Tommy Tate 'if You've Got To Love Somebody'

I know the KoKo USA press is a grail but I've just picked up a white label 7" with 'TT' written on one side - deadwax matrix JM 001 - I Shazamed it and it came back with the above? Shazam didn't know the flip - it definitely sounded 80s...?

Anybody?

Ta...M

Social source share

It came out legit on Grapevine in 2003 but it wasn't the Koko version it was the unreleased 'smoother' version which was on the late 90's Jap CD. It's available HERE by the way :thumbsup:

The white label was a late 90's boot which i think had 'Byron Miller - Got to get it right' on the other side? Again this was the Jap CD version!

So no, the Koko version has never been released in the UK

Cheers

Steve

Edited by Steve Plumb
Social source share

Thought it was a bit too lame to command $1000.00...laugh.gif

Well - if anybody needs a copy of that white label, then I have one here - ok?

Thx...to all who chipped in....M

Edited by Guest
Social source share

I had the honour of playing the very rare (still the only one?) Koko version at Albrighton a few years back when Ian brought it up. The Jap CD version is probably the better version. The Koko version has a heavy electric guitar over it.....

Chris

Wonderfully rare Chris - Don't know how many copies there are but I understand Steve G has one too - Seem to remember the seller on ebay had 2 copies? Southern soul holy grail or at least one of 'em!

Social source share

• 7 years later...
Guest Sam Joseph

Tommy Tate & James “Deak” Johnson and myself Sam Kazery recorded upward of original 300 Tommy Tate songs together since 1979 til his end. RIP 💞  I believe it’s best that this exclusive catalog needs to be exploited...I welcome bids on the complete catalog both released and unreleased...A wealth of material that captures Tommy’s vocals for a 30 years.

601-826-5509 text before you call and/or email sjkazery@gmail.com

Write: Sam Kazery  346 Heritage Pl.     Jackson, Ms 39212

Best Wishes 

Sam Kazery 

Social source share

31 minutes ago, Sam Joseph said:

Tommy Tate & James “Deak” Johnson and myself Sam Kazery recorded upward of original 300 Tommy Tate songs together since 1979 til his end. RIP 💞  I believe it’s best that this exclusive catalog needs to be exploited...I welcome bids on the complete catalog both released and unreleased...A wealth of material that captures Tommy’s vocals for a 30 years.

601-826-5509 text before you call and/or email sjkazery@gmail.com

Write: Sam Kazery  346 Heritage Pl.     Jackson, Ms 39212

Best Wishes 

Sam Kazery 

may get lost here as a reply to a old topic

may get more exposure/attention if you repost   as a new topic - maybe adding a title something like 'tommy tate complete catalog etc etc' 👍

• Up vote 1
Social source share

That’s strange as I bought both as i thought they were released, anyhow it seems my memory is essentially crap! Lol 

on a more interesting note, if I have the Kent and Grapevine do I have the two mixes covered, or is the koko 45 still different 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!