soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 22
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I think there may be two different CDs. The "unavailable" one on Amazon from October 2010 is a two track Vocal and Instrumental (I'm guessing this is probably the re-recorded version).

Then, on another forum from March 2011, a member (jsoulsmith ?) was giving details of a New CD with both the re-recorded version, and the original version, plus other tracks, including running times etc.

Maybe it's just a case of contacting Lou Barreto to get one - Can't find any contact info for him though - maybe someone can help on that.

Thanks Again

Mick

Social source share

I think there may be two different CDs. The "unavailable" one on Amazon from October 2010 is a two track Vocal and Instrumental (I'm guessing this is probably the re-recorded version).

Then, on another forum from March 2011, a member (jsoulsmith ?) was giving details of a New CD with both the re-recorded version, and the original version, plus other tracks, including running times etc.

Maybe it's just a case of contacting Lou Barreto to get one - Can't find any contact info for him though - maybe someone can help on that.

Thanks Again

Mick

Hi Mick

The way i read it on the rare soul forum is that you have to contact the guy who posted the reply JOHN SMITH ,he has the contact for Lou Barreto ?

Not a member myself and don't know who the poster is but maybe someone on here knows him and can point you in his direction :thumbup:

Dave Flynn would probs be the best bet smile.gif

Edited by NEV
Social source share

Hello,

I'm surprised you're not aware that for several years I've represented Lou Barreto as a music publisher (on songs such as 'Blowing My Mind To Pieces' and 50% of 'Gone With The Wind Is My Love' etc) and we've discussed this Jimmy McFarland track on soulsource before.

Paul

Millbrand Music Ltd

Social source share

Hello,

I'm surprised you're not aware that for several years I've represented Lou Barreto as a music publisher (on songs such as 'Blowing My Mind To Pieces' and 50% of 'Gone With The Wind Is My Love' etc) and we've discussed this Jimmy McFarland track on soulsource before.

Paul

Millbrand Music Ltd

Well then...how do we get these cd's? :thumbup:biggrin.gif

Social source share

Well then...how do we get these cd's? rolleyes.gif:D

I'm sorry I can't help you, Chalky.

Lou has talked about doing a CD single for years. His intention, against my advice, was to issue a 5-track multi-artist burn-on-demand CD featuring tracks by Jimmy McFarland (his original unissued demo version of 'Blowing My Mind To Pieces'), The Tiaras and Gloria Jones.

I wouldn't usually discuss things like this in public but for a long time I tried to persuade Lou that a burn-on-demand CD single is the wrong format.

The Gloria Jones track, by the way, is her original unissued version of 'Gone With The Wind Is My Love' which has the same backing track as the version by Rita & The Tiaras.

My interest is that I own 100% publishing rights to 'Blowing My Mind To Pieces' for the world and I control 50% of sub-publishing rights to 'Gone With The Wind Is My Love' for the UK and EU. I also share ownership of a master with Lou and he wanted me to issue the Gloria Jones version of 'Gone With The Wind Is My Love' on my Shotgun label.

But, after many delays and with Lou still wanting to issue it first on CD, in the end I reluctantly confirmed that I wouldn't issue the Gloria Jones track. I have other things to do.

It's a shame because Gloria was willing to support the single. And, more frustrating, I also had to decline two third-party license requests, one of which was a sync deal for a film.

I really hope the CD single is successful for Lou (if it ever happens) but I honestly doubt he'll earn a small fraction of the amounts he's already earned from my company, in particular from when I did the deal to feature Bob Relf's version of 'Blowing My Mind To Pieces' in the Clubbed movie.

Sorry if I sound a bit frustrated but I hate to see such wasted opportunities.

:thumbup:

Best wishes,

Paul

:D

Edited by Paul
Social source share

Cheers for that Paul. Tis a shame they can't be issued on vinyl.

Thanks Chalky,

The tracks may well be issued on vinyl eventually but probably by someone else now that I've declined to do it.

I think Lou has now invited license requests from others (including Ace who already own the Rita & The Tiaras version and control half of the song). Of course I'll be happy if Ace decide to do something with those tracks.

So they may appear on vinyl one day but I'm afraid the film sync deal is a lost opportunity that may never happen again.

Paul

Social source share

Lou confirmed that he made the CD listing at amazon some time ago and has since been unable to remove the listing.

That's obviously frustrating for him and accounts for the confusion.

So until Lou confirms what his intentions now are, it's best if everyone ignores the listing at amazon.

Hopefully there will at least be a way to amend it if it can't be deleted.

Paul

Social source share

• 2 months later...

Mick.............

This is LouBarreto............their is a new CD being released on July15 by KingdomComeForeverRecords featuring Jimmy McFarland (both versions of blowing my mind to Pieces), Gloria Jones(original version of Gone with the wind is my love), and the Tiaras new versiong of You're my Man).....total of 5 songs on the CD. go to www.kingdomcomeforever.com there will be an active link to Kunaki distributors for the physical CD......and there will be an link active on July 15 to CD Baby for both physical and digital CD Album only...the link to Kunaki is active................you can purchased the cd via Kunaki link.....$8.50usd.......... Pass the word to your network of friends concerning the new CD and the website www.kingdomcomeforever.com .............................email address is loubarreto.socal@gmail.com

Social source share

Benji.......

This is LouBarreto............their is a new CD being released on July15 by KingdomComeForeverRecords featuring Jimmy McFarland (both versions of blowing my mind to Pieces), Gloria Jones(original version of Gone with the wind is my love), and the Tiaras new versiong of You're my Man).....total of 5 songs on the CD. go to www.kingdomcomeforever.com there will be an active link to Kunaki distributors for the physical CD......and there will be an link active on July 15 to CD Baby for both physical and digital CD Album only...the link to Kunaki is active................you can purchased the cd via Kunaki link.....$8.50usd.......... Pass the word to your network of friends concerning the new CD and the website www.kingdomcomeforever.com .............................email address is loubarreto.socal@gmail.com

Social source share

• 2 years later...

Mick..................

It's been awhile since i have been on this website soul-source........but I am back again and doing well here on earth and in Heaven

I am doing a second promotion  ( June 2014) on my CD album with Gloria, Jimmy and the Tiaras...So pass the word around..........

To purchase the CD album or CD Digital download.......go to my website......................

www.kingdomcomeforever.com

Lou 

loubarreto.socal@gmail.com

post-14178-0-16757700-1402893327_thumb.j

Social source share

Maybe worth trying to contact who actually made the CD?

Here's what it says on Amazon: This product is manufactured on demand using CD-R recordable media. Amazon.com's standard return policy will apply.

Wouldn't mind a copy myself rolleyes.gif

Benji..................

It's been awhile since i have been on this website soul-source........but I am back again and doing well here on earth and in Heaven

I am doing a second promotion  ( June 2014) on my CD album with Gloria, Jimmy and the Tiaras...So pass the word around..........

To purchase the CD album or CD Digital download.......go to my website......................

Lou 

Social source share

Cheers for that Paul. Tis a shame they can't be issued on vinyl.

Chalky

Lou 

Social source share

Hello,

Paul

Millbrand Music Ltd

Nev

Lou 

Social source share

OK, Thanks for clearing that up Paul

Cheers

Mick

Mick

Lou 

Social source share

Did everyone get that Lou is doing a second promotion of the CD this month? 

I'd hate to think any of you hadn't noticed it.

:lol:

Social source share

• 2 years later...