Craig Moerers Rare Stuff

Blake H

Just had my monthly trawl through Craigs soul rarities and theres some nice stuff indeed, been a while since I've seen a Eddie Foster (in) for sale. A couple of things struck me though, are most of the UK dealers buying from him and just hyping up his prices? Seems to be a lot of duplicity. I was suprised to see Bernie Milton "60/40" at $600, is this about right, seems dear to me, BH whistling.gif:thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 30
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just had my monthly trawl through Craigs soul rarities and theres some nice stuff indeed, been a while since I've seen a Eddie Foster (in) for sale. A couple of things struck me though, are most of the UK dealers buying from him and just hyping up his prices? Seems to be a lot of duplicity. I was suprised to see Bernie Milton "60/40" at $600, is this about right, seems dear to me, BH :lol::lol:

It may pay you to wait I saw a WILLIE WADE- WHEN PUSH COMES TO SHOVE at$1000 a few weeks later it was down to $750

Social source share

think he's had several copies of it actually pete

craig's not cheap any more that's for sure but very few are

joe dunlop used to be very reasonable but even joe has become a bit more expensive

can't say i blame him/them

i'd rather sell one record at $1000 than 1,000 at $1!

Social source share

always had best service from cmoerer and never any grading issues can't say that for other big dealers

Strange, but have you noticed how his VG+ records sometimes are in

better shape than his M- :thumbsup: ?! Agree on your views though - great service etc.

He may be expensive on some stuff (where you English guys are even worse mind!),

but still some nice and cheap bargains to be had.

Best,

CB

Edited by cC B
Social source share

If unhappy with Craigs prices go elsewhere and find a copy... :thumbsup: No complaints from the dealings I've had with him in the past, great service.

Most records will probably have their day at some stage and Craig unlike some can probably affortd to sit and wait :thumbsup:

Dead right there Chalks, been ordering from him for years now first class fast service and very well packed items, there is quite a few bargains to be had on his site but its a hell of trawl through hundreds of pages to find them unless you are looking for something specific :unsure:

Social source share

Change the record for f*cks sake. Every time there's a discussion about dealers prices, someone comes out with that statement. We not allowed to discuss it then?

Get f*cked! All you read on hear most the time is the constant knocking of record dealers, oh and how cheap some are :thumbsup: Do we all have to agree that they are overpriced now :thumbsup:

Social source share

i've bought a fair bit of stuff from craig moerer over the years and i've got to say he's probably given the best service at usually reasonable prices. his grading is fantastic ... i've had vg+ stuff from him that is in better shape than mint stuff from some uk dealers. he packs his records well, they are clean (without the grit and dust i often get with some, but not all, uk dealers) and they arrive quickly. and if he's getting dear ... well, i don't mind paying a bit extra for the peace of mind of knowing i'm going to get a record in great condition.

Social source share

Get f*cked! All you read on hear most the time is the constant knocking of record dealers, oh and how cheap some are :thumbsup: Do we all have to agree that they are overpriced now :thumbsup:

No but we're all allowed to voice an opinion without some **** saying oh please stop moaning about poor record dealers. :graywanker:

Social source share

I only asked if one particular record was dear (Bernie Milton). It just struck me that uk dealers were buying from Craig as there seems a lot of familiar titles. I too have bought records for many years with no problems. I find his real bargains are major label stuff that has slipped through, (Zapp " Do you really want an answer" $5 steal) if your not chasing the same titles as everyone else he's your man. BH :thumbsup::thumbsup::unsure::P:P

Social source share

I have never said anywhere in this topic that it can't be discussed...read again.

I don't need to read again. Someone says so-and-so is expensive. You say if you don't like it, don't buy it from him, END OF CONVERSATION. You don't say - "what makes you say it's expensive or have you seen it cheaper", you just cut the conversation dead by saying don't buy it if you don't like the price.

Social source share

I don't need to read again. Someone says so-and-so is expensive. You say if you don't like it, don't buy it from him, END OF CONVERSATION. You don't say - "what makes you say it's expensive or have you seen it cheaper", you just cut the conversation dead by saying don't buy it if you don't like the price.

FIGHT! FIGHT! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Strange, but have you noticed how his VG+ records sometimes are in

better shape than his M- :rolleyes: ?! Agree on your views though - great service etc.

He may be expensive on some stuff (where you English guys are even worse mind!),

but still some nice and cheap bargains to be had.

Best,

CB

Never bought a vg+ nor received one in such condition listed m- from him before. Almost strange everything I've received been pristine think I'll buy a vg+ next few days to compare. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Jean-Marc

I've been buying from Craig since the eighties, and if his prices are now high on some rare items, he still have very reasonable prices for the less 'in-demand' tunes.

He never was the cheapest US dealer - but, I agree with what has been said about the condition and the quality of service.

Top dealer !

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!