Soulcake 1St Birthday Party

Guest al big n bouncy

Guest al big n bouncy

What a fantastic night we had at the Soulcake last night.

Many thanks to the punters who turned up - many of you had travelled a long way to be there.

With some fantastic records being played - many of which had not been heard for a long time.

Special thanks go out to Pete and LIz, Kev Such and an extra special thank you to the Master - Ted Massey.

Hope those of you who went back to Lee and Kaths had a good time.

Thank you to Glynn and Lorri for the fantastic cake which was admired by everyone.

Look forward to seeing everyone at the next one.

Big Al and Wendy

post-23315-0-46772200-1303038623_thumb.j

post-23315-0-39903200-1303038790_thumb.j

Edited by al big n bouncy
  • Replies 12
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Glyn and Lorrie

Hi just a quick note to say how much we enjoyed the 1st Birthday Cake. thumbsup.gif

Second time to Rushden and has not disappointed,some great sounds and great company.

Its special when you go to a venue to meet old friend and the promoters who really want you to have a good time

Ted Massey,Pete Neal,Liz,Al Leighton,Lee Arnold & Kev Such all did a wonderful job playing to the gathering, all in the party mood.

Glad Lee,Kath,Al&Wendy liked the cake I made,I hope you have started eating it now?I expect Liz has yes.gifstarted&finished her chock egg?

ATB Glyn & Lorraine

Field of dreams " People will come"

Guest aaz19tdi

Hi all, just like to say a big thanks to EVERYBODY, those new faces who we have meet elsewhere and took the time to come and experience the cake, and our loyal regulars who all ways come and support us, you no who you are.

It goes with out saying how grateful we are to the dj,s that played for us you did us proud all of you on the night, top top tunes. Get some play lists up please.

Next Soul Cake is October, dj,s to be announced soon.

All the best Lee & Kathryn.

Hi Lee, Kathryn, Big al and Wendy

What a fantastic night it was at the Soul Cake on Sat night, brilliant from start to finish, fantastic crowd in and all the DJ's played some great music. Pete and I had a brilliant night and we will be back for another slice of cake. It was great to meet up with old friends and meet new one's. :rolleyes:

Glyn the cake was awsome and thankyou to you both for my easter egg, still in the box yet it ain't easter yet so I can't eat it yet. :lol: The after party was a good laugh back at Lee and Kathryn's, Pete did last longer than on his birthday after party but only by about half an hour. Here's to the next time we are all together, I think the idea of meeting up somewhere in the middle is an excellent idea.

As soon as I can remember what I played I will post the play list. :lol:

Anyway think I best get back to work and get off the site which I shouldn't b on in work.

Once again thanks for inviting me and Pete to play at the birthday bash :rolleyes:

Smurfy

Guest kev such

Great night at The Soul Cakes 1st Birthday.

A real pleasure to see Ted again, and top form from Pete, Liz and Al on tunes played. Its good to have someone come and DJ like Pete and Liz who are not regulars to the area. As you get a totally different spot played than usually expected down here in the Northants area, brilliant. Looking forward to him spinning at Mays Cream Cracker.

Great after show party back at Lee and Caths and with their house full we soon ran out of tea and had to move onto coffee.

WELL DONE on the cake Glynn, marvellous mate. Also to Wendy who made enough cakes to feed the 5000, they certainly went down well.

1st Anniversary over with and long may the Soul Cake continue.

Regards

Kev and Karen

Guest kev such

Sorry i havent posted sooner had a great time and what a really friendly crowd, working on the playlist at the moment , Kev you missed some 70's of your list :thumbsup:

Lee and Catherine keep on what your doing you have a great venue there :)

Did I Ted?

Send me a PM which ones mate, dont go public with them though ok? :thumbsup:

Guest porky yorkie

Well Ted I'm even later than you so I wouldn't worry too much.

Got to agree what a fantastic night was had by all.

Thank you Lee,Kathrine, Al and Wendy for inviting Liz and I to spin a few tunes, it was a pleasure and a privalage.

-t was great to catch up with the lads from Mansfield, and ofcourse the crew from Barnstaple, and not to forget all the new friends Liz and I made (I haven't forgot about the cds guys n gals I'll bring them to the cream cacker in May )

The music was certainly second to none, the company absolutely brill.

Lee others may have been at the party but we were in the kitchen. Keep on going and people will come.

Just a quick message to all who are thinking of going to the Soul Cake don't think, do and I'm sure you won't be dissapointed

Even later play list

Henry C-Country girl

JT Parker-If you wanna hold on

Harvey Averne-Never learned to dance

Antellects-Love slave-Flodavieur

Lou Pride Im coing home

Sandi Sheldonc/u

Little Soul-Lonely Stranger

Traditions-Twinkle little star

Moroccas-Musik Megatron

Eddie Parker-Im gone

Deadbeats No second chance

Vivian Jones Money cant buy my love Lark

Yvonne Baker You didn't say a word

Joe Matthews Check your self

Appreciations I cant hide it

Lorraine Chandler I cant change

Bernie Williams Ever again

Darrell Banks Open the door of your heart

Supremes Hes all I got

Temptations Why you wanna make me blue

Astors Candy

Del Larks Job opening

Mel Britt Shell come running back

Freddie Chavez They never know why

Tony Galla So in love

Morrocos Musik Megatron

Rita and the tiaras Gone with the wind

Guest aaz19tdi

Well Ted I'm even later than you so I wouldn't worry too much.

Got to agree what a fantastic night was had by all.

Thank you Lee,Kathrine, Al and Wendy for inviting Liz and I to spin a few tunes, it was a pleasure and a privalage.

-t was great to catch up with the lads from Mansfield, and ofcourse the crew from Barnstaple, and not to forget all the new friends Liz and I made (I haven't forgot about the cds guys n gals I'll bring them to the cream cacker in May )

The music was certainly second to none, the company absolutely brill.

Lee others may have been at the party but we were in the kitchen. Keep on going and people will come.

Just a quick message to all who are thinking of going to the Soul Cake don't think, do and I'm sure you won't be dissapointed

Thanks Pete your a top bloke your mrs aint bad either laugh.gif(soz Liz ) it makes it all worth while with support from real people like you and Liz .thumbsup.gif

See you soon .xx

Guest aaz19tdi

Even later play list

Henry C-Country girl

JT Parker-If you wanna hold on

Harvey Averne-Never learned to dance

Antellects-Love slave-Flodavieur

Lou Pride Im coing home

Sandi Sheldonc/u

Little Soul-Lonely Stranger

Traditions-Twinkle little star

Moroccas-Musik Megatron

Eddie Parker-Im gone

Deadbeats No second chance

Vivian Jones Money cant buy my love Lark

Yvonne Baker You didn't say a word

Joe Matthews Check your self

Appreciations I cant hide it

Lorraine Chandler I cant change

Bernie Williams Ever again

Darrell Banks Open the door of your heart

Supremes Hes all I got

Temptations Why you wanna make me blue

Astors Candy

Del Larks Job opening

Mel Britt Shell come running back

Freddie Chavez They never know why

Tony Galla So in love

Morrocos Musik Megatron

Rita and the tiaras Gone with the wind

Thanks Uncle, a top set for our little ole night, me and Kathryn are very thankful for your support of the Cake.thumbsup.gif

see you soon.hatsoff2.gif