Soulsville & Sscdt All - Dayer

Soulsville & SSCDT brings you an

All Dayer

Basement 11 York Place, Leeds City Centre, LS1 2DS.

If you haven't been before, expect a tight little cellar bar that is full of atmosphere, and full of superb music.

Bringing you 12 hours of Soul Sounds and Silliness. This is gonna be a light-hearted get together but seriously Soulful. For those that attended the 1st Anniversary you will know what we are talking about.

11.30am - 12 Jamie & Rich

12 - 1 Brett (if he's sober enough)

1 - 2 Neil Page (of World's on Fire Fame)

2 - 3 Dave & Princess Nini of Snowland

3 - 4 Pikeys Dog

4 - 5 Pat & John

5 - 6 Shute

6 - 7 Andy F

7 - 8 Arthur Grimshaw (we have no idea who this bloke is! :lol: )

8 - 9 Karen (less said the better :lol: )

9 - 10 Barry May

10 - 11 Mike Hughes Ack (top Welsh DJ and SS Boss :lol: )

11 - 11.30pm Jamie & Rich

Capacity at just over 100, so get there early before it fills up. Regular haunt of Soul Source members, so make sure you come down and say hello!!!

Hot Bar Food will be available for purchase during the day.

Entry is FREE! But we will be running a (very loosely related to) Soul Quiz on the night, entrance fee's will be a couple of quid each. The prizes for this are as follows

1st Prize - Drinks Voucher :lol:

2nd Prize - Drinks Voucher :lol:

3rd Prize - Mystery record pack :lol:

4th Prize - Large tin of Thorntons 'out of date' toffees :P

5th Prize - Mystery Surprise :lol:

Incase of a draw for first prize the winner will be judged on the best drawing of a given topic, so remember to bring your crayons along kid's. The judges decision will be (corrupt) and final.

Accommodation

Leeds Hilton are doing a two night break offer for two people, to include an evening meal on the first night, then B&B for two mornings for £139 all in, hilton.co.uk/autumnoffers or call quoting offer p36aut

or

If 4 sharing this really is a bargain as it includes breakfast for two and that alone is £14 each if not pre-booked, its the crowne plaza about 3 mins walk to the event. Parking over night at this hotel on a Saturday is £6.

2 DOUBLE BEDS SMOKING

WITH TEA AND COFFEE FACILITIES COMPLIMENTARY MINERAL WATER HAIR DRYER AIR CONDITIONING TROUSER PRESS IRON AND IRONING BOARD SKY TELEVISION PAY MOVIES

3 Day Advance With Breakfast

£78.00 (GBP) PER ROOM, PER NIGHT

SERVICE CHARGE: INCLUDED IN RATE EFFECTIVE 29 OCTOBER, 2005 THRU 30 OCTOBER, 2005, EXCLUDES GRATUITY, 4 PERSON(S) PER ROOM MAXIMUM DESCRIPTION: Breakfast for up to 2 adults included. Non refundable prepayment applies. Credit card is charged between time of booking and day of arrival.

For any other event Info please contact:

Jamie Hartford: 07739 917972 email: jamien1@btinternet.com

Rich Buckley: 07799 846629 email: richard.buckley@granadamedia.com

Janine Snow: 07734865283 email: ForeverMod@aol.com

Note: if a later licence is obtained there will be 15 min's added to each set

Edited by Janine
  • Replies 220
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Soulsville & SSCDT brings you an

All Dayer

Basement 11 York Place, Leeds City Centre, LS1 2DS.

If you haven't been before, expect a tight little cellar bar that is full of atmosphere, and full of superb music.

Bringing you 12 hours of Soul Sounds and Silliness. This is gonna be a light-hearted get together but seriously Soulful. For those that attended the 1st Anniversary you will know what we are talking about.

12 - 1 Brett (if he's sober enough)

Janine, the bar will only have been open an hour...........you saying i can't drink... :lol:

Looks like a gauntlet has been thrown down :lol:

Janine, the bar will only have been open an hour...........you saying i can't drink... :lol:

Looks like a gauntlet has been thrown down :lol:

Must admit, I did chuckle :lol:

Would also like to point out it's the Soulsville 2nd Anniversary, and the first 50 will receive a souvenir CD. Should have about 28 tracks on, compiled from Rich's excellent and Jamie's Fisher Price record collections.

Just out of interest, did anyone actually listen to their CD last year??

Jamie

Edited by Jamie

Would also like to point out it's the Soulsville 2nd Anniversary, and the first 50 will receive a souvenir CD. Should have about 28 tracks on, compiled from Rich's excellent and Jamie's Fisher Price record collections.

Jamie

Sounds most excellent, will definitely get over for this one....the hotels sound reasonable as well :lol:

Has everyone forgotten about the small matter of a Soul night tomorrow night :lol: ...See you there....Tony :lol:

Jamie

Sill play it in the car Jimbob, Brenda & the tabulations..that's in the past, seemed to stand out if I remember..... :thumbsup:

The cover had Dognuts on for some reason...... whistling.gif

Sill play it in the car Jimbob, Brenda & the tabulations..that's in the past, seemed to stand out if I remember..... :thumbsup:

The cover had Dognuts on for some reason...... whistling.gif

You're right Johnners,

In fact, I'd go as far as to say Mr Buckley was responsible for the Brenda & Tabs getting spins last & this year.

Wasn't the interest in it until Richie boy banged it on that CD.

Then again, it could have been coincidence :D

Sounds most excellent, will definitely get over for this one....the hotels sound reasonable as well :lol:

Has everyone forgotten about the small matter of a Soul night tomorrow night :P ...See you there....Tony :lol:

Glad you're coming, be great to see you over the border in the Green and fertile land that is Yorkshire :P

I didn't get one last year whistling.gif

Yes you did.

Dave went and got himself a Brenda & Tabs at the 100 the following week after hearing it on the CD.

So ner :thumbsup:

I definitely didn't get one ... probably cos I wasn't there whistling.gif Any going spare? And please can you save me one for this year as I doubt we'll be first 50 through the door - cos Shute is bound to get us lost in Leeds :thumbsup:

No worries, if anyone wants a copy of last years just let us know, we'll burn you a copy off.

Mand, consider one saved for you. And Mr Shute of course :lol:

Jamie

Yes you did.

Dave went and got himself a Brenda & Tabs at the 100 the following week after hearing it on the CD.

So ner :thumbsup:

remember buying the Brenda and the Tabs - but dont remember becuase it was on the cd (only played the cd once in the car on way home from leeds)

So Dave got a CD then? :yes:

i think we both got one? if not i think i ended up with it

Here's our CD from the forthcoming Soulsville 2nd Anniversary All-Dayer on the 29th Oct. You're welcome to give your opinion on it, Good or Bad, yeah and Pete-S too :P

2. Lilly Fields I've Got To Tell You Holton

2. Monorays Love 20th Century

3. Four Shades My World Ronn

4. Two People Stop (Leave My Heart Alone) Revue

5. Nicole Willis If This Aint Love Timmion

6. Summitts I Can't Get Over Losing you Dontee

7. Willie Wade Come Into My World Nite Life

8. Chryslers with the Monarchs Band I'm Not Gonna Lose You Je Jody

9. Montclairs Hey You, Don't Fight It Arch

10. Moses Smith Come On And Let Me Love You Cotillion

11. Jimmie Ellis Happy To Be Century City

12. Towana & The Total Destruction Help Me Get That Feelin' Back Again Romark

13. Joe Bataan So Fine Fania

14. Jon Lucien Search For The Inner Self Ampex

15. Tony Drake Suddenly Brunswick

16. Eddie Kendricks Date With The Rain Tamla

17. JJ Caillier Pusherman Jay Cee

18. Brothers Of Love You Changed Me Blue Rock

19. Ascots Just A Few Feet From The Gutter American Playboy

20. Notations I Can't Stop Twinight

21. TSU Toronados Please Heart Don't Break Rampart Street

22. Brothers Of Love Check My Love Blue Rock

23. Sebastian Williams Get Your Point Over Ovide

24. Tony Fox Love, Let Love And Be Loved Blaster LP

25. Masterpiece Love Affair YPSI

26. Odyssey Our Lives Are Shaped By What We Love Mowest

27. Buck It's Going To Be Alright Playboy

I'll have an answer later today whether we've been granted an extension while 1:00am. Either way, we're still starting at 11:30am!!!!

Anyone who still requires accommodation details please get in touch.

Cheers,

Jamie

Guest Ste Brazil

I'll have an answer later today whether we've been granted an extension while 1:00am. Either way, we're still starting at 11:30am!!!!

Crikey...it's gonna get messy!? :lol::shades:laugh.gif

Edited by Ste Brazil

I cant belive no one has tried to bribe me for the quiz questions and answers yet! your all being very well behaved :thumbsup:

Your too expensive to bribe, you only want diamonds :rolleyes::lol:

Well Mr & Mrs Peasant are on there way up north. We've just booked up a room, not in the Crown Plaza though, too up market for the likes of us! yes.gif

Great stuff!!!

Make sure you've got your passport for the long trip Oop Norf blush.gif

Jimbob ohmy.gif

Well Mr & Mrs Peasant are on there way up north. We've just booked up a room, not in the Crown Plaza though, too up market for the likes of us! yes.gif

It will be really good to see you again Ian blush.gif

Will everyone be there for the 11am start?.......Hope so because entry after 11am is £24..not certain whether Jamie mentioned that....apparently the entrance fee will increase by £10 on the hour, by the hour.....it is in aid of 3 Yorkshiremen (well one isn't really from Yorkshire but Wales...but we can work around that). Heard there is also a strict dress code.....Ladies in those Playboy bunny outfits..(Hell we don't make the rules tongue.gif )

A memory of the Derby all -dayer that always brings a smile to my face is when (Downstairs) a couple of locals were on the bandit machine...to their right was the wonderful Neil Page resplendent in his signature shirt and tie, spinning obscure vinyl records (These non soulies were already shook by music they never knew existed) then hovering close by was the notorious Lagerlout with a workmans illuminous vest on bearing the legend "Security" amid all this were the rest of "Us lot" with magnificent name badges stuck to our chests......then to cap it all..directly left to the Bandit playing locals was a Welsh solicitor an inch from the wall taking pictures with his camera of the faded portraits of Derby County footballers from yesteryear.

Good comedy writes itself..

Brett

Edited by Brett

A memory of the Derby all -dayer that always brings a smile to my face is when (Downstairs) a couple of locals were on the bandit machine...to their right was the wonderful Neil Page resplendent in his signature shirt and tie, spinning obscure vinyl records (These non soulies were already shook by music they never knew existed) then hovering close by was the notorious Lagerlout with a workmans illuminous vest on bearing the legend "Security" amid all this were the rest of "Us lot" with magnificent name badges stuck to our chests......then to cap it all..directly left to the Bandit playing locals was a Welsh solicitor an inch from the wall taking pictures with his camera of the faded portraits of Derby County footballers from yesteryear.

Good comedy writes itself..

Brett

Oh well done Brett, thats brought it all back LOL , funny though as we all count ourselves as 'normal' tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Goona be a great day, ......are we doing name badges again or is that old hat ?. So many great memories of the Derby alldayer, and I'm sure, in fact postive that Oct 29th will be just as good. Wish I could be there at the start, unfortunatly late afternoon seems to be realistic for me.....Arthur Grimshaw tongue.gif

im very sorry but unable to make this event now, hope you all have a good time biggrin.gif

Olaf your sounding like Mandy, but hell at least come up with some lame excuse...... yes.gifyes.gif

Goona be a great day, ......are we doing name badges again or is that old hat ?. So many great memories of the Derby alldayer, and I'm sure, in fact postive that Oct 29th will be just as good. Wish I could be there at the start, unfortunatly late afternoon seems to be realistic for me.....Arthur Grimshaw tongue.gif

Name badges Arthur are so last summer........hell i suggest party hats with the name crayoned on the garish crepe hat.

Edited by Brett

im very sorry but unable to make this event now, hope you all have a good time tongue.gif

Oh thats a shame Olaf as Ali and John can't be there either, I wonder if thats connected in any way biggrin.gif

I will certainly be sorry not to be able to meet you yes.gif

Kinell Olaf, Karen is never going to believe you are a real person ROTFPML

Olaf your sounding like Mandy, but hell at least come up with some lame excuse...... tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Name badges Arthur are so last summer........hell i suggest party hats with the name crayoned on the garish crepe hat.

How about all the DJ's have to make a hat to wear when they DJ? im sure we can think of some rotten penalty for those who don't bother!!!! a big hat with a D on it LOL

Kinell Olaf, Karen is never going to believe you are a real person ROTFPML

How about all the DJ's have to make a hat to wear when they DJ? im sure we can think of some rotten penalty for those who don't bother!!!! a big hat with a D on it LOL

If you bring those Welsh bonnets Ms Snow, then i'll swear i'll wretch..(imagine a voice not unlike one of those awful Southern American cheerleader types)....Ueeewwwww

Olaf your sounding like Mandy, but hell at least come up with some lame excuse...... biggrin.gifyes.gif

Things looking a bit better at the moment - I forgot rug rat is going to Disney on Ice with the nanny so that's one problem out the way .... just got to knit a balaclava and chose the bank before next Friday tongue.gifyes.gif

Mandy I will happily buy you a large bottle off white lightening if you come along LOL

No Brett, I will be making my hat this year.......... and it's all your fault so best get that daughter of yours a set of paints LOL

Jamie/Janine, you should reverse the title in the Post heading..people are just seeing the date, think you ought to put Soulsville all dayer as the header.

Brett

Janines just changed it Brett. Hope to see a few SS people there, looking forward to this :lol: