think i was EVER going to get it but dis

still after Sammy Lee on Promco ?

Social source share

Top choon, I've been after this for ages too, saw some shyster with one at the 100 Club maybe 18 months ago, had no idea what it was, so bunged £100 ++ on it & would not listen to reason, it'll be mine one day tho'

Russ

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!