Northern Soul Artists

Suinoz

We all know it's a well known fact that the biggest portion of artists that made our wonderful music were ' one hit wonders '. No fault of their own, they were just a product of their time and sadly most faded into obscurity. But let's not forget the ones that went on to make the ' big time ' commercially. I wonder if they would even remember cutting the all important tracks that have kept us dancing our socks of for the last 30 odd years. Two that spring to mind for me are Ike and Tina Turner and of couse the Pointer Sisters. Any you want to add please feel free. Stay soulful, Tony T BONE. OZ.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest WPaulVanDyk

If in terms of who made is commercially away from Northern soul then Candi Staton, Sam Cooke, the Driffters. All of which made either 1 or only a few Northern soul

to turn it round you also have Jackie Wilson who made a big lot of success for Northern soul tracks aswell as commercial music

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Has anyone asked Smokey about - I Care About Detroit? That would be a nice interview.

Gene Chandler obviously went on to do pretty well for himself. Even getting a name chack in Corrie (Gene Chandler? Who is she?)

Social source share

would it not be easier naming any well known soul artists who aint had any "northern exposure" ?

That could prove easier said then done Mike, as soon as a name/artist is posted there will be an 'anorak' that heard the said artists album track played in Oswaldtwistle bowling hut in May '72 or similar, :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

That could prove easier said then done Mike, as soon as a name/artist is posted there will be an 'anorak' that heard the said artists album track played in Oswaldtwistle bowling hut in May '72 or similar, :D

Were you there that night aswell? Lemon Drizzle :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert