SARAH WEBSTER FABIO ?

Another album that i would like to have : Jujus (Alchemy Of The Blues) by Sarah Webster Fabio, only got it on a re-issue, cannot seem to find an original anywhere (anyone help?) If you don't know it, it is a sort of soul/funk/poet affair, really only want it for the "Sweet Songs" track.

yours Brett

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Stuart T

This was going for £250 last time I saw an original for sale, it is very rare. Have you tried the obvious places like Soul Brother in Putney? As far as I recall the reissue is a better quality pressing. I think I sold my copy years ago, but I might still have it. If I come across it I'll let you know.

Social source share

Hey Stuart thanks for the reply, yeah i know the LP is hard to find, to be honest i have never seen the original. (first heard the "Sweet Songs" while in Jazzman's in Camden on a sunday a long time ago, and that fella just played pretend bongos on the counter at a thunderous pace, i was totally mesmerised by the whole affair, and decided i needed that piece of 12" vinyl ! )

Social source share

• 6 months later...

greetings from New Orleans

i have just posted on eBay a near mint original Folkways LP copy of

Sarah Webster Fabio JUJUS Alchemy of the Blues

Folkways Records FL 9714 from 1976

with the original insert

i have also posted a bunch of Casio keyboards if anyone is interested and lots of other vinyl.

and i have a bunch of LPs and 7"s that i haven't yet posted .

let me know what you're looking for.

https://stores.ebay.com/anthonyturduckens-store?refid=store

anthonyturducken

IMG_7182.JPG

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!