• Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest the dukester

Not sure if this works, if not great song anyway whistling.gif

https://www.timmion.com

YES THE CHARTS IN FINLAND ARE BETTER THAN IN BRITAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6'Ts SOUL MUSIC RECORDED IN 2005!!!!!!!! & CHEAPER!!!!!!!

ttp://www.timmion.com/mp3/ifthisaintlove.mp3

MORE CHEAP UNS'

SHARON JONES - JUST DROPPED IN

DATHEN JONES - CONTRACT ON LOVE

FIRST CHOICE - SALSOUL 2 SIDER - CANT TAKE IT WITH YOU /GAMBLE ON LOVE

LIZ DAMON - YOUR FALLING IN LOVE

WHATNAUTS - HELP IS ON THE WAY

STEVIE WONDER - ALL I DO

THE MORE FUNKY SOUND - (JASONwink.gif)

YOU + ME = LOVE - UNDISPUTED TRUTH

A BRASS CONSTRUCTION RE-WORK - TAKE IT EASY

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone heard the baby crying at the end of the record :thumbsup: soemone just posted this on an audio group and it was pointed out. Can't say I noticed it first time round but there's definately a baby crying :D:unsure:
Yeah ive heard it--- either that or somebodys having their nuts bit off by a laplander
Social source share

And I've just had an email from Jukka at Timmion Records to say it's completely sold out.

Glad I got mine last week Dave, Jukka tells me he is overwhelmed by the response to the record from the UK, a wonderful record that must be a dancefloor winner :unsure: , see you at the 100 Club mate,

:thumbsup:Lenny T

Social source share

Winner probably but how long before it's hammered to death and everyone sick of hearing it :thumbsup:

I've no doubts about that Chalks, still its fresh at the moment so lets enjoy for the time being, I think the scene is crying out for newer stuff like this, wil be interesting to see how long it lasts :unsure:

Lenny

Social source share

I've no doubts about that Chalks, still its fresh at the moment so lets enjoy for the time being, I think the scene is crying out for newer stuff like this, wil be interesting to see how long it lasts :D

Lenny

afraid I got to disagree :thumbsup: lots of better proper 60's soul that can be played, IMHO :D personally don't think it will last long, heard it once today and fed up with it already :unsure:

Edited by chalky
Social source share

I've no doubts about that Chalks, still its fresh at the moment so lets enjoy for the time being, I think the scene is crying out for newer stuff like this, wil be interesting to see how long it lasts :unsure:

Lenny

Do you not find the new release stuff gets 'tired' a lot quicker though? Been a few new 60s-sounding things I've liked in the last couple of years but don't think they have the staying power - does anyone still play Frank Popp -Breakaway, for example?... maybe we get a bit caught up in the novelty of a new record sounding 60s? :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Do you not find the new release stuff gets 'tired' a lot quicker though? Been a few new 60s-sounding things I've liked in the last couple of years but don't think they have the staying power - does anyone still play Frank Popp -Breakaway, for example?... maybe we get a bit caught up in the novelty of a new record sounding 60s? :thumbsup:

i agree totally .... it'll be another sven zetterberg ... buy it , hold it for a month or two(or until goldmine re-issue it) and then pick your timing right to sell it

Davie

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Nicole Willis, Frank Popp, Sven Zetterberg = IMITATION SOUL :angry: :thumbsup:

Didn't Simon Soussan used to make imitation soul records :unsure:

Stick with the real deal :D

soulmac.

i would have thought john that a man like yourself who appreciates new releases would embrace new stuff ..... or is the fact that sven and frank popp are white a problem ..

so what is the real deal and why ( by the way i think that new tune is shite and repetitive )

Davie

Social source share

i would have thought john that a man like yourself who appreciates new releases would embrace new stuff ..... or is the fact that sven and frank popp are white a problem ..

so what is the real deal and why ( by the way i think that new tune is shite and repetitive )

Davie

I'm not clued up enough about new releases :ohmy: but I don't like these retro sounding tunes :angry:

As for the real deal it certainly ain't that Elvis Presley tune you play Davie :D he's white too :yes: or the speeded up version or Stormy that sounds like Pinky and Perky :shades: The real deal is SOUL music and not just some tune with the right beat that you can dance to :wicked:

soulmac :D

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

I'm not clued up enough about new releases :ohmy: but I don't like these retro sounding tunes :angry:

As for the real deal it certainly ain't that Elvis Presley tune you play Davie :D he's white too :yes: or the speeded up version or Stormy that sounds like Pinky and Perky :shades: The real deal is SOUL music and not just some tune with the right beat that you can dance to :wicked:

soulmac :D

do i have to mention johnny cash?

oh and as for stormy .... other people seem to like it , so who's to say

and elvis , well that tune has been played on the mod scene for a while by much better than me

Social source share

Nichole Willis certainly gets my vote (if someone had told me it was a late 60's release on Cadet I'd have swallowed it hook line and sinker) - as did Sven Zetterberg, Dathan Jones, Darrell Nulisch and Tutu Jones.

If it helps, I'm told the first run of Nichole Willis sold out and a second run has been done with a different coloured label. So that might help people like it if the first one becomes rarer than the second. :wicked:

Social source share

Mr Colin Curtis to Mr Alan Day circa 1972, "got some great tunes to play at the Torch tonight "My Mans a Sweet Man by Millie Jackson and a nice mover by First Choice called This is the House, both been released this week"..........."You cant play them Col they're retro soul" :wicked:

I can accept folk don't like them because they 'don't like em' though to dismiss them because the performers/producers have had the audacity to attempt to put a 60's feel into a 2005 record I find rather sad if not pompous.

I play em in my set because A) I like them and B- get asked to play em, I certainly don't convince myself that they're good because they're cheap, you only have to listen to Vince Montana, out this week on Vinyl and is top tune in my house by a long way, awesome record.

Anyway, as it always has done for the 35 years Ive been doing this boll-ocks, its those that pay to enter a venue and dance that ultimately dictate whether its going to be a NS winner or not, and on that front I'm afraid Nicole Willis is a winner in this part of the world.

Edited by PaulDonely
Social source share

Nichole Willis certainly gets my vote (if someone had told me it was a late 60's release on Cadet I'd have swallowed it hook line and sinker) - as did Sven Zetterberg, Dathan Jones, Darrell Nulisch and Tutu Jones.

If it helps, I'm told the first run of Nichole Willis sold out and a second run has been done with a different coloured label. So that might help people like it if the first one becomes rarer than the second. whistling.gif

It's actually the second run of red labels that has sold out. the black labels went about two months ago.

Social source share

It's actually the second run of red labels that has sold out. the black labels went about two months ago.

Dave is this the track you played at NMD in August (or July? don't time fly)) and you told me to buy one of you whistling.gif

Social source share

So just to get this clear- the black label is the first one and that sold out two months ago and there were two runs of the red label and the second run of the red label has also sold out now ?

Social source share

So just to get this clear- the black label is the first one and that sold out two months ago and there were two runs of the red label and the second run of the red label has also sold out now ?

I'll put this into plain English for you. whistling.gif

THERE ARE NONE LEFT

¨Didin't someone give it a spin at Crewe a couple of weeks ago? :thumbsup:

If you mean the Middleton niter that was held at Crewe, yes it was played, twice actually.

Social source share

I'll put this into plain English for you. :thumbsup:

THERE ARE NONE LEFT

Thank you, David. Plain English is always best I think. :D

But to put it plainly that isn't the answer to the question though is it ?

:)whistling.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!