Dream Record Of All Time

Impact

Hmmm....difficult and tastes change over years, one time Clyde McPhatter - Please Give Me One More Chance

Nowadays, Greater Experience or Timothy Wilson

But...Barbara Acklin - Am I the Same Girl - that has me reeling everytime

and loads by Marvin Gaye too, whats goin on, mercy me, aint that peculiar, come get to this et al

Social source share

If you could choose just one record to own, not necessarily need to rare. Just blows your mind :g:ohmy.gif

Mine is Frankie and Johnny, I'll hold you on decca demo, f*cking immense!!! :hatsoff2:

What about yours???

Absoloutly tons, as someone sez depends on time, day, and mood. One i always enjoy listening to, and playing Chuck Jackson "what's with this loneliness"
Social source share

Cant believe no one hasnt said mine

JEAN CARTER - I WANNA KNOW -

Butch c/u

what a dancer

also luv

SANDY GOLDEN - YOUR LOVE IS EVERYTHING

Jean Carter is an amazing NS record - however, as its an unissued, one - off, uncredited acetate, I doubt very much if it will ever come on to the open market. But agree with the sentiment Keith.

Russ

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

If you could choose just one record to own, not necessarily need to rare. Just blows your mind :huh::ohmy:

Mine is Frankie and Johnny, I'll hold you on decca demo, f*cking immense!!!:ph34r:

What about yours???

So you're including pop records as well as soul?

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Just says "Dream record of all time", doesn't mention soul.

great!....was just clarifying ....as you're his spokesperson!! top

mines.....youg americans david bowie tune!!!

Social source share

• 6 years later...

Given the link between emotion and music I would say this question is almost 'Infinite' by way of answer, or at least it is in terms of the universe of music.

My personal choice based upon nothing more than a 'peak memory' is Darrell Banks 'Open The Door To Your Heart'. Really, just has meaning for me and I wouldn't expect it to be significant to anyone else unless they also happen to have particularly good memories associated with that track.

Social source share

Well if we are going for DREAM records not necessarily soul 

this is an old jah shaka dub plate by johnny clarke  called jah give i the power 

released by shaka with bass dropped sooo low in the mix 

but shakas dub playe mix is killer the bass is just incredible on his valve dound system 

been skanking to this from time

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Impossible to keep just one record out of several 10,000s.  The old desert island problem.  But, I never even had a single favourite song from the first day in 1953, when I heard both "Red Sails In The Sunset" and "My Saddest Hour" by The Five Keys, and "Golden Teardrops" by The Flamingos.   All 3 are STILL my "favourite song" to this day 66 years later, and there are probably more than 100 more added to them, which mean not one iota less to me than those 3.

Social source share

50 minutes ago, RobbK said:

Impossible to keep just one record out of several 10,000s.  The old desert island problem.  But, I never even had a single favourite song from the first day in 1953, when I heard both "Red Sails In The Sunset" and "My Saddest Hour" by The Five Keys, and "Golden Teardrops" by The Flamingos.   All 3 are STILL my "favourite song" to this day 66 years later, and there are probably more than 100 more added to them, which mean not one iota less to me than those 3.

Robb Love the Originals version of Red Sails In The Sunset from their "Baby, I'm For Real" LP (1969) bit later than the '53 pressing, pity the Originals version isn't on Youtube.

Kirsty

Social source share

3 minutes ago, Gold Band said:

Robb Love the Originals version of Red Sails In The Sunset from their "Baby, I'm For Real" LP (1969) bit later than the '53 pressing, pity the Originals version isn't on Youtube.

Kirsty

I'd like to hear that.  I'm a big fan of The Originals.  I've liked C. P. Spencer since his time with The Five Jets, starting in 1954.

Social source share

3 minutes ago, Stephen Houghton said:

Mine would be, THE VELVETS, THE MAGIC IS GONE. it just let's you float away to soulville, sublime

WOW!  Ray Stevens, C&W/Novelty singer, of "Ahab The Arab" fame, produced that song.  Will wonders never cease?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!