Help i'm going Barcelona

mischief

Can anyone help me, i'm off to Barcelona for the weekend on the 11th September..

Does anyone know of any clubs worth a visit, Theres 5 of us going and only me and Em into Northern, but it was suggested we go out clubbing Friday or Saturday night, I said i'm not going clubbing, I was told no worries they will go where I want..

HELP, I don't want to go to a normal club... People look at me like i'm wierd when i'm on the dance floor...

Also anyone know of any second hand record shops out there?

Many thanks

Mischief

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Half way up Las Ramblas there is a street on the left hand side that has a cluster of second hand record shops close together. I had time for just a quick look last year and didn't find anything of interest. One shop had sign up saying it sold R&B but the owner was pulling down the shutters for lunch when I approached and wouldn't reopen so I never found out what we had - maybe more blues/rock then soul but you never know!

Social source share

This doesn't really answer your question or have anything specifically to do with soul music, but it's a story that always makes me chuckle...

A couple of years ago a mate of mine was doing a degree in Fine Art as a mature student, and he and his course were sent to Barcelona for a field trip. He'd been to Barcelona a few times and fancied himself as an old hand, well capable of showing his younger colleagues a thing or two about the local nightlife.

After a long evening spent downing Absinthe in the bars of Las Ramblas, he'd become disengaged from the rest of his party. Refreshed but disorientated, he tried to ask a local for directions back to his hotel. The friendly local whipped out a knife and demanded his (fake) Rolex.

Stumbling on, he then came upon another group of blokes who, again at knifepoint, relieved him of his wallet and passport. Walking through a maze of unknown streets in stunned frustration, he kicked the nearest thing at hand, a traffic cone, across the street. He looked up and to his horror saw the traffic cone bounce across the street end-over-end in slow motion and hit a parked police car, containing four coppers enjoying an early morning cup of hot chocolate.

The unamused policemen then proceeded to pin him face down on the bonnet of the car and beat him maniacally across the arse and legs with truncheons. After a night in the cells and a six-hour queue for a replacement passport, he endured the flight back to Blighty in suitably shamefaced embarrassment to the accompaniment of a merciless ribbing by his teenage classmates.

At least the cabin crew let him stand up all the way to Heathrow...

Social source share

How about this one.

La Bo®te

Avda Diagonal, 477 (nr Pl. Francesc Maci¡). Buses: 6, 7, 15, 27, 33, 34, 63, 67, 68 & Nit Bus N8. Open 2300-0530 Mon-Thurs & Sun and 2300-0600 Fri & Sat. Entry 7-20 (depending on band) or 7.50 on club nights (no band). Entry includes a free beer or soft drink.

Busy live music club playing funk, Motown and soul. (Straight)

Social source share

Best place to start is a record shop called wah wah.

They also released some compilations of pama stuff.

Address is Riera Baixa, 14. Close to La Ramblas.

Good luck.

Social source share

Hi there..I have played tunes out there for God Save The 45 at club Razzmatazz..I also have mates who play soul and Reggae at Sugar bar..Not sure whats on this weekend but email my mate and i think they will help you..email...graeme@godsavethe45.co.uk..also check out is website for details of whats on in Barcelona..website title is also god save the 45...

Social source share

Hi mate

I was there for a week in January. Found no records, but did discover an interesting local collectors scene in Cava Bottle tops, the little things under the wiring. Plaza Real there's a market on Sundays, I think. Good food too from the restaurant at the back of the produce market off La Ramblas. Have a Cuarante Tres con hielo for me!

Paul

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!