The Bradford Allniter

The Basement Club

Tokyo Bradford

The Old Windsor Baths

Morley Street,

Bradford BD7 1AQ

Friday 19th August 2011

10pm-6am

Top DJ Lineup including Mick H, Dave Raistrick, Phil Dick, Trev Thomas, Derek Watmough, Phil Threlfall, Gibby & guests

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

Edited by phild
  • 2 months later...
  • Replies 46
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Event Title: Bradford All Niter

Event Author: phild

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Fri 19 August 2011

-------------------------------------------------

The Bradford Allniter

The Basement Club

Tokyo Bradford

The Old Windsor Baths

Morley Street,

Bradford BD7 1AQ

Friday 19th August 2011

10pm-6am

Top DJ Lineup including Mick H, Dave Raistrick, Phil Dick, Trev Thomas, Derek Watmough, Mark Bicknell & others TBA

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

Back in the fold lol best I start getting a few new tunes together, still won't be hard to go with some of the bits and bobs I've kept, good luck with the first night Phil.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

• 3 weeks later...

DJ Times :

10:00-11:00 - Guest, Rare & Underplayed Set

11:00-12:00 - Mark Bicknell

12:00-01:00 - Derek Watmough

01:00-02:00 - Mick H

02:00-03:00 - Dave Raistrick

03:00-04:00 - Phil Dick

04:00-05:00 - Trev Thomas

05:00-06:00 - Gibby

DJ Times :

11:00-12:00 - Mark Bicknell

2am - 3am Good stuff Phil, I will be bringing a record bar, can you please reserve some sales table space?

Thanks Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Due to Mark Bicknell now being unavilable to DJ, we have drafted in the services of the excellent Mr Phil Threlfall

Updated DJ's & Times :

11:00-12:00 - Phil Threlfall

Queens Hall was always a bangin nighter - even with the over sprung dance floor, it was that springy i can remember a certain record dealers sales boxes being bounced off the tables and all over the floor!!

Anyways whats this venue like in terms of its size??

Queens Hall was always a bangin nighter - even with the over sprung dance floor, it was that springy i can remember a certain record dealers sales boxes being bounced off the tables and all over the floor!!

Anyways whats this venue like in terms of its size??

It's very similar to the downstairs room at Queens Hall, and its right next door.

Phil

i'll turn up if mick h finally gets round to doing my cd (what was that you told me sat afternoon in the modern room at cleethorpes......... 8 weeks?!)

Next door to Queens Hall!!

Is that place still standing?

Even better is that place available to hold a nighter still?

Dont much care if it still stinks of piss, it's a proper nighter venue.

It's still standing, but now is a Flares/Reflex bar/club. Complete with a massive bar right in the middle of the dancefloor :ohmy:

Edited by phild

I can't make it now - husband is working tomorrow and I can't be trusted to be home before he needs to go out - nor can I cope with the children if I've had no sleep

maybe next time!

I can't make it now - husband is working tomorrow and I can't be trusted to be home before he needs to go out - nor can I cope with the children if I've had no sleep

maybe next time!

That's a shame :(

Sorry cant make this one due to work, hope all goes well the 1st one was a brill night!!..See you at the next, and hope all goes well tonight.. :hatsoff2:

See you next time mate, and out and about before.

This'll be tomorrow then :ohmy: . Better get some records in a box at some stage. Will be accompanied by at least one of Mr and Mrs Livesey. Really looking forward to it

Hi Phil, Would of liked to come and supported you but unfortunately "H" is looking after another shop and daren't risk being late! Catch up soon mate. Atb John & Helen.

Had a cracking night at Tokyo Bradford, my brief thoughts/review are as follows;

Set off from a 50th do in Hull for the 2 hour train journey (with changes) to Bradford - communicated with Phil D in the morning and received a prompt and friendly response, thanks for that Phil, was much appreciated.

Pluses; Very friendly venue, made some new friends and had chats with various other folk i'd never met before, ideal mix of belting oldies that had you heading straight to the dancefloor, some cracking dancers to watch, some rarer/unknown sounds, and mix of tempos - reasonably priced grog and decent door staff who kept out the p*** heads

Minuses; Booming music from the venue upstairs often detracted/almost drowned out the soul at times, far better obviously when they closed ~2.30-3am, but perhaps the management could tweak with a few less decibels/bass?

All in all pluses far outweighed the minuses, thanks to Phil and all concerned, will definately be back in Oct/Dec

Had a cracking night at Tokyo Bradford, my brief thoughts/review are as follows;

Set off from a 50th do in Hull for the 2 hour train journey (with changes) to Bradford - communicated with Phil D in the morning and received a prompt and friendly response, thanks for that Phil, was much appreciated.

Pluses; Very friendly venue, made some new friends and had chats with various other folk i'd never met before, ideal mix of belting oldies that had you heading straight to the dancefloor, some cracking dancers to watch, some rarer/unknown sounds, and mix of tempos - reasonably priced grog and decent door staff who kept out the p*** heads

Minuses; Booming music from the venue upstairs often detracted/almost drowned out the soul at times, far better obviously when they closed ~2.30-3am, but perhaps the management could tweak with a few less decibels/bass?

All in all pluses far outweighed the minuses, thanks to Phil and all concerned, will definately be back in Oct/Dec

Glad you enjoyed it.

The intermittent noise from upstairs will be sorted for next one. They had an A levbel results party the night before and all the sound systems in both up and down had been messed about with.

We didn't know this until we turned up at 9pm, so there was no time to sort it properly.

For the next one, we will be going in to set up at lunch time whicjh will give us ample time to deal with the issues.

Cheers

Phil

Source Advert