Dream Record Of All Time

Impact

Bloody Good Question! And a hard one to answer depending on time of day and what kind of mood you're in! If pushed, I'd go with the following:

George Tindley - Ain't gonna worry about you. The one thing I had that I regret selling more than any other record, gives me goosebumps every time i hear it - just missed on on here a few weeks ago too, hadn't logged on for about a week - gutted!

:ohmy:

If I was going for the rare, rare stuff it would be one of the following:

Dancing A Hole In The World - Jimmy Delphs

Bring Your Fine Self Home - The Soulettes

hatsoff2.gif

Social source share

I got a copy of this in the early 90s and it did a disappearing act from my house when I got a visit from a "friend". Played it at the Blackpool Mod Rally around then, still look for it in my LP sleeves on the off chance lol even did so tonight. Fek Im still pissed off with that one... :shades:

Bloody Good Question! And a hard one to answer depending on time of day and what kind of mood you're in! If pushed, I'd go with the following:

George Tindley - Ain't gonna worry about you. The one thing I had that I regret selling more than any other record, gives me goosebumps every time i hear it - just missed on on here a few weeks ago too, hadn't logged on for about a week - gutted!

:no:

If I was going for the rare, rare stuff it would be one of the following:

Dancing A Hole In The World - Jimmy Delphs

Bring Your Fine Self Home - The Soulettes

:hatsoff2:

Social source share

Loving your choice of tunes , especially George Tindley.:lol:

Cracking version of dancing a hole of the world by the Esquires too at a fraction of the price, looking for that myself :(

There's an Esquires demo for sale on here at the moment

:D

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

My copie of George McCray's rock you baby no one has enough money to prize this from me.When we were young we were what you may describe as being poor my family originated from the canals and my Dad's family were one of the last working Bargee family's in the late sixties that way of life was all but over and most "water folk " settled into a "normal" life.Our lot found it hard to ajust and like my Dad quite frankly became piss heads , my old boy did his best and on my Birthday he came home half pissed with my copie of rock ya baby He said "Here you are kid here's your bithday box......it's the latest thing!!!!" i'ts still in the randells of Coalville bag.all the best S.

Social source share

:boxing:

Might be your lucky day, drop me a PM!

Social source share

George T is absolute magic :boxing:

One record :thumbsup: Trent Sisters - a letter a day (Gogate). Never had one or even a sniff but it's got the lot for me, absolutely awesome record and still to have its time in the limelight due to rarity I suspect.

I'm v fortunate to have my other three all-time 'dream' tunes, none of which I thought I'd ever own, but I'd probably consider letting one of those go for a Trent Sisters. Funny old game innit; never bloody satisfied :D

atb

Phil

Social source share

If you could choose just one record to own, not necessarily need to rare. Just blows your mind :thumbsup::D

Mine is Frankie and Johnny, I'll hold you on decca demo, f*cking immense!!!:boxing:

What about yours???

Thankfully one i have but It's a total dream 45

RICHARD CAITON - I LIKE TO GET NEAR YOU

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

Thankfully one i have but It's a total dream 45

RICHARD CAITON - I LIKE TO GET NEAR YOU

Like you Nev, this is my all-time 'dream record' and one I managed to persuade Colin Dilnott to sell me about 10 years ago.

Not far off Richard Caiton, I'd place Tearra - ' Just Loving You' - again lucky to have acquired this about 15 years back.

Social source share

Like Nev, Richard Caiton is never far away but 2 that spring to mind for me at the moment are Unique-Here we go again-Col a Soul and Sandy Golden-When we,re all alone-Masterpiece oh, and The Saints-Theres Gotta be a reason-Wigwam.

I,ll think of some more in the next 10 mins thats for sure.

Kev

Social source share

Probably like most, I have managed to aquire many of the records that I have aspired to own over the years, and although there are still many more on the wants list, there is one that I have resigned myself to never owning...........

The Poets Wrapped around your finger..........

Edited by soulsteve
Social source share

I recently tried to put a CD together of my all time top tunes, and that was hard enough picking just 25 ! What do you leave out ?

To pick just one is incredibly difficult, but one record that has consistently come into my top-3 ever since the day I heard it is Sandra Wright - I come running back. Soul heaven !

Dave

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

Again thankfully this one delight would never leave our home - Willie Dee "It Looks Like Rain on Chi Heat, but the one I would love to "own" has to be the Dyco labelled 45 of Clarence C Coulter's - I Cant Fight The Feeling :hatsoff2: .

Social source share

I recently tried to put a CD together of my all time top tunes, and that was hard enough picking just 25 ! What do you leave out ?

To pick just one is incredibly difficult, but one record that has consistently come into my top-3 ever since the day I heard it is Sandra Wright - I come running back. Soul heaven !

Dave

Thats exactly it Dave

..was discussing this with the 'topic starter' yesterday evening. He asked me--so I trawled through the tube---and what transpired was tune after tune of 'you just had to have been there' soundsrolleyes.gif

....however if Butch is 'hanging them up'---if he wants to donate his 'Just like the Weather'----I'll look after it for him and give it a good home lol biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Social source share

Thats exactly it Dave

..was discussing this with the 'topic starter' yesterday evening. He asked me--so I trawled through the tube---and what transpired was tune after tune of 'you just had to have been there' soundsrolleyes.gif

....however if Butch is 'hanging them up'---if he wants to donate his 'Just like the Weather'----I'll look after it for him and give it a good home lol biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I have a whole CD case full of discs that are labelled Top 20 Northern favourites!! It all seems to depend on which venue I'd been to, who I'd just reminisced with, or what mood I'm in! I've had to start labelling them "Top 20 Wigan 1976" - Top 20 Stafford, etc!

rolleyes.gif

Social source share

Guest Ollie Lailey

Think my dream record to own would be Soul Incorporated - My Proposal on Coconut Grove

one day she will be mine!

soul incorporated - my proposal - soul-tbc

Social source share

gerard,,,,,,happiest man :) just luv it

Never heard anyone play this but me.

I think mine (at the moment) would be Court Davis - Try to Think.

Hey up Greg, I had it on tape for the last 30 years plus. It was bounced around Norwich in the early 70's, it was played at a few all nighters in Norwich. Corn exchanged in Cambridge aswell at the Howard Mallet. I remember it being picked up at a Cambridge market on the off chance, if i can remember its red and white or red and yellow label. Nice up tempo floater, male vocal, the song 'he has a dream, then put it into words and try to live the reality' Excellent words. The nearest thing for me on record which i bought a few weeks ago was Malcolm Hayes soundtrack. I believe there's possibly two maybe three going, its gotta be worth 2K today, i think he paid 20 pence for it.Yeah you've got a good record there Greg. I might even put in on vinyl one day. I hope that helps. Keep on keeping on.

Record collector in Billy's world lol.

Social source share

gerard,,,,,,happiest man :thumbsup: just luv it

Never heard anyone play this but me.

I think mine (at the moment) would be Court Davis - Try to Think.

Hey up Greg, I had it on tape for the last 30 years plus. It was bounced around Norwich in the early 70's, it was played at a few all nighters in Norwich. Corn exchanged in Cambridge aswell at the Howard Mallet. I remember it being picked up at a Cambridge market on the off chance, if i can remember its red and white or red and yellow label. Nice up tempo floater, male vocal, the song 'he has a dream, then put it into words and try to live the reality' Excellent words. The nearest thing for me on record which i bought a few weeks ago was Malcolm Hayes soundtrack. I believe there's possibly two maybe three going, its gotta be worth 2K today, i think he paid 20 pence for it.Yeah you've got a good record there Greg. I might even put in on vinyl one day. I hope that helps. Keep on keeping on.

Record collector in Billy's world lol.

Hi Billy it's Ged not Greg :thumbup:

Its red and white and I do hope you're right about value because I have two copies. :thumbsup:

Needs a bit more exposure I think. I may even give it a spin at Haigh Hall nighter 1st May.

Social source share

Hi Billy it's Ged not Greg :thumbup:

Its red and white and I do hope you're right about value because I have two copies. :thumbsup:

Needs a bit more exposure I think. I may even give it a spin at Haigh Hall nighter 1st May.

hi ged ,red and white through it was all the best ,h h n 1st may billy :thumbsup:

Social source share

Took longer than the 10 mins I originally stated, but here,s 3 more that I would love to have, Professionals-My heart belongs to you-Action Pac (Gilly tip) Cashmeres-Aint no coming back-Hubba Bubba and Young Mods-Gloria-Gangland (Steve Green tips) good thread, heads been battered thinkin about stuff you,d love but are unlikely to own.

Kev

Social source share

Took longer than the 10 mins I originally stated, but here,s 3 more that I would love to have, Professionals-My heart belongs to you-Action Pac (Gilly tip) Cashmeres-Aint no coming back-Hubba Bubba and Young Mods-Gloria-Gangland (Steve Green tips) good thread, heads been battered thinkin about stuff you,d love but are unlikely to own.

Kev

cant go wrong with Stevie Green tips :rolleyes: or Gilly's :rolleyes:

Edited by soulsalmon
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!